Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel's Animated "What If..." Series: The Potential Spider-Man Stories

According to rumor, Marvel Studios will soon announce an animated "What If..." series for their Disney + streaming service.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...arvel-studios/

What do you wish to see on this show? Spider-Gwen, arguably the most popular alternative Spider characters of the 21st century, is pretty much everywhere so the focus needn't be on her, but what about Peter in the Fantastic Five? Mayday Parker? Flash Thompson as Spider-Man? Kraven actually kills Peter Parker? Doc Ock remains in Peter's body? Gwen lives? OMD is reversed?

It seems like the 'What If' series are still set in the MCU so I think you have to speculate within that context

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It seems like the 'What If' series are still set in the MCU so I think you have to speculate within that context
    Dang. Such a waste.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Dang. Such a waste.
    What a waste is being nice. Not only is Marvel doing MCU in What If (meaning probably no Pete), But a series about Howard The Duck and the Dazzler respectfully. (.my number 2 & 3 most disliked Marvel characters ( Man-Thing being Number One)) will not get me to watch let alone subscribe to Disney +)

Yeah, it's What If the MCU had gone down differently? Not a cartoon exploring all the real what if stories comic book fans would prefer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, it's What If the MCU had gone down differently? Not a cartoon exploring all the real what if stories comic book fans would prefer.
    I'm not sure what would make these stories less real than the others.
    And it makes sense, "what if" only really works when the audience knows the context of the situations and characters, asking "What If Spider-Man didn't unmask during Civil War?" Doesn't work with a wider audience who mostly know a version where Spider-Man never unmasked to begin with.

Dang. Such a waste.
    Yeah, can't do Spider-Gwen because Homecoming didn't use Gwen. They could do Silk though - what if Cindy got bitten instead of Peter?

Anything involving the F4, X-Men, and Venom is out of bounds too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, can't do Spider-Gwen because Homecoming didn't use Gwen. They could do Silk though - what if Cindy got bitten instead of Peter?
    Presumbly if they do Mayday Parker, her mother would have to be Michelle.

Yeah - because she's the MCU's MJ. I don't think they'll be doing Spider-Girl though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Anything involving the F4, X-Men, and Venom is out of bounds too.
    After next week F4 and X-Men are gonna be fair game

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

"What if MCU Spider-Man actually cared enough about Uncle Ben to mention him by name?"

"What if Ned Leeds realized he's actually Ganke?"

"What if Aunt May's role wasn't almost wholly built around jokes about her age and attractiveness?"
    Last edited by David Walton; 03-12-2019 at 12:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    "What if MCU Spider-Man actually cared enough about Uncle Ben to mention him by name?"
    My god people really are intent on whining about this.
    I guess we apparently do need to see Uncle Ben get shot a million more times.

"What if Aunt May's role wasn't almost wholly built around jokes about her age and attractiveness?"
    So basically what the movie already had.
    Since jokes about that in the actual movies can be counted on one hand.
    But I guess if you wanna whine you can whine.
    Last edited by Dicer; 03-12-2019 at 01:26 PM.

I don't get what people find wrong with this? A "What If?" series focusing on the events of the MCU sounds like a fantastic idea. I've always said I wanted them to do a House Of M/Secret Wars style film where the MCU actors got to play weird and crazy alternate versions of their characters, and this looks like the next best option. Don't know if they'll go all the way, but I hope they get the actual actors to voice the characters for it.

Dang. Such a waste.
    You've got that right. *sigh*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post

"What if Ned Leeds realized he's actually Ganke?"

LMAO, you'll killing me here.

Thanks so much for the laughs.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."