Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Dore the Explorer Live Action trailer. Dora with a knife!

Edit-can someone fix the title? Misspelled dora.

Boots is voiced by Danny Trejo by the way! This looks--Umm? What did I just watch?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Never mind Dora with a knife, how about Dora with BOOBS!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Really? A simple Dora the hot explorer joke would do just fine we here at CBR don't have to go so low brow allso kim possible is hotter.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It was the first thing I noticed.

That actually looks somewhat cute.

Invincible Member

I'm wondering if some internet troll is going to start complaining that this is feminist propaganda.

This looks like the kind of movie kids will love, and grumpy thirty-somethings will tear apart just because.

Judging only from the trailer, Isabela Moner seems to have pretty good comedic acting chops, for a seventeen-year-old.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member

I wonder if she'll turn to the camera and ask the audience what she should do at all during the movie. "We have to get over this big gap to find my parents. Should I try to jump over it or should I try to find a way around?"

The funny/bizarre thing is that College Humor did the same idea for a gag trailer and then made a multiple part series based on it because it was so popular. And now there's this. It's like Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount looked at College Humor's parody and in a huff said "Well, we can do that! Only for real!"

Looks like Benicio del Toro is voicing swiper.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...r-movie-swiper

I'm too old to remember the original cartoon (although I know I saw most of an episode somewhere down the line). That said, the movie does look interesting, like an Indiana Jones/National Treasure that all-ages okay (even if I'm pretty sure that the target audience is adults who watched the show as kids). Isabela Moner seems to be a good fit for the role (saw her in Instant Family and she did good).

Teen character (and modestly dressed, at that). Don't see what the big deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm wondering if some internet troll is going to start complaining that this is feminist propaganda.
    I seriously doubt that there are enough male trolls who are also hardcore Dora the Explorer fans to get something like that started.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The funny/bizarre thing is that College Humor did the same idea for a gag trailer and then made a multiple part series based on it because it was so popular. And now there's this. It's like Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount looked at College Humor's parody and in a huff said "Well, we can do that! Only for real!"
    I remember that. Think I like the look of this one better; the College Humor one seemed kinda mean-spirited.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

iMan 42s

Well I don't know about you guys but I'm sold.

I'll die a little inside when I buy the ticket but this looks harmless.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

well, that trailer exceeded my very low expectations. (isn't Michael Bay involved in this somehow? I thought there would be explosions....)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I wonder if she'll turn to the camera and ask the audience what she should do at all during the movie. "We have to get over this big gap to find my parents. Should I try to jump over it or should I try to find a way around?"

I hope so. if they didn't do that at least once it would be like making a "Doom" film adaptation without a single POV shot in it.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    well, that trailer exceeded my very low expectations. (isn't Michael Bay involved in this somehow? I thought there would be explosions....)

I hope so. if they didn't do that at least once it would be like making a "Doom" film adaptation without a single POV shot in it.
    Michael Bay's assistant had to go on Twitter to reassure the Internet he had nothing to do with the Dora movie a while back.

The knife makes we sort of want a Dora/Crocodile Dundee cross over.

Yikes, this looks bad. In a talking down to it's audience kind of way...but then again, I guess that would be accurate? lol