Default MCU Captain Marvel: where does she rank as a H2H fighter *spoilers, duh*

Where does she rank in the MCU, obviously.

I offer two options for this one:

1. As a mere human, but with the fighting skills and experience she showed during the movie

2. As she was during the first part of the movie, no photon blasts obviously, pre-unlocking her full power.

Reminder of her feats:

spoilers:

*First shown in hand to hand sparring with Yon-Rogg, who is admittedly mostly featless aside from that
    *After being captured by the Skrulls early of the movie, defeats about 20 of them after escaping, while her hands are restrained to contain her blasts. Caveat, the shackles likely grant some extra damage.
    *Fighting a rather agile Skrull in a train.
    *Towards the end of the movie, takes on two of her former colleagues in melee.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 03-10-2019 at 01:20 PM.

I think she displayed standard military fighting skills; likely on par on with Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I think she displayed standard military fighting skills; likely on par on with Hawkeye and Black Widow.
    Wait... you think Hawkeye and Black Widow are ‘standard military’...?!

Without her powers, Hawkeye or Black Widow - particularly the latter - would MURDER Danvers.

Hand to hand, no weapons or powers, yes I'd place those three on the same level.

Carol’s got skill but I’d argue in every case she where won she had a serious strength advantage. The Skrulls really didn’t seem to be on par with the Kree in terms of physicals (except maybe for that really big one, can’t remember how she took him out.) The fact that they die in car crashes that Fury walks away from and have to put in some effort to overpower him makes them not look especially metahuman.

I wouldn’t put her nearly on par with Widow in pure skill; to me she’s more in the Falcon/Stark/that crowd range.

The highest I’d put her at is Hawkeye level—good enough to make Natasha work for a win but not a real threat to her.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

That Skrull took the brunt of a truck hitting his side of the car while he was busy trying to kill Fury. Skrulls in general seem to at least be a little superhuman, considering getting smashed into a Subway pole hard enough to bend it with their face doesn't even really slow them down.

I don't know that any other "Kree" ever took a Skrulls on hand to hand in the movie, but limitered Carol was physically at least on the same tier as Yon-Rogg, despite the fact that he essentially has at least several years of Kree special forces training over her, who was still in one piece and conscious (though definitely out of the fight) after being blasted around 50-100 feet away into solid stone, after having walked away from what was essentially a plane crash.

Is there any indication that the Drax-swatting Ronan the Accuser was particularly enhanced before he got the Power Stone?
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-10-2019 at 05:25 PM.

I'm cool with Scrulls being stronger than Humans but weaker than Kree. This is on account of the Scrulls generally being more physically capable than humans (the one fought on the train, Talos dominating Nick Fury, who at this point is still a highly trained SHIELD agent); but in light of Kree's physical feats in Agents of SHIELD, and especially regarding Ronan dominating Drax and Yon-Rogg being blasted hundreds of feet by an energy ray, smashing rock, and being fine. So in that sense, granting Carol some form of Kree physiology and military training, taking out 20 Scrulls sounds legitimate.

Is there any indication that the Drax-swatting Ronan the Accuser was particularly enhanced before he got the Power Stone?
    None really. At the very least, he shouldn't have been any more enhanced than any other highly trained, high-ranking Kree soldier like Yon-Rogg. And since he's dead, we'll never know otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Without her powers, Hawkeye or Black Widow - particularly the latter - would MURDER Danvers.
    Hand to hand, no weapons or powers, yes I'd place those three on the same level.
    I kinda get it, in that Carol is closer to Hawkeye or Black Widow in skill, than Hawkeye or Widow are to Panther and Cap.

Carol is probably closer to Sam and Jim in that regard (with Jim being a distant rank behind).