Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Marvel is good at finding the best talent that fits the best. Is that a better way to put it?

Your comments on "best" makes me think of Kim Basinger in Batman 1989. For the studio at the time, she was the hot commodity, the hot girl culturally. But she was a terrible actor.

Ava DuVernay has said that she turned down Black Panther because she and Disney had different ideas of how the movie should be. In a studio like WB in 1989, she might have just gotten the job because of her pedigree. But in contrast, Disney weighed their options and liked Coogler's ideas about portraying African-Americans and African themes and felt that it was a better way to go. If you haven't yet, watch an interview with Coogler about the process, it might give you goosebumps. Somebody at Disney made the best business decision of their entire life in hiring him.

When Iron Man first came out, Robert Downey Jr. definitely seemed a risk, but somebody at Disney saw something and look at him now. Another fantastic decision. Disney has a pretty great process for determining the best.
    Naw RDJ was all Favrou and predates Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    For the most part, Marvel have adhered to that aspect (the few missteps being Mandarin, Zemo and the Ancient One.)
    I actually disagree.

Mandarin was and is still a pretty racist character. Just another yellow peril dude with kung fu and magic rings. Making him Osama Bin Laden was great, just turning him into a white fire breathing dude wasnt.

Zemo looks ridiculous and cant translate to LA well. Nor could his story without it just being "Oh look....more Hydra"

Ancient One was a cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Naw RDJ was all Favrou and predates Disney
    Oh yah, good point! Well that was the same sort of good casting Disney does.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oh yah, good point! Well that was the same sort of good casting Disney does.
    I agree but with RDJ it was Favrou and Terrance Howard that really got him the role.

Anyway so Shang chi got a director so I'm guessing that's coming pretty quick. Destin cretton apparently hes a drama guy, who worked with Brie Larson a few times
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Making good movies. That's the Marvel formula.
    Not always in my opinion.