Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Damn man, that's a bit extreme.
    There's a Tim Drake hater on this forum that puts me to shame. What else did you expect when I say I hate damian?
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You mean Damian Wayne didn't actually take your job?

Fact: if you believe those all 3 of those statements are factual then you know what the term means
    I keep telling myself you made a typo but it sounds like you know I'm right.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    That's an opinion. What you think Robin should be is not a fact it is an opinion.

A fact: a thing that is known or proved to be true

An opinion: a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

What you stated are opinions according to the actual definition of facts and opinions. You have clearly blurred these lines. It okay to hate the character but, your views are not facts.
    Nah, Damian is garbage and he will never be anything more than that. Batman as Robin, what a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Damian is a disgrace to the Robin mantle. That much is true. Thats the reason the character exists, to forever be a disgrace that gets better, only to go back to the starting point in each new storyline.

A one trick pony character, but its a good trick.
    I realized that in order for Damian to work they need to regress him for each story, as soon as I realized that I knew that everyday he exists he will tarnish the Robin because he needs to, in order to work as a character.

As it's limited to their time as Robin:

Dick Grayson
    Damian Wayne
    Tim Drake
    Jason Todd
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    There's a Tim Drake hater on this forum that puts me to shame. What else did you expect when I say I hate damian?

I keep telling myself you made a typo but it sounds like you know I'm right.

Nah, Damian is garbage and he will never be anything more than that. Batman as Robin, what a joke.

I realized that in order for Damian to work they need to regress him for each story, as soon as I realized that I knew that everyday he exists he will tarnish the Robin because he needs to, in order to work as a character.
    Still, lowering yourself to Oasis level is really not a good thing, be the bigger man or take it with some humor, is more healthy. Then again i like all the Robins in different degrees.

Also for those talks about Damian cycle... that's kind of how comics are nowadays, most heroes are sort of stuck in a ciclical rut, so i don't see why we should single him out. Bruce and Dick get hit with that a lot too.
    Last edited by TheCape; 03-12-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also responding to the OP question

First place is a tie between Tim and Jason for me
    Second is a tie between Dick and Damian .

I don't count AU versions or one-shots.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Still, lowering yourself to Oasis level is really not a good thing, be the bigger man or take it with some humor, is more healthy. Then again i like all the Robins in different degrees.

Also for those talks about Damian cycle... that's kind of how comics are nowadays, most heroes are sort of stuck in a ciclical rut, so i don't see why we should single him out. Bruce and Dick get hit with that a lot too.
    I don't know who you are but do not say I'm lowering myself. I don't even know what your ideals are, so I don't want to hear your rubbish.

Comic book writing today is nothing like it was in the past, but so long as the evil that is Dan Didio is in charge it will never get any better. All legacy characters fear the triple D.

Fantastic Member

Also for those talks about Damian cycle... that's kind of how comics are nowadays; most heroes are sort of stuck in a ciclical rut, so i don't see why we should single him out. Bruce and Dick get hit with that a lot too.
    I kinda feel that out of all the bat characters Tim is the one in the most of a rut. Like I really think that he will never go beyond being Robin. To the point, that they put him back in his Robin suit. Also, they they did Young Justice with him again.

I don't know I feel like DC had Tim as Robin for 20 years and now they just don't know what to do with him. I really think DC has been coasting on Tim being Robin for years so the character has become stuck in that role. I really wish they would do something like the Red Robin series from Batman Reborn, to show Tim's character and to give him new stories and plot lines. I am not a Tim Drake fan, but I do feel sorry for his fans that want him to grow.

I know some people don't like change but, if you keep doing the same thing with characters again and again, they grow stale and they die.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 03-12-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    I don't know who you are but do not say I'm lowering myself. I don't even know what your ideals are, so I don't want to hear your rubbish.

Comic book writing today is nothing like it was in the past, but so long as the evil that is Dan Didio is in charge it will never get any better. All legacy characters fear the triple D.
    Calm down, he just told you to take it with humor. The way you are acting is rude. Also, what do his ideals have to do with you having a healthy conversation?

I kinda feel that out of all the bat characters Tim is the one in the most of a rut. Like I really think that he will never go beyond being Robin. To the point, that they put him back in his Robin suit. Also, they put they did Young Justice with him again. I don't know I feel like DC had Tim as Robin for 20 years and now they just don't know what to do with him. I really think DC has been coasting on Tim being Robin for years so the character has become stuck in that role. I really wish they would do something like the Red Robin series from Batman Reborn, to show Tim's character and to give him new stories and plot lines. I am not a Tim Drake fan, but I do feel sorry for his fans that want him to grow.
    When i talk about a rut, i mostly refer to characther arcs that repeat thenselves a lot, like Dick constant desire to be his own man, while being afraid of his growing similarities with Bruce or Batman total inability to trust anyone but himself until inevitably bite him in the ass and he has to learn a lesson that he would forget in the next event. Tim problem is worse than that, he has no direction, they made 2 subpar tries with Lodbell and Tynion that were pretty different takes and then he dissapered for moths, now he is in YJ and nothing of what Bendis has say gives me any hope, so yeah, it suck for us.
    Last edited by TheCape; 03-12-2019 at 06:11 PM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Calm down, he just told you to take it with humor. The way you are acting is rude. Also, what do his ideals have to do with you having a healthy conversation?
    Well, my ideals support healthy conversations and good narured discussion (althougth sometimes, i like to poke the bear a bit ) does that count .

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

When i talk about a rut, i mostly refer to characther arcs that repeat thenselves a lot, like Dick constant desire to be his own man, while being afraid of his growing similarities with Bruce or Batman total inability to trust anyone but himself until inevitably bite him in the ass and he has to learn a lesson that he would forget in the next event. Tim problem is worse than that, he has no direction, they made 2 subpar tries with Lodbell and Tynion that were pretty different takes and then he dissapered for moths, now he is in YJ and nothing of what Bendis has say gives me any hope, so yeah, it suck for us.
    Jason also suffers the same character arc repetition thing I've observed. It's a Wayne and Sons Cycle

Fantastic Member

Makes sense, I think a healthy conversation is best when people are respectful of other peoples opinions. But, then again we are on the internet, so what am I expecting?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Jason also suffers the same character arc repetition thing I've observed. It's a Wayne and Sons Cycle
    I think with some fan-favorite characters that are used often I think character arc repetition is to de expected. I mean right now Teen Titans is doing another cross-over with Deathstroke. I mean so far of what I read of the Deathstroke issue I read its good so far. But, at the same time, I rather go into the next arc of Teen Titans with Crush vs. Lobo. I get the Teen Titans will always be connected to Deathstroke but, I kind of miss the days when he would just try to kill Dick or Green Arrow sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Having Lodbell as his main monthly handler since 2011 might have something to do with that, especially with how much focus he gives to Jason's self-esteem issues and other insecurities. Still his next arc looks interesting.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

I really need to catch up on Red Hood and the Outlaws. Did Lobdell write what happened to Bizarro and Artemis already?

BANNED

I kinda feel that out of all the bat characters Tim is the one in the most of a rut. Like I really think that he will never go beyond being Robin. To the point, that they put him back in his Robin suit. Also, they they did Young Justice with him again.
    Read his solo. The character thrives on evolving and meeting new challenges. There are issues devoted to his tought process when facing obstacles. You really feel you watch him grow from an innocent boy into a great hero.

The problem mainly came with the new 52, where the character got "revamped", meaning its was a whole new character with absolutely no direction or reason to keep around. Then we got Tec, which tried to recapture who Tim was, but because Tim grew for 20 years, you cant write the character without acknowledging all those stories, stories that are impossible in the current continuity. Most fans have said it, he needs a solo, he needs to be restablished and get a history.

I don't know I feel like DC had Tim as Robin for 20 years and now they just don't know what to do with him.
    Well, this is the big problem, they havent pushed the character but havent dropped it either. Young Justice seems to mostly coast on nostalgia and i very much doubt well get actual character development there, or any kind of stablished timeline.

I really think DC has been coasting on Tim being Robin for years so the character has become stuck in that role.
    You mean new52 Red Robin?
    Because DC never coasted on Tim as Robin, if anything he had a hell of a book to the last issue. His solo as Red Robin was also particularly inspired, its a great read.

I really wish they would do something like the Red Robin series from Batman Reborn, to show Tim's character and to give him new stories and plot lines. I am not a Tim Drake fan, but I do feel sorry for his fans that want him to grow.
    His fans want him fixed, growing can come later. Give him back his history. Give him the brick, give him king snake and shiva, give him azrael, give him the redbird, give him ives, give him the skateboard, give him aramilla.

I know some people don't like change but, if you keep doing the same thing with characters again and again, they grow stale and they die.
    Just read his solo dude, youll like it. Theres some solid detective work and very relatable stories. If you ever liked older Batman stories odds are youll love this Robin.