Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Didn't expect the movie to be as graphic and gory maybe cuz it's a kid as the star, They didn't romanticize the character or try to make you feel sorry for him which was a good thing. I thought the ending was messed up and I think The Boys stole a kill scene from this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Didn't expect the movie to be as graphic and gory maybe cuz it's a kid as the star, They didn't romanticize the character or try to make you feel sorry for him which was a good thing. I thought the ending was messed up and I think The Boys stole a kill scene from this movie.
    yeah, i noticed that. but i think it was just coincidence. evil superman going to evil superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    A horror version of Spider-Man would be amazing.
    the Earth vs the Spider (2001) remake was note-for-note a horror version of Spider-man. main character even had his own "mary jane."

Plot[edit]

wiki
    Quentin Kemmer (Devon Gummersall) is a shy security guard and obsessive comic book fan who dreams of becoming a superhero like his favorite comic book character The Arachnid Avenger, and going out with his next-door neighbor Stephanie Lewis (Amelia Heinle). When his partner is killed during a botched robbery at the research laboratory where he works, Quentin is fired and he injects himself with an experimental serum derived from spiders. The next day he is wracked with a severely high fever and spends most of the day unconscious. After he recovers he discovers that he has developed increased strength...
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-12-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the Earth vs the Spider (2001) remake was note-for-note a horror version of Spider-man. main character even had his own "mary jane."

Plot[edit]

wiki
    Quentin Kemmer (Devon Gummersall) is a shy security guard and obsessive comic book fan who dreams of becoming a superhero like his favorite comic book character The Arachnid Avenger, and going out with his next-door neighbor Stephanie Lewis (Amelia Heinle). When his partner is killed during a botched robbery at the research laboratory where he works, Quentin is fired and he injects himself with an experimental serum derived from spiders. The next day he is wracked with a severely high fever and spends most of the day unconscious. After he recovers he discovers that he has developed increased strength...
    You know I'm trying to remember if I saw this one as a kid or not on HBO - did he shoot webbing from his bellybutton?

You know I'm trying to remember if I saw this one as a kid or not on HBO - did he shoot webbing from his bellybutton?
    that i don't remember. he shot plenty of webs though. i recently ordered a copy of the movie. i'll watch it and let you know.

Mighty Member

Brightburn was frankly terrifying.
    But I actually did feel some sympathy for the character, as initially he seemed a sweet kid until he hear the voice from the starship.

that i don't remember. he shot plenty of webs though. i recently ordered a copy of the movie. i'll watch it and let you know.
    Okay, because I definitely remember watching a horror movie/show late 90s/early 00s where a dude turned into a man spider monster, but I was young and it was a long time ago so memory's fuzzy beyond small things like "webbing from bellybutton" strangely being something I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Brightburn was frankly terrifying.
    But I actually did feel some sympathy for the character, as initially he seemed a sweet kid until he hear the voice from the starship.
    i took it as the voice unlocking the true Brandon. the aliens "forced" two earthlings to raise their child by making him sweet until it was the right time for his powers to develop. in other words, i think that the 'sweetness' was a conditioned ruse.

Okay, because I definitely remember watching a horror movie/show late 90s/early 00s where a dude turned into a man spider monster, but I was young and it was a long time ago so memory's fuzzy beyond small things like "webbing from bellybutton" strangely being something I remember.
    found it in the wiki article. he definately fires webs from his abdomen.

found it in the wiki article. he definately fires webs from his abdomen.
    Probably the same movie then - I can't imagine there being two such similar movies from that time. But seeing as I only half remember it at best, how is it? Any good?

Probably the same movie then - I can't imagine there being two such similar movies from that time. But seeing as I only half remember it at best, how is it? Any good?
    I appreciate the comic book elements and the special effects. It was a real simple story; like a more shallow version of cronenberg's Fly remake. But it was the best of that particular wave of films. They remade several b-horror movies. She-Creature and The Day the World Ended were part of this 50s tribute lineup.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-14-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Mighty Member

i took it as the voice unlocking the true Brandon. the aliens "forced" two earthlings to raise their child by making him sweet until it was the right time for his powers to develop. in other words, i think that the 'sweetness' was a conditioned ruse.
    Now that's creepy!

I loved Brandon's chilling threat to the little girl that she will be important to him in the future and he will be back, even though he had already left her a mess.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I loved Brandon's chilling threat to the little girl that she will be important to him in the future and he will be back, even though he had already left her a mess.
    she really needs to become his lex luthor (or dr loomis, in this case).