Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I guess the fact that Xavier brainwould have been formless goo, well before he was even buriede scaped them/ If not i embalmed rotting formless goo. If I embalmed then toxic formless goo with massive cellular damage
    A new movie released in the MU.

"THEY SAVED XAVIER"S BRAIN!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    Well, I see your point, but no one could have predicted the Incursions. Had Alex and co. known, they probably would have done things differently.

You can certainly lay the blame for the erased people on Planet X at Havok's feet, but the Incursions are something else altogether. It is an irony of his decision, absolutely, but to blame him for it would be silly.

Also, we still don't know how this is all going to turn out. There being a 616 Earth and Avengers may lead to stopping the Incursions somewhere down the line and saving a lot of lives.

Maybe. It could lead to only one Earth being left in the whole multiverse for all I know, but I'm confident a difference will be made in terms of protecting life in at least a few universes. One could argue, after all, that by bringing back the 616 Earth, Havok created a situation where the Great Society's universe would be saved.

Also, remember what you said earlier today about "New Avengers":

"Imo the point of the story is sometimes the world need monsters instead of heroes, and it can be hard to tell the difference between the two."

Even though Alex's decision is questionable, it can still be the best decision in the situation.
    Maybe it was the best decision, but it doesn't change that he's a monster for making it and that is what annoys me, Namor, and Illyana know they are monsters and own everything they do without remorse, but Alex, gets to think he's hero despite being a monster, and I just find that nauseating. Also I have to blame Alex for the incursions continuing because I know about it, it is the same reason why Uatu was disgusted with Beast because he knew all the alternate timelines he destroyed by bringing the O5 to the present time. If Alex knew what his actions caused I'm pretty sure he would be disgusted with himself as well, but since he doesn't he gets to pretend to be a hero.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 08-07-2014 at 09:48 PM.

BANNED

Beast sucking: The one thing everyone can agree on.

Extraordinary Member

I disagree!

(runs away)

BANNED

Which is a shame because Beast, Carol Danvers, and Wonder Man used to be in my top 10 of favorite characters but now I can barely stand them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Maybe it was the best decision, but it doesn't change that he's a monster for making it and that is what annoys me, Namor, and Illyana know they are monsters and own everything they do without remorse, but Alex, gets to think he's hero despite being a monster, and I just find that nauseating. Also I have to blame Alex for the incursions continuing because I know about it, it is the same reason why Uatu was disgusted with Beast because he knew all the alternate timelines he destroyed by bringing the O5 to the present time. If Alex knew what his actions caused I'm pretty sure he would be disgusted with himself as well, but since he doesn't he gets to pretend to be a hero.
    by this logic literally every action destroys other timelines and everyone is a monster at all times.
    it doesn't work this way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    by this logic literally every action destroys other timelines and everyone is a monster at all times.
    it doesn't work this way.
    No every action creates a timeline, but going back in time and changing the action destroys the timeline that would have been created, and replaces it with another one, but this isn't always the case sometimes the original timeline isn't destroyed but becomes a alternate timeline. In Planet X's case the timeline was destroyed.

No every action creates a timeline, but going back in time and changing the action destroys the timeline that would have been created, and replaces it with another one, but this isn't always the case sometimes the original timeline isn't destroyed but becomes a alternate timeline. In Planet X's case the timeline was destroyed.
    Of course, the Twins and Kang's actions destroyed seven timelines to leave one prime one where Kang would become as a God. Havok's actions restored those timelines as well, so multiple futures were saved.

Astonishing Member

Which is a shame because Beast, Carol Danvers, and Wonder Man used to be in my top 10 of favorite characters but now I can barely stand them.
    Blame that on the writer. Especially KSD who wiped out Carol's memories, which I felt killed what made her unique in the first place.