Default Noble Titles for Your Favorite Heroes: What Would They Be?

One of the things I love about fantasy novels are the ridiculous titles that nobles give themselves. Mother of Dragons. Breaker of Chains. Defender of the Dragonwall. Lord of the Morning. The Dragon Reborn. Etc. They're fun and silly titles and I love reading the list of accomplishments and responsibilities these characters will give themselves. And it dawns on me that these are kinda close to the titles some heroes have (Dark Knight, Fastest Man Alive, Man of Steel, etc).

So if your favorite DC character/s were introduced in such a way, what would be their titles?

I'll go first. Since I obviously have an idea for this.

Fussy Royal Functionary: "Presenting Kal of House El. Last son of fabled Krypton, warden of the Phantom Zone. Champion of tomorrow, the Man of Steel, the Super Man!"

Lois Lane: "Ahem."

Fussy Royal Functionary: "And his lady wife.....Lois Lane."

Lois Lane: "Daily Planet."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Presenting John Stewart of the Order of Oa, Leader of Lanterns, Opener of Doors, The Master Builder, Sustainer and Destoryer of Worlds, The Mortal Guardian.

and

Hal Jordan of the Order of Oa, the First Lantern, The Renegade, The Emerald Knight of Oa, Parallax the Conqueror, Living Will.

This reminds me of the fantasy thread I tried to start a few days ago. Unfortunately no one bit
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-10-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Retired

Classic DC characters had such titles as: The Sultan of Speed, the Emerald Gladiator, the King of the Seven Seas, the Tiny Titan, the Winged Wonder, the Brave Bowman, the Dark Knight, the Laughing Daredevil, the Clown Prince of Crime, the Manhunter from Mars, the Queen of the Cats, the Bumbershoot Bandit, the Pliable Policeman, the Ductile Detective, the Man of Two Worlds, the Disciple of Peace and Love, the Shambling Muck Monster, the World's Greatest Super-Hero, the World's Mightiest Mortal, the Girl of Steel, Superman's Pal, the Magnificent Seven, the Pulitzer Prize Winning Reporter, the Nuclear Man, the Evil Anthropoid, the Space Canine, the Lord of Order, the Automaton, the Element Man, the Man with Animal Powers, the Multi-Alien, the Kid Cyclone, the Wrath of God, the Lord of Dreams, the Mistress of Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Classic DC characters had such titles as: The Sultan of Speed, the Emerald Gladiator, the King of the Seven Seas, the Tiny Titan, the Winged Wonder, the Brave Bowman, the Dark Knight, the Laughing Daredevil, the Clown Prince of Crime, the Manhunter from Mars, the Queen of the Cats, the Bumbershoot Bandit, the Pliable Policeman, the Ductile Detective, the Man of Two Worlds, the Disciple of Peace and Love, the Shambling Muck Monster, the World's Greatest Super-Hero, the World's Mightiest Mortal, the Girl of Steel, Superman's Pal, the Magnificent Seven, the Pulitzer Prize Winning Reporter, the Nuclear Man, the Evil Anthropoid, the Space Canine, the Lord of Order, the Automaton, the Element Man, the Man with Animal Powers, the Multi-Alien, the Kid Cyclone, the Wrath of God, the Lord of Dreams, the Mistress of Magic.
    I think you missed the point, man. I know they have such titles. I was asking how you'd take those and spin them into the rankings and titles noble use in fantasy fiction.

Lemonpeace gets it. And dude, I didnt even notice your thread. I'll have to see if I can find it. And I love your titles for Hal and John. Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about when I made the thread.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    One of the things I love about fantasy novels are the ridiculous titles that nobles give themselves. Mother of Dragons. Breaker of Chains. Defender of the Dragonwall. Lord of the Morning. The Dragon Reborn. Etc. They're fun and silly titles and I love reading the list of accomplishments and responsibilities these characters will give themselves. And it dawns on me that these are kinda close to the titles some heroes have (Dark Knight, Fastest Man Alive, Man of Steel, etc).

So if your favorite DC character/s were introduced in such a way, what would be their titles?

I'll go first. Since I obviously have an idea for this.

Fussy Royal Functionary: "Presenting Kal of House El. Last son of fabled Krypton, warden of the Phantom Zone. Champion of tomorrow, the Man of Steel, the Super Man!"

Lois Lane: "Ahem."

Fussy Royal Functionary: "And his lady wife.....Lois Lane."

Lois Lane: "Daily Planet."
    Fussy Royal Functionary: "Presenting the Angel of the Swamps, True Love and Lady Wife of the Earth's Guardian, Abigail Holland!"

Fussy Royal Functionary: "Presenting the Radiant Angel of the Deep, Silent Beauty of the Ninth Tride, Dolphin!"

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Fussy Royal Functionary: "Presenting the Angel of the Swamps, True Love and Lady Wife of the Earth's Guardian, Abigail Holland!"

Fussy Royal Functionary: "Presenting the Radiant Angel of the Deep, Silent Beauty of the Ninth Tride, Dolphin!"
    Ha! I can honestly say I never expected anyone to namedrop Abigail! I like it!

You gotta work a reference in about the Parliament of Trees tho; that name just begs to be included!

~ Black Panther.

Retired

I think you missed the point, man. I know they have such titles. I was asking how you'd take those and spin them into the rankings and titles noble use in fantasy fiction.

Lemonpeace gets it. And dude, I didnt even notice your thread. I'll have to see if I can find it. And I love your titles for Hal and John. Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about when I made the thread.
    No, I get it. I'm just saying you already have ready-made sobriquets that could be used for their noble titles. You don't have to invent any new ones, because they already have lots. Imagine Flash being introduced "Presenting the Flash, the Fastest Man Alive, the Crimson Comet, the Scarlet Speedster, Sultan of Speed, Master of Motion, the Central City Champion!"

Alan Scott, Knight of the Green Flame, Bearer of the Emerald Beacon and Master of the Enchanted Starheart!

Jay of the house of Garrick, Mercury's chosen vessel.

Jack Knight of earth and keeper of the stars.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    No, I get it. I'm just saying you already have ready-made sobriquets that could be used for their noble titles. You don't have to invent any new ones, because they already have lots. Imagine Flash being introduced "Presenting the Flash, the Fastest Man Alive, the Crimson Comet, the Scarlet Speedster, Sultan of Speed, Master of Motion, the Central City Champion!"
    Ah okay. I got ya! Well sh*t man, you still gotta rub a little style into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Jay of the house of Garrick, Mercury's chosen vessel.

Jack Knight of earth and keeper of the stars.
    You know what? I think the Knight family deserve a "of House Knight." I mean, look at that family! Two Phantom Ladies, one of whom runs the school that trains them, the other who's a big Hollywood celebrity. Three Starmen, one of whom is among the greatest scientists of the 20th century. A dead President. I'm sure there's a couple more. Those guys are like the Kennedy's of the DCU.

I'm feelin that "Mercury's Chosen Vessel" line too. That's tight.

~ Black Panther.

Oh! The reason I started the thread; a random line of dialogue that popped into my head one day.

A drone appears above Metropolis and hunts down Superman with a message.

"Kal of House El. You are cordially required to attend the marriage ceremony of the Lady Maxima; Fourth of Her name, Head of the Blood Royale, Denier of Imperiex, Empress of the Pax Imperium of Almerac, and her royal consort the Lord Vartox, Champion of the Sombrero Hat galaxy, Guardian of the Time-Scanoscope, Hero of Tynola and Immortal King of the lost Empire Valeron.

You're heartfelt joy is mandatory."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Ha! I can honestly say I never expected anyone to namedrop Abigail! I like it!

You gotta work a reference in about the Parliament of Trees tho; that name just begs to be included!
    Thanks! Well you asked for favourite characters so I obliged.

Yeah I wanted to include something like that but I couldn't think of anything.

Oh! The reason I started the thread; a random line of dialogue that popped into my head one day.

A drone appears above Metropolis and hunts down Superman with a message.

"Kal of House El. You are cordially required to attend the marriage ceremony of the Lady Maxima; Fourth of Her name, Head of the Blood Royale, Denier of Imperiex, Empress of the Pax Imperium of Almerac, and her royal consort the Lord Vartox, Champion of the Sombrero Hat galaxy, Guardian of the Time-Scanoscope, Hero of Tynola and Immortal King of the lost Empire Valeron.

You're heartfelt joy is mandatory."
    LOL! That's exactly how it would go the comics.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 03-10-2019 at 07:40 PM.