Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Commissioner James "Jim" Gordon & the Harvey Bullock Appreciation Thread

NOTE: This is a continuation of the previous "Commissioner James W. Gordon (a.k.a. Jim Gordon) Appreciation Thread" thread and the previous " 'I’m gonna go get a Danish, thats what I deserve.’ Harvey Bullock Appreciation" thread, which can be read here:
    I thought maybe it would be more efficient to combine these two threads, rather than have two different ones.
    From the previous version of Jim Gordon's thread (started by myself in September of 2018),
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy
    If any character deserves an Appreciation Thread in the Batman Forum (other than Batman / Bruce Wayne), it's Jim Gordon.

First appearance: Detective Comics #27 (cover-dated May 1939):

from Who's Who Update '87 Vol. 2 (September 1987)

And from the previous version of Harvey Bullock's thread (started by Denirac in March of 2018),
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac
    Bullock deserves more appreciation... Honestly I really hope we get a Gotham Central: Rebirth book with Jim and Harvey starring and a Rene Montpya PI book
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

From BATMAN #364. Harvey pranks Gordon giving Gordon a heart attack.

heartattack.jpg

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Gordon in the hospital from his heart attack on the cover of Detective Comics #533.

Detective533.jpg

James Gordon is now officially Commissioner Gordon on the Gotham TV show.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I miss Jim with white hair. But I have loved several Jim stories since he got de-aged - Batman Eternal, of course, but also Superheavy. I wish we could get some focus for Jim in Rebirth, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I miss Jim with white hair. But I have loved several Jim stories since he got de-aged - Batman Eternal, of course, but also Superheavy. I wish we could get some focus for Jim in Rebirth, though.
    But, y'know, sometimes it's better when DC practically ignores a character for a while until a writer who really appreciates the character and who has the backing of the editorial-side comes along with a good story for that character.

So it may be a blessing in disguise that some of the current Bat-crew aren't just messing him up.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, y'know, sometimes it's better when DC practically ignores a character for a while until a writer who really appreciates the character and who has the backing of the editorial-side comes along with a good story for that character.

So it may be a blessing in disguise that some of the current Bat-crew aren't just messing him up.
    I mean, I haven't had any complaints about the way Jim's been depicted in the last three years. But I would just like a bit more perspective and stuff on him. Like a "day in the life" type story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    James Gordon is now officially Commissioner Gordon on the Gotham TV show.
    Did he have to shoot somebody to get the job ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did he have to shoot somebody to get the job ?
    Well It Was No Mans Land....

However FINALE PHOTOS CONFIRMED SOMETHING:
    FD76CD03-1718-4CA0-857D-32564608A6C4.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post

Jim's not really Jim without that 'stache!

Some of my favorites stories with James Gordon as a protagonist. Also, I love his role in the storyline No Man's Land

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Some of my favorites stories with James Gordon as a protagonist. Also, I love his role in the storyline No Man's Land

I still enjoy all of Gordon's appearances in both The Batman Adventures (printed edition) & B:TAS (before the animation quality changed in TNBA). However, I do agree with you about Gordon's depiction in Year One. Definitely an all-time classic.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-11-2021 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post

FD76CD03-1718-4CA0-857D-32564608A6C4.jpg
    I guess the mustache makes the man .

BANNED

I love Bullock best. Maybe he should to Bludhaven and become the Police Commissioner there.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I love Bullock best. Maybe he should to Bludhaven and become the Police Commissioner there.
    Reminds me that Nightwing's police contact in Bludhaven was basically a female Bullock .