Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    September 1993

[/IMG]

Oh look, it's the two characters whose treatment I complain the most about on this forum.
    Always loved Wally's face on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I envy any of you kids that got a Bolland cover! And pity those with a Byrne...

Came in right before the end too given Byrne was on a few issues a later!

Which is ridiculous considering they couldn't even be bothered to brand those books "By William Messner-Loebs". So why not include it? :eyeroll:
    Right?! Makes no sense and unless Psycho miraculously gets a collection of appearances that issue is not getting collected anytime soon.

Also, at the time they announced they were collecting the Messner-Loebs run I wondered if it was also to do him a kindness given he's had such hard times, but when they didn't even put his name on it I remembered I was being naïve.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Right?! Makes no sense and unless Psycho miraculously gets a collection of appearances that issue is not getting collected anytime soon.

Also, at the time they announced they were collecting the Messner-Loebs run I wondered if it was also to do him a kindness given he's had such hard times, but when they didn't even put his name on it I remembered I was being naïve.
    I had the exact same thought process. More than likely, DC editorial wasn't even aware of Loebs' situation, and was just checking boxes to wrap up the '87 series collections.

Speaking of, if I'm not mistaken we only have Eric Luke's run (and a few fill-in issues) to finally collect WW vol. 2 in its entirety...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I had the exact same thought process. More than likely, DC editorial wasn't even aware of Loebs' situation, and was just checking boxes to wrap up the '87 series collections.

Speaking of, if I'm not mistaken we only have Eric Luke's run (and a few fill-in issues) to finally collect WW vol. 2 in its entirety...?
    This is a run I'm hoping gets collected too since I think aside from an anniversary collection, nothing from it has ever been collected. And it's only about 20 issues.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-08-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This is a run I'm hoping gets collected too since I think aside from an anniversary collection, nothing from it has ever been collected. And it's only about 20 issues.
    Yeah, I'd love to get the Eric Luke run collected. Maybe if/when Deva shows up in some outside media?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to get the Eric Luke run collected. Maybe if/when Deva shows up in some outside media?
    She's in Young Justice.

(Which Eric Luke is a writer on.)

Edit: My bad, he is not a writer on YJ. Could have sworn he was.

2nd Edit: oohhh, it's because the creator, Greg Weisman, worked with Eric on Gargoyles. That's the connection.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-08-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

The Young Justice version of Devastation really doesn't count. It misses the whole point of the character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The Young Justice version of Devastation really doesn't count. It misses the whole point of the character.
    Oh my gawd, that brolic she-monster?!?! You guys are so right, they called her Devastation.

That......is nothing like the Eric Luke's Deva at aaaaaall. At least YJ Deva is strong but still. Such a downgrade.

The weird thing is that the actual Devastation would make for a great Young Justice villain. They've used Klarion so well, imagine what they could do with the real Deva. Evil girl that can make a whole town turn crazy violent out of envy for her, and can create psychic illusions, and back it all up with power, while continuously changing between a child and a teenager.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-08-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Yes I think so! There might be a bunch of single or two-issue stories here and there that aren't collected too, like the Cavalieri one. I really hoped they'd announce a Luke collection for the 80th anniversary. You'd think the lure of Yanick Paquette on some of the interiors would be a selling point for it, and all those Hughes covers too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Yes I think so! There might be a bunch of single or two-issue stories here and there that aren't collected too, like the Cavalieri one. I really hoped they'd announce a Luke collection for the 80th anniversary. You'd think the lure of Yanick Paquette on some of the interiors would be a selling point for it, and all those Hughes covers too.
    I can see DC including those issues if they ever do a collection of Paquette's work at DC. But who knows?