Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    JK Simmons looking mighty fine as Gordon.

Attachment 118069
    Still looks perfect for the role .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Joker finishes next week can’t wait to read the entire story
    I think there's two more issues - it ends in April. I do think it's coming to a head, though!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, I want him back but I rather the Joker series never be mentioned again.
    That's a bummer - I think the Joker series by Tynion has been extremely high quality, and Jim's part in it really great.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Joker finishes next week can’t wait to read the entire story
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think there's two more issues - it ends in April. I do think it's coming to a head, though!
    The final issue of The Joker is #14, due out at the end of April (though it was originally solicited for April 12th).

What I'd really love to see in the future (but I know DC will never do) is a Jim Gordon series based on his time in Gotham City prior to being Commissioner.

Artwork by somebody like Francesco Francavilla or Chris Samnee would make it even sweeter, but . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The final issue of The Joker is #14, due out at the end of April (though it was originally solicited for April 12th).

What I'd really love to see in the future (but I know DC will never do) is a Jim Gordon series based on his time in Gotham City prior to being Commissioner.

Artwork by somebody like Francesco Francavilla or Chris Samnee would make it even sweeter, but . . .
    Except...the REAL final issue of The Joker is #15, out in June!

THE JOKER #15
    Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Variant cover by DIKE RUAN and BRIAN BOLLAND 1:25 variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    $5.99 US | 40 pages | 15 of 15 | (All covers card stock)
    ON SALE 6/14/22
    The Clown Prince of Crime had one more trick up his sleeve—a thrilling, surprise final issue! How did Gordon escape Texas? What happened to Bane and Vengeance? Did The Joker get the last laugh? Find out!

I would really love to see more Jim Gordon content for sure.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

I've been thinking there's some untapped potential in making one of Batman's forgotten villains a more realistic, topical, and loathsome archenemy for Gordon/Bullock, and who could be repackaged a bit as a more "mundane" seeming threat so he's more a "thriller" villain than a "capes and costumes" villain:

Lock-Up.

Considering the existence of "police gangs" in places like LA, and how you could twist the "blue wall of silence" for a more menacingly believable problem for Gordon, what if Lyle Bolton belonged to one of those police gangs, and his anger was especially pointed at Gordon and Bullock for shutting down some of his "brothers?"

You could even justify Lock-Up's name and masked identity with the idea - "Lock-Up" could be a part of the police gang's name, and because Bolton is acting to enforce the "code of silence" some cops have, he may be trying to create paranoia among his potential victims.

I'd even have the idea be that Bolton's not corrupt in the usual Gotham sense of taking bribes from criminals, but simply in the more hypocritical sense of covering for his friends and peers when they break the law "doing their duty." This could even color his relationship to Bullock, who's occasionally been both a Cowboy Cop that Bolton thinks he's defending, but also occasionally a guy who was dirty for a while, who Bolton might despise in yet more hypocrisy.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I like this idea a lot! Could be a concept for a new GCPD/Gotham Central miniseries/ongoing! Probably have to wait a few more years for it to be viable again, though.

I like this idea a lot! Could be a concept for a new GCPD/Gotham Central miniseries/ongoing! Probably have to wait a few more years for it to be viable again, though.
    Part of me would love to see a new Gotham Central series from DC, but part of me is afraid of how it would turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Part of me would love to see a new Gotham Central series from DC, but part of me is afraid of how it would turn out.
    They don't really have a writer anymore who I'd trust to do a good job on it, sadly.

I'd like to see what a Gotham Central book with Jim as a main character would be like.

(I like how people talk about turning Tim Drake into a private detective when we haven't seen Bullock since he became a PI).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to see what a Gotham Central book with Jim as a main character would be like.

(I like how people talk about turning Tim Drake into a private detective when we haven't seen Bullock since he became a PI).
    The one sad thing about Gotham Central was, much as I do like Akins, he doesn't hold a candle in terms of depth of character to Jim.

Bullock has shown up in The Joker, though. That's not a lot, but it's not "haven't seen".

The one sad thing about Gotham Central was, much as I do like Akins, he doesn't hold a candle in terms of depth of character to Jim.
    Akins was a nice change of pace but there was only so much viability you can get out of someone antagonistic towards Batman (although at least he was more competent and justified than Nakano).
    Bullock has shown up in The Joker, though. That's not a lot, but it's not "haven't seen".
    I read the first trade and saw he was in the flashbacks.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Splash page from BATMAN #71.

Batman71.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Splash page from BATMAN #71.

Batman71.jpg
    Gentleman Jim Gordon .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Akins was a nice change of pace but there was only so much viability you can get out of someone antagonistic towards Batman (although at least he was more competent and justified than Nakano).

I read the first trade and saw he was in the flashbacks.
    I can't remember issue numbers, but he's in the present too in the run.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Splash page from THE BATMAN AND ROBIN ADVENTURES #21.

B&R21.jpg