Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thinking about WW when consuming other, non-WW-related things

Ok, so...am I the only person who thinks of Wonder Woman (and the potential WW has) almost every single time you are enjoying something not related to her?

Here's a few examples from my life:

• Me at Walmart buying Spider-Man coloring books for a nephew; I realize there are at least 3 different SM coloring books (plus 2 for Batman and 4 for Superman but I immediately search for a WW one and I see nothing): "Man, if only Diana had a coloring book like this, and it featured her villains, the amazons, Themyscira, her friends from Patriarch's world etc!"
    • Me watching the Cruella trailer: "Wow...I can totally see a movie about the origins of Cheetah being made, starring Priscilla Rich. I could see Priscilla wearing fabulously opulent, sexy clothes (mostly cheetah prints, natch) and to-die-for shoes! That would rock"
    • Me watching Black Widow on Disney Plus: "Damn, the fight between Natasha and the mind-controlled Black Widows from the Red Room program make me think of a cool scene in a potential WW sequel that shows Diana fighting 5 other "dark Dianas" conjured up by Circe"
    • Me watching the trailer for the new Disney/Lin Manuel Miranda animated film Encanto (Enchantment): "Damn! That looks absolutely gorgeous!! The colors are so breathtaking and vivid! Is that set in Colombia? I want a Wonder Woman animated series that shows Themyscira looking as vibrant, magical and memorable as the Madrigal estate in Encanto!"
    • Me walking by the frozen section at the local Whole Foods and seeing a Spider-Man themed brand of strawberry & blueberry frozen fruit popsicles: "Man, if only Wonder Woman had that! What flavors would her frozen pops be? Acerola, passion fruit & blueberry? Who would draw the WW art for the packaging?"
    • Me watching Wandavision: "Holy ****! That Agatha surely reminds me of Circe (and the purple in her dress and magic energy bolts totally remind of the witch). Wow...that final sky battle between Agatha and Wanda is making me wish that Circe is in Wonder Woman 3! I wonder how their final encounter is going to look like? Hmmm...I'd love a live-action HBO MAX series about the amazons. I would love if Circe were involved. Imagine how cool Doom's Dorway would look in live action!!"

Am I obsessed???
    Do you think about Wonder Woman when consuming other forms of entertainment or even when doing things that have nothing to do with pop culture/entertainment??
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 07-11-2021 at 09:10 AM.

I mostly just like to do fan-art that I keep to myself because I’m self conscious.

I look at the fantasy world building of stuff like Game of Thrones, Dark Souls, and the Elric Saga, as well as anime fight scenes and think "yeah, this is what we could have".
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Suppose it's only natural if you spend time around a certain thing you'll be think of more often in other facets of life.

Don't know if it's too close since they're still DC but definitely felt this when Supes and Bats got their millionth new shows announced on the same day. Then they announced that Injustice adaptation to add salt to the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I look at the fantasy world building of stuff like Game of Thrones, Dark Souls, and the Elric Saga, as well as anime fight scenes and think "yeah, this is what we could have".
    Not a gamer but felt the same way when I played some of the GoW games a year or so ago during quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Not a gamer but felt the same way when I played some of the GoW games a year or so ago during quarantine.
    God of War is another good one, I say Dark Souls since I'm playing it and the fantasy knight aesthetic is cooler for me then vikings despite the resurgence in interest. I've always envisioned Diana's "eagle armor" to look more like Orenstein's armor then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    God of War is another good one, I say Dark Souls since I'm playing it and the fantasy knight aesthetic is cooler for me then vikings despite the resurgence in interest. I've always envisioned Diana's "eagle armor" to look more like Orenstein's armor then anything else.
    Haven't actually played the Norse GoW game yet, mainly the ones set in Greece though obviously I'd prefer a less-bloody WW game even if took inspiration.

For me it has to involve something connected to Wonder Woman:

-Legend of Korra. The art style, the soundtrack, the character development, the villains, the strides made in LGBT representation, this is the kind of approach I want for a WW animated show.

-Certain RL people and public figures and how they carry themselves and express themselves gives me WW vibes. Jacinda Arden (her compassion and humor), Golshifteh Farahani and Hayley Atwell (I'm pretty sure when 'What If....?' comes out there will be posters saying this is what they want for a WW show like there were people comparing her to WW when Agent Carter was out. I don't think Hayley Atwell is the right fit for Diana, she's way too British American for the role, but she might make a good Diana Trevor or one of the Furies, either Helena Kosmatos or Lyta Trevor Hall).

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I look at Sailor Moon and think. Girl you are everything WW will never be because of DC. Funny, beautiful, compassionate, brave and super crazy powerful.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I look at other Superhero shows or movies and think, why couldn't Wonder Woman get the money and direction some of these shows have. And I always try to find the Wonder Woman analogs in these various shows.

When I think of the comics, I think of the Crime Syndicate and how powerful Ultra woman is portrayed (is it Ultrawoman?) Or her analog in marvel in Power Princess. They really show her to be powerful and are not afraid to let her kick some ass against the men. I know a while back that she had no problem against the Hulk, for instance.

I get the feeling that I would much rather have our Wonder Woman start all over again but in the Marvel Universe. I think that they would treat her with way more respect than what we get in the DC universe. And her second film would not have been as bad as it was in the hands of the Marvel movie people.

I don't like the idea of Disney getting more IP's under their belt and becoming even more of a Corporate Monopoly, yet, if there is a character who would fare better under the direction of Disney and the Marvel Studios people, it's Wonder Woman*. I believe a truly faithful WW adaptation that stays close to what Marston, Perez, and Rucka can do as well as Captain Marvel.

The only way I would accept it, is if both companies traded IP's. The question is, which Marvel character would you trade for Wonder Woman?

*As well as Nightshade, Starfire and any other Princess or non Princess type character like Zatanna.

The best thing about a hypothetical Marvel-owned WW is that the movie would lead to so much merchandising (well, as long as Ike Perlmutter is not in charge of Marvel Studios). One thing Marvel Studios/Disney does better than any other purveyor of superhero movies is flood the shelves with official merchandising of their IPS. We ould finally see Diana CONSISTENTLY at Dollar Stores, Walmarts, the frozen and candy section of your local grocery stores, on backpacks, school supplies, shampoos, toys (and not just in comic book shops) and pretty much everywhere where they can make a profit with a product that they can sell with a movie character. That would do wonders for Diana's status as a film commodity and overall pop culture icon.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I look at other Superhero shows or movies and think, why couldn't Wonder Woman get the money and direction some of these shows have. And I always try to find the Wonder Woman analogs in these various shows.
    LOL That's me in a nutshell.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 07-13-2021 at 12:35 AM.

People here are talking about Game of thrones and God of War, but the content that I envy are two recents shows called "The Great" (on Hulu) and "Ted Lasso" (on Apple Tv+). Both the main characters have lots in common with Diana and her principles and they show how Diana should be marketed.

There's also an instagram model called Guusje Van Geel that really makes eager to see a trully buff Wonder Woman that can still be splendorous. Sort of like how Otto Schmidt draws her.

Also, Avatar the Last Airbender/ Legend of Korra could be a really good guide for worldbuilding in Wonder Woman as weel as action.

And this might be weird, but I really want the creator of One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 to write a Wonder Woman book inspired by the Golden Age. Diana should be a distinct enthusiasm from society and surrounded by a bizarre satirical world, with characters of endless spirit.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-27-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Incredible Member

I do find myself lamenting Diana's treatment when I'm enjoyed other media. I guess I feel like Diana deserves certain things and she gets done dirty and I'm a petty Wondie fan that always wants better and more for my girl.

That Netflix show, Blood of Zeus, I could not stop thinking that this could better with the Amazons and Diana.
    Or the Switch game, Hades, a similar game could EASILY be made to adapt the Amazons and the WonderVerse.
    When I first watched Aquaman, Atlantis gets all this awesome tech and ethereal and out of this world (CGI) BUT still, I couldn't help wondering why the Amazons had to be relegated to this sword and sandal BS and all the tech and highly advanced civilizations go to the Atlantis and Wakanda. It's not a contest or competition, but it does make me side eye that these wish fulfillment and fictional civilizations can have anything the imagination can think...and we get horses, arrows, and swords.

Yeah, did the contest at the beginning of WW1984 look cool. Yes. I still would rather see kanga's jumping around with mechanical saddles with purple healing rays and weird magical weapon spears or something.

This is a trailer for a new game called Elden Ring and I just look at stuff like this and think of the potential of an open world RPG for Diana and her lore.

Magic, Monsters, Gods, and all sorts of fun stuff.

I've been re-watching Twin Peaks lately, and this scene made me think of Wonder Woman:

I would like to see a character like Albert become a part of her supporting cast. A snarky, cynical, outwardly jerky person who fiercely believes in Amazon principles about love and peace.

Would make for fun comic relief at least.