Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spider-Man vs the Mandarin or Baron Zemo (Marvel)
    Spider-Man vs Deathstroke or the Rogues (DC)
    Spider-Man vs the Shredder (IDW)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    He's actually gone up against the latter 2, but not the first as far as I'm aware.

That would be dope. I always like those moments where Peter fights against telepathy/mind control type attacks.

That was a missed opportunity... Peter is normally so outgunned against Doom that it would have been fun to see Peter with an equally large arsenal backing him up against Doom.
    There may be no need for that. Why? Dr. Doom really dislikes Spider-Man for the same reason he hates The Thing.: Both Pete and Ben mock, tease and disrespect him ( something even Reed Richards will not do). Since Doom's biggest weakness is his arrogant pride, Pete has a decent chance of winning against Doom by having Doom lose self control and make mistakes.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    There may be no need for that. Why? Dr. Doom really dislikes Spider-Man for the same reason he hates The Thing.: Both Pete and Ben mock, tease and disrespect him ( something even Reed Richards will not do). Since Doom's biggest weakness is his arrogant pride, Pete has a decent chance of winning against Doom by having Doom lose self control and make mistakes.
    I don't think there's any number of jokes that Peter can throw which would give him a win against Dr. Doom. This is the same guy who took down the Hulk and gave Thor a good fight. Honestly, if Peter did beat him just by making quips, it would probably be bad writing IMO. Spider-Man vs Dr. Doom should be like Spider-Man vs Juggernaut, except Dr. Doom is way too smart to be outsmarted like Cain was.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Spider-Man vs the Mandarin or Baron Zemo (Marvel)
    Baron Helmut Zemo - Spectacular Spider-Man #194-196, Spider-Man Team-Up #7.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man #325, then again in Amazing Spider-Man #366-367.
    I think I remembner that, but I'm thinking it's okay to reccomend a villain who hasn't shown up in his comics since something like 400 issues ago xD

I just think Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man against the Fascists Next Door with the Red Skull's influence being the motivator could be a good story on the local impact of hate with dressed up superheroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think I remembner that, but I'm thinking it's okay to reccomend a villain who hasn't shown up in his comics since something like 400 issues ago xD

I just think Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man against the Fascists Next Door with the Red Skull's influence being the motivator could be a good story on the local impact of hate with dressed up superheroics.
    Granted, anyone with any interest with Zemo should check out Spectacular 194-196, since JM DeMatteis had also written the villain in his Captain America run, and since he had ties to Vermin.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Granted, anyone with any interest with Zemo should check out Spectacular 194-196, since JM DeMatteis had also written the villain in his Captain America run, and since he had ties to Vermin.
    Weren't Zemo's experiments responsible for creating Vermin in the first place? At least, that's my recollection of their connection.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Weren't Zemo's experiments responsible for creating Vermin in the first place? At least, that's my recollection of their connection.
    Yup. Vermin premiered in DeMatteis' Captain America as one of Zemo's experiments, so the arc brings things full circle.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets