Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Intresting, Rogue's powers never affected Simon, and now not only do they affect him, but he is the only one who she can't "unabsorb?" Yeah, can't say I see this as good writing.
    Once again Wonder Man gets the short end of the stick.

Peace
    Such a great character to waste this way. I did call this on another thread a couple on months back though as it seemed obvoius the way she could suddenly absorb his powers in the Coipel issue. I wonder if this will turn into a Starhawk type situation or we have lost him again for good...which sucks, he is one of my favorite male Avengers all the way back to the Jeff Johnson series.
    This was a way to give Rogue back her most recognizable powerset though.
    Dang, that was a bandaid I would have rather left on in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Loved it, great conclusion.

It was nice to see Wanda rally around Rogue, and it'll be interesting to see what happens with Simon trapped in her mind. Will she be a pacifist now?
    So very unhappy with this plot point. Every scenario from Split Persona, Pacifist Rogue, Simon Loves Wanda through Rogue are massive fails. It alters too much Rogue's fiesty kick ass personality and makes her a passive character. We already had split personality Rogue. I want to read about the real Rogue. Remender keeps making that impossible. I mean we have Mags coming up, but whatevs, with WonderRogue that meeting will lack bite. As long as Remender has Rogue, we will get a sexless, plot device and not the Bombshell with a mean right hook.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    So very unhappy with this plot point. Every scenario from Split Persona, Pacifist Rogue, Simon Loves Wanda through Rogue are massive fails. It alters too much Rogue's fiesty kick ass personality and makes her a passive character. We already had split personality Rogue. I want to read about the real Rogue. Remender keeps making that impossible. I mean we have Mags coming up, but whatevs, with WonderRogue that meeting will lack bite. As long as Remender has Rogue, we will get a sexless, plot device and not the Bombshell with a mean right hook.
    This would make four times since Avengers Annual #10. First it was Carol, then it was Sunfire, then Mystique after the Messiah Complex and perhaps now Simon. It's so Been there, done that! (Where is Blindspot when you need her? Still sleeping with Rogue's costume? :-p )

Ultimate Member

OMG, I just thought of something. Simon and Wanda had just restarting their romantic relationship before all of this went down. If this status quo continues and Rogue and Simon are sharing memories/a body, what happens if he wants that relationship to continue? Oh man could that get awkward REALLY fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    This would make four times since Avengers Annual #10. First it was Carol, then it was Sunfire, then Mystique after the Messiah Complex and perhaps now Simon. It's so Been there, done that! (Where is Blindspot when you need her? Still sleeping with Rogue's costume? :-p )
    I absolutely agree mikeb. This is a total retread. Yet again Remender continues to make Rogue a plot device. How can we get to explore Rogue with this BS attached? I don't want to read WonderRogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    OMG, I just thought of something. Simon and Wanda had just restarting their romantic relationship before all of this went down. If this status quo continues and Rogue and Simon are sharing memories/a body, what happens if he wants that relationship to continue? Oh man could that get awkward REALLY fast.
    That is just a huge slap in the face to Rogue fans. Also poor ROMY/Rogneto fans. :'(

Astonishing Member

How has Mayday been doing in the series so far?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Oh look, the only person of color had all their ethnic features cleansed.
    Race is just a social construct, maaaaaan. It's what's on the inside that matters, so it doesn't matter if all the characters who don't look normal lose their outward appearance. Now it won't matter if a character is of a different ethnicity.

(sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    How has Mayday been doing in the series so far?

She's been lovely window-dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    I have to say, this story ended with quite a whimper. Really, this issue was not exciting in any way. Kang was really never realized as a major threat, there was very little teamwork (at least in taking him down) and the emotional impact of losing Katie (which I would expect hasn't really happened; Kang is probably keeping her to use against Havoc at some point in the future) was pretty much null and void. It really just didn't work.

And how exactly did Thor become unworthy? He tried to send the Celestial's energy to a dying sun to save trillions of beings, was attacked from behind and hurled into the Celestial energy and then attacked Kang--for some reason, without Mjolnir so he couldn't fly. That makes no sense whatsoever....
    He's not unworthy just yet.

And I have to disagree; besides having a bit of action, this issue (and arc) hit a lot of emotional beats for several characters. I get that people hate this book, but it's been plenty exciting (especially after the admittedly meh opening arc), this issue included.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Wow, Remender really is incapable of writing any kind of a happy ending isn't he. The arc ends on a tragic scene. Hey Rick, it's ok to let your characters just flat-out win every once in awhile. You do know that right?
    What did you expect, in 616 universe, the things never end in a good and happy way; they only end in a way that is not bad enough that get everyone killed or end up under the tyrannical fist of ultron or apocalypse.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 07-30-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This and Mighty Avengers is the most Avenger-y of the of all the books in the franchise.

Can't enough good things about this title.

I'm still kind of in shock that Horseman Sentry didn't die. Hopefully, this is just the start for him and, in due time, the Horseman part can be done away with. The Horseman are pretty clearly a dangling plot thread left for someone (or maybe even Remender himself) to tug on later.

I don't see anyone mentioning Banshee, though. What became of him?
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-30-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Ol' Rick may be just playing with our heads! What happened with Rogue just may be nothing more than a delayed reaction due to Simon's ionic state...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Why are all the haters reading this book? Why are they so masochistic? Stop reading what you obviously do not like!

I'm not sure I am comfortable with Rogue Witch/Scarlet Rogue pairing up... Feels weird...

I hope Havok can cure his burns... That is a major change to the character otherwise.

I feel like we never spent enough time with Havok's and Wasp's child to really form an emotional bond with her. I can understand Havok wanting to get his child back but... I just don't feel connected to the kid (in the same way I would be if Valaria Richards was kidnapped). Kang is totally going to raise her to be a weapon, just like he did with the twins. That'll be heart-wrenching - watching Havok and Wasp come to grips with the idea that they have to kill their child to save the world.

Sunfire sure got a huge upgrade. I wonder where that is going.

Sentry will definitely be back.

I hope the twins regroup and get their revenge on Kang. Maybe even team up with the Unity Team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    He's not unworthy just yet.

And I have to disagree; besides having a bit of action, this issue (and arc) hit a lot of emotional beats for several characters. I get that people hate this book, but it's been plenty exciting (especially after the admittedly meh opening arc), this issue included.
    It's mostly the godawful oocness of several of the characters that I don't like. If Remender doesn't want to acknowledge/respect established continuity, then he should write his own stuff and not a book set in a universe with 50 years of continuity. Otherwise, don't blatantly ignore their established characterizations just because your premise won't work if you write them correctly. It's just lazy writing. The actual plot is fine, except that I'm getting tired of pretty much every single thing that Remender writes being nothing but bleak, miserable, dark, and depressing. It worked really well for UXF, but I find it tiresome here. There's no reason why this arc had to end with Havok and Wasp losing their child and her sobbing. It's just Remender getting one last unnecessary mean-spirited gut punch in before the story ends. It's a habit of his that I'm getting tired of. We get it Rick, you already made you point. There's no need to stomp on the characters neck one more time at the last second.