Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    If they are tired of cable i would rather see them rest in piece that get him replaced like that by a lesser version of himself.
    Agreed. It’s pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    If they are tired of cable i would rather see him rest in piece that get him replaced like that by a lesser version of himself.
    Yeah I agree.

Ok fill me in.

What happened to OG Cable?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Ok fill me in.

What happened to OG Cable?
    Because fans got sick of alt reality/time line doppelgangers they decided to kill cable with pouches by having a time displace alt reality edg kid cable kill him because old was to soft and not enough edg.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Because fans got sick of alt reality/time line doppelgangers they decided to kill cable with pouches by having a time displace alt reality edg kid cable kill him because old was to soft and not enough edg.
    Eww sounds really bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I hope that's not the actual reason he was killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I hope that's not the actual reason he was killed off.
    The actual reason given was that OG Cable had gone soft and was not policing the timeline as well as he should be by allowing the O5 to stay in the present.

The out of universe reason is that they wanted to tell new stories with Cable without the baggage of OG Cable's connections. Which is dumb, but whatever.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think some people are exaggerating. Most people love the original adult versions and they will come back, I'm sure old Cable will come back.
    This happened already with Teen Jean, the original will come back, they just want to try a different version of the character for a while.

Amazing Member

Given house of x's revelations, xavier should easily be able to resurrect old Cable in a young body and without the tech virus too. No explanation on why he hasn't already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Given house of x's revelations, xavier should easily be able to resurrect old Cable in a young body and without the tech virus too. No explanation on why he hasn't already done so.
    They won't. The issue is that Cable without the T-O Virus is the most powerful telepath and telekinetic on the planet. He has story breaker power.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    They won't. The issue is that Cable without the T-O Virus is the most powerful telepath and telekinetic on the planet. He has story breaker power.
    They could always come up with some other way to limit him like they did with Cable and X-Force and X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    They could always come up with some other way to limit him like they did with Cable and X-Force and X-Force.
    I don't recall the exact context for that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I kind of like the T-O Virus. I like that Cable doesn't rely on his powers and instead is dangerous for his training, experience and skills. Things that are learned and not born with.

BANNED

I could swear there was a period where Cable had the virus fully purged. I just can't remember when.

But yeah, Cable without it is basically Nate Grey. Although even Nate had a run in New Mutants, but they may have nerfed him there, I don't recall.

Anyway, I find Kid Cable interesting. The personality is clearly different, esp as of last week and it gives us a look at the Nathan that could've been. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I kind of like the T-O Virus. I like that Cable doesn't rely on his powers and instead is dangerous for his training, experience and skills. Things that are learned and not born with.
    Exactly. Without the T-O he's just an older angrier Nate Grey.