Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Old Weapons for WW Re-Designed to keep WW not so cluttered

Instead of carrying her shield and sword around, would you prefer that her sword

a) her lasso be able to transform into either of these weapons

b) it comes from other parts of her body armor, either her Tiara (magically, of course) splits into two artifacts; the sword circle star in the centre becomes a shield; and the the rest of the Tiara becomes the sword (both morph

c) is more of a mystical shield that forms (and she can control the size of it) as she puts the bracelets together; she's done this before anyway; just a question of making it more fancy by special effect or drawing, or one transform into a shield and the other one into a sword

d) keep it the same?

I prefer any of these over the current ones because I think the sword should only be used sparingly being so deadly AND her bracelets can do the blocking for the most part. I rather see more classic hand to hand combat first and foremost.

TT

In the new 52 after Ares awakened her God of war modes she could created weapons. So maybe when she got her bracelets she could create weapons when it calls for it. Her bracelets are a pocket dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    a) her lasso be able to transform into either of these weapons
    YAP.

It's surprising this hasn't been done far sooner.

Unless she's going up against a dragon, she won't need the sword.

Wait, she did go up against a dragon without ever using a sword…

JLA_A_League_of_One_HC.jpg
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I was happy with her weapons being stored in her bracelets, I'd be even happier if those weapons were invisible. She could pull out anything from a javelin, battle ax or possibly a gun. Speaking of a battle ax it was far preferable to a sword and shield because it could be used like both and if badass is what you're looking for nothing beats an ax.

I vote for no sword and no shield and just some bracelets and a lasso and the occasional boomerang tiara.

To me, what's cluttering is that she has them in the first place.

I like WW with just her classic bracelets, tiara and lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like WW with just her classic bracelets, tiara and lasso.
    Co-signed.

Incredible Member

I don't really understand the need for a shield when she has her bracelets and super speed. Anything that would be stopped by a shield should be able to be stopped by her bracelets using her super human skills to block projectiles / attacks over just as wide an area as that which would be blocked by a shield.

I'd prefer it if Diana didn't have a sword at all. If she had to have a sword, then I'd prefer it to appear from her bracelets as I don't like the visual of Wonder Woman running around with a killing weapon strapped to her hip or back. But, I'd prefer it if Diana had a more ... unique weapon when she's up against major foes. Something other than a sword. All of her other weapons (i.e. bracelets, lasso and tiara) are unique, but a sword is so generic. The trident and mace are already taken by Aquaman and Hawkman / Hawkgirl. Maybe a magical "spear" which shrinks down and can be stored easily on her back. And it has two modes - one as a mainly non-lethal staff (i.e. no spear head) and a second as a "killing" spear which Diana only creates when absolutely necessary.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d rather see her invisible plane used more often.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I do think her bracelets should be able to create weapons.. . That way her lasso is the only thing she uses. Her bracelets should be able to form any shield size. From a regular one to being capable of surrounding a large city. However, it should take a lot of energy,

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I do think her bracelets should be able to create weapons.. . That way her lasso is the only thing she uses. Her bracelets should be able to form any shield size. From a regular one to being capable of surrounding a large city. However, it should take a lot of energy,
    The create any weapons from her bracelets thing is essentially what Warren Ellis's pastiche of Wonder Woman in Planetary could do.

I wonder how far should creating weapons from her bracelets be? Should she be able to create armor for herself?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder how far should creating weapons from her bracelets be? Should she be able to create armor for herself?
    If her armor comes from Hephaestus anyway I don't see why not. That's the thing with the bracelet storage in the first place, it expands her world. As a Wonder Woman traditionalist I agree it would be great if we went back to just the lasso, bracelets and tiara but that cats out the bag.

Nothing gave me more pleasure than when she threw her tiara and sliced Superman's throat or decapitated a god, it was her one long range offensive attack but it's been years since that ability has been used. If it has to go the way of the oxygen earrings that allowed her to breath underwater it should be replaced with something else cool. Guns are cool, especially if it were invisible and fired regenerating bullets like the invisible jet did. If she's a master of weapons it should be all of them, not just the archaic ones.

Everything Wonder Woman related should be on the table. Remember when she had the com-link bracelet first? Now if anyone new saw that they'd say she was copying Captain Marvel, you have to use it or lose it, like her power to fly in the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The create any weapons from her bracelets thing is essentially what Warren Ellis's pastiche of Wonder Woman in Planetary could do.
    I thought they just stored the weapons not create them.