Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

"What If Peter did feel good?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    After next week F4 and X-Men are gonna be fair game
    The reason isn't rights (they actually could use Venom as well, Sony only have movie rights to Spider-Man, not TV), it's the fact they've yet to appear in the movies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't get what people find wrong with this? A "What If?" series focusing on the events of the MCU sounds like a fantastic idea. I've always said I wanted them to do a House Of M/Secret Wars style film where the MCU actors got to play weird and crazy alternate versions of their characters, and this looks like the next best option. Don't know if they'll go all the way, but I hope they get the actual actors to voice the characters for it.
    What's wrong with this?
    Blah not accurate blah blah blah movie fans aren't important blah blah blah
    And that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The reason isn't rights (they actually could use Venom as well, Sony only have movie rights to Spider-Man, not TV), it's the fact they've yet to appear in the movies.
    So? Making "What IF the X-Men were in the battle of New York" can work fine without a film.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure what would make these stories less real than the others.
    And it makes sense, "what if" only really works when the audience knows the context of the situations and characters, asking "What If Spider-Man didn't unmask during Civil War?" Doesn't work with a wider audience who mostly know a version where Spider-Man never unmasked to begin with.
    Exactly. That's the real fun of "What If?", seeing the butterfly effect of one single change.

Without that premise it isn't a "What If?", it's just an "Elseworld" (which usually just put the characters into a different era, or make the good guys villains or swap the powers/identities around).

It could be fun to see an alternate version of Infinity War/Endgame, where all the erased survived and all the survivors got erased.

I'm not sure what would make these stories less real than the others.
    And it makes sense, "what if" only really works when the audience knows the context of the situations and characters, asking "What If Spider-Man didn't unmask during Civil War?" Doesn't work with a wider audience who mostly know a version where Spider-Man never unmasked to begin with.
    But now they can have What if Spider-Man unmasks during Civil War.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Is Kevin Feige basically spearheading all the Marvel content on Disney+ ?

I kinda hope this isn't MCU-centric if only so they can go even more crazy with it. Heck, forget MCU Spidey, do a "What If" with Spectacular Spidey and bring Josh Keaton and that cast back .

Hopefully the animation is good.

BANNED

Meh.
    I'd rather just let Spectacular lie in its grave.
    If they're gonna bring anything back it better be X-Men Evolution.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I'd be down for a what if Peter Parker was Spider-Man instead of Iron Boy Jr.?
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I'd be down for a what if Peter Parker was Spider-Man instead of Iron Boy Jr.?
    C'mon now that's just crazy talk.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well, if we're centering it on the MCU, I guess it would be interesting to see "What If Peter actually listened to Iron Man in Homecoming?"

I would say my biggest fear, are there really enough tv shows for what if inspired solely by the MCU?

What if Quill had listened to his father and become a planet?

What if Quill hadn't smacked Thanos allowing him to escape?

What if Strange was still battling Dormammu when Thanos came looking for the stone?

What if other people had gotten the Gauntlet? This could probably be 4 episodes easy.

What if the Avengers had failed in New York?

What if Thor had not defeated Malekith?

Now, my pipe dream. Not MCU, but one of my favorite What If, "What if Wolverine were lord of the vampires?"
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

As for suggestions, I'd add "What if Spider-Man Switched Sides During Captain America: Civil War?"

Goodness, this thread's taken a wildly off topic course. Maybe y'all could make a thread debating the whole Spidey and Iron Man MCU thing and not hash it out here? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Goodness, this thread's taken a wildly off topic course. Maybe y'all could make a thread debating the whole Spidey and Iron Man MCU thing and not hash it out here? Please?
    Moving lots of posts.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Man-s-sidekick
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What if the alien costume found Peter Parker? This could be interesting if it ties into events in Civil War or Homecoming.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets