Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Exactly. Without the T-O he's just an older angrier Nate Grey.
    Nah, he wasn't an older, angrier Nate Grey - he built Providence and tried to end all the ills in the world....and then he sacrificed himself to try & unite the world. Having survived this, he later said that the TO virus is part of his DNA & so can never he fully eradicated. His blood also has something to do with Apoachips' resurrections & I didn't read enough of X-force to understand how Hope manage to eradicate the TO virus.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I could swear there was a period where Cable had the virus fully purged. I just can't remember when.

But yeah, Cable without it is basically Nate Grey. Although even Nate had a run in New Mutants, but they may have nerfed him there, I don't recall.

Anyway, I find Kid Cable interesting. The personality is clearly different, esp as of last week and it gives us a look at the Nathan that could've been. I like it.
    Nate Grey was nerfed when he joined New Mutants. He had Hope training him of all people

I don't recall the exact context for that.
    In Cable and X-Force, a future version of Hope had messed with his powers causing his telepathy to evolve into precog and I believe something about that prevented him from using his TK. In X-Force, he was infected by some serum that would cause him to overload and burn out after a day and thus was kept in stasis while having disposable clones function for him, who would only last a day due to that same limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    Nah, he wasn't an older, angrier Nate Grey - he built Providence and tried to end all the ills in the world....and then he sacrificed himself to try & unite the world. Having survived this, he later said that the TO virus is part of his DNA & so can never he fully eradicated. His blood also has something to do with Apoachips' resurrections & I didn't read enough of X-force to understand how Hope manage to eradicate the TO virus.
    I mean power-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In Cable and X-Force, a future version of Hope had messed with his powers causing his telepathy to evolve into precog and I believe something about that prevented him from using his TK. In X-Force, he was infected by some serum that would cause him to overload and burn out after a day and thus was kept in stasis while having disposable clones function for him, who would only last a day due to that same limitation.
    Ah. I would rather he keep the T-O then have contrived reasons why he can't use his world breaking powers in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think some people are exaggerating. Most people love the original adult versions and they will come back, I'm sure old Cable will come back.
    This happened already with Teen Jean, the original will come back, they just want to try a different version of the character for a while.
    I sure hope you're right and he does come back as the Cable we know.

Ah. I would rather he keep the T-O then have contrived reasons why he can't use his world breaking powers in this issue.
    Yeah he needs the TO virus. It is kind of what makes him what he is.

A soldier with a war ravaging within his own body. Also keeps his powers at bay and makes everything more interesting.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

ArtAdams shared this and it is weird becuase it shows Old Cable in there
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B37OjIIHydv/
    75153174_125302631843162_7545222587051864624_n.jpg

Also would it be posible to change this thread's name to Cable appreciation?
    I feel it is what it has become and don't know if making a new one would get traction

Also would it be posible to change this thread's name to Cable appreciation?
    I feel it is what it has become and don't know if making a new one would get traction
    Nice. Love seeing Cable in there.

Interesting. OG Cable looks so much better than dweeby Kid Cable in the final version.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-23-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah he needs the TO virus. It is kind of what makes him what he is.

A soldier with a war ravaging within his own body. Also keeps his powers at bay and makes everything more interesting.
    As someone with a disability myself, strongly disagree here. Even Cable himself would disagree (see the Messiah War handbook written in-universe by him). If Xavier resurrects Cable, logically it would be without the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    As someone with a disability myself, strongly disagree here. Even Cable himself would disagree (see the Messiah War handbook written in-universe by him). If Xavier resurrects Cable, logically it would be without the virus.
    I'm sorry for whatever you're going through.

I also have a disability. That is what put Cable over the top as my favorite character to be quite honest. He may not have been able to reach his full potential, but never let's it stop him. I feel that way as well.
    Last edited by cable guy; 10-24-2019 at 07:08 AM.