Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Superhero horror film Brightburn

It's from James Gunn. Basically a what-if Superman was bad.

Last edited by ChibaMariners; 03-11-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Looking forward to this movie. The movie is trolling Man of Steel hard, especially when you consider some of the shots they used in the trailer and the font.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

they might as well have called it 'Hyperion.' because it's a lot like how the MAX version of the character's origin played out.

I wanted a Hyperion movie guess I gotta settle for this. Looks interesting love dude reaction when hes sees the kid floating in front of him... just nope

Incredible Member

Reminds me more of the Nu52's Ultraman origin shown in JUSTICE LEAGUE#24.

This looks badass. Now that's a super villain.

I'll have to keep tabs on this. Not sure I'd want too see it if it's too creepy/graphic, but the premise is very interesting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just saw this movie, pretty darn good. I mean it is a horror movie, and a couple scenes were gruesome to watch, but that's what we expected. It won't change the genre forever or anything, but it was better than I had expected it to be, pretty fun little scary movie, and hell of an ending. Anyone know how to do those spoiler tags or whatever here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Anyone know how to do those spoiler tags or whatever here?
    [SPOIL ][/SPOIL ] Just without the spaces.

spoilers:
    Like this.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    [SPOIL ][/SPOIL ] Just without the spaces.

spoilers:
    Like this.
    end of spoilers
    Thank you.

spoilers:
    There were only two gorey scenes, so not exactly a splatter fest, but wow were they hard to look at. That one dude from Mom, ****! That was brutal.

Anyways, I really liked the last scene where it's hinted that there's a whole horror Justice League roster worth of characters out there, horror Wonder Woman, horror Aquaman, etc. Obviously this isn't the start of a horror DC ripoff universe, just a sly wink kind of thing, but still pretty awesome. I'd totally watch a whole series of DC inspired horror supervillain origin movies.
    end of spoilers

Thank you.

spoilers:
    There were only two gorey scenes, so not exactly a splatter fest, but wow were they hard to look at. That one dude from Mom, ****! That was brutal.

Anyways, I really liked the last scene where it's hinted that there's a whole horror Justice League roster worth of characters out there, horror Wonder Woman, horror Aquaman, etc. Obviously this isn't the start of a horror DC ripoff universe, just a sly wink kind of thing, but still pretty awesome. I'd totally watch a whole series of DC inspired horror supervillain origin movies.
    end of spoilers
    I'm hoping it is the start of a horror dc rip off universe.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'm hoping it is the start of a horror dc rip off universe.
    They'd have to find another name for it though if they go for the whole cinematic universe thing, despite how Horror DC Ripoff Universe just rolls off the tongue.

Thank you.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I wouldn't assume that it won't happen. Studio execs are quite predictable. It all depends on how much money this makes over budget.

P.S. The uncle's actions were not realistic. They had an idea for an action scene and forced him to act in a way that would set that up. But there's no way that he flees that house without checking first. That's my only complaint. Overall there were not many surprises. And there didn't need to be. But I'm in a critical mood after watching people savage 'Us.'

They'd have to find another name for it though if they go for the whole cinematic universe thing, despite how Horror DC Ripoff Universe just rolls off the tongue.
    This one was titled after the name of the town; like Cloverfield. They could continue doing that. Is there a "Gotham" in this world?

Astonishing Member

I loved the film!

The concept itself is a brilliant subversion of the Superman mythos. The characters were great, and the acting was top-notch. Above all, the atmosphere and the visuals were suitably eerie and striking in equal measure.

SPOILERS ahead

spoilers:
    Actually, about the only real disappointment with the film was the way they had the ship rather unsubtly brainwash Brandon into 'taking the world'. This aspect was what single-handedly held the film back from achieving the greatness it could have. Without the ship's influence, the film would have been an interesting character study about a child being overwhelmed by superpowers and going down a dark path. Or, they could have delved deeper into the ship's influence and made the film about Brandon's inner conflict and a story about nature vs. nurture. As it stands, its a little difficult to really get a feel for Brandon's character and what's driving him towards evil. To put it another way - is the fundamental question driving this story "What if Superboy was evil?" or "What if Superboy was possessed by an evil spaceship?"
    end of spoilers

On the whole an enjoyable film that could work well as a standalone OR as the start of a new superhero/horror franchise...