Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Animated What If

Disney+ is developing an animated Marvel What If series.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...arvel-studios/

This excites me I love what if stories.

I hope it's not just based on the MCU. I'd love to see them really go all out with this premise.

BANNED

Peter and Michelle's daughter Mayday Parker incoming

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I hope it's not just based on the MCU. I'd love to see them really go all out with this premise.
    Well...there are certainly a lot of MCU what-ifs worth exploring.

For instance - what if Tony Stark died saving New York during the Chitauri invasion? The Aldritch Killian-Extremis conspiracy would have continued to wreck havoc. There wouldn't have been an Ultron though so Sokovia wouldn't have happened, which means that the Civil War wouldn't have happened. Its an interesting alternate timeline to explore.

Or...what if T'Chaka brought N'Jdaka back with him to Wakanda? Would Killmonger have grown up as a friend to T'Challa or as a rival to the throne? What would have happened if Killmonger became the Black Panther?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I love both of those ideas! I also would like to see What Ifs for:

Incredible Hulk where General Ross was the test subject instead of Bruce, becoming Hulk instead as Bruce and Betty strive to get him back to normal.

Captain America: The First Avenger where Steve wasn’t frozen and aged slowly to the present, being Director of SHIELD by the time of Captain Marvel.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron where Vision is never activated and Ultron wins, giving us a more comic accurate story where a tiny handful of Avengers oppose him whilst Ultron suddenly has a certain mad Titan to deal with. Double points if Quicksilver is still alive in this reality.

And the most interesting to me... what if the Avengers had been formed in the 80’s? With Hank and Janet Pym, Howard Stark as Iron Man, T’Chaka’s Black Panther and the like.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Well...there are certainly a lot of MCU what-ifs worth exploring.

For instance - what if Tony Stark died saving New York during the Chitauri invasion? The Aldritch Killian-Extremis conspiracy would have continued to wreck havoc. There wouldn't have been an Ultron though so Sokovia wouldn't have happened, which means that the Civil War wouldn't have happened. Its an interesting alternate timeline to explore.

Or...what if T'Chaka brought N'Jdaka back with him to Wakanda? Would Killmonger have grown up as a friend to T'Challa or as a rival to the throne? What would have happened if Killmonger became the Black Panther?
    Yeah limiting it to the MCU isn't nearly as limiting as some people think. Especially since Marvel will have its entire toy chest to play with to do whatever they want.

Part of me actually wonders if the Tony Stark dying one might not be better if it was actually right back in Iron Man, maybe where Yinsen survives instead of Tony and we get to see an entire MCU without the presence of Iron Man to glue it together.

As this is a cartoon on disneys streaming service will this be aimed at kids or teens? If aimed at kids I bet there will be no deaths like the comics. My guess is it will be like the ultimate Spider-Man cartoons spider-verse episodes with a pirate howard the duck, west Spider-Man and female Spider-Man.

If aimed at teens we could get a clone wars type series with deaths but the watcher letting you know every episode that it's not the real ones getting killed.

Wonder who marvel will aim this at?

I presume family friendly but decent enough for the older audiences to enjoy, likely as with all the content.

It does amuse me that they’re looking at Loki getting Moljimr given how close Tom Hiddleston was in getting the role of Thor...

Thank God they getting back in the animation game. You got the adult stuff on Hulu with Oswald and Kevin Smith and now this. Hated Marvel Ultimates movies but loved Planet Hulk and liked Dr Strange and Avengers Next. Give me Wolrd war Hulk now.

Hope Marvel starts turning these out on the regular because DC been holding it down alone for years. Would also love if Hulu did some adult stories like Old Man Logan. Marvel has they're schedule full with MCU movies so I dont see us getting what if and Elseworld movies. So animation is best case scenario for now.

Still.would love marvel and Sony to Colab and let Lord and Miller make an Aninated Marvel universe on the big screen. I mean after far from home Marvel ans Sony have to renegotiate maybe add this into the talks. Though probably would be overall complicated
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-13-2019 at 12:34 AM.

If Marvel was gonna do a sister anthology series to this I would love Marvel Team Up, if only so we can get the Spider-Man and Doctor Strange story we all really wanna see.

If they avoid the MCU and just adapted What if stories what story would you want and what's your favorite?

I think you start from the beginning with what if spiderman joined the Fantastic Four.

But as far as my favroite or one I'd like see adapted I honestly dont know What if Juggernaut ruined everything is fun if you wanna get kinda meta but iono.

I would quite like to see the adaptation of the comic where the Fantastic Four all get different powers, that was one of my favourites. And definitely one where Uncle Ben survives and the impact of that on Peter. Doctor Doom becoming a hero as well would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I would quite like to see the adaptation of the comic where the Fantastic Four all get different powers, that was one of my favourites. And definitely one where Uncle Ben survives and the impact of that on Peter. Doctor Doom becoming a hero as well would be fun.
    Yea, I also like the issue what if Hulk had banners brain. Just seeing how different everything ends up being.

If they include else worlds and not just What Ifs. Old Man Logan and Earth X

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah limiting it to the MCU isn't nearly as limiting as some people think. Especially since Marvel will have its entire toy chest to play with to do whatever they want.
    I'd say it's limiting only in the sense of limiting Marvel's animated output to riffing the MCU has limited Marvel's animated efforts, but this at least has Kevin Feige attached to it.