Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue is that things are temporary... until they're not. Emma's heel/face turn was temporary... until it wasn't. Jean's death (the second time) was temporary... until it wasn't. Scott being "evil" was temporary... until it wasn't. Wi-Fi basically means that the OG won't show up for as few as 12 months and as far out as several years. All for a character that shares his name and nothing else.
    Bingo. I just can’t get behind this kid version. Therefore until the real deal comes back, Cable is dead to me.

No big deal. I’ve got other favorites still around. I’ll read about them and ignore WiFi as best I can.

Amazing Member

Hmm, I don't really read anything other than Cable - tho' I have been picking up HOX/POX (rather good actually!) and I have zero interest in Kid Cable - so it is kind of a big deal to me. Having said that, I can survive without comics :-).

BANNED

The issue is that things are temporary... until they're not. Emma's heel/face turn was temporary... until it wasn't. Jean's death (the second time) was temporary... until it wasn't. Scott being "evil" was temporary... until it wasn't.
    I mean - they all were, though? Jean is alive. Scott is not "evil". Emma is not evil either.

And sorry, I'm not mourning the loss of same old Cable for a year or two at least. It's something new. People who just want to watch an old man play at cliches with a big gun will get him back someday.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

And sorry, I'm not mourning the loss of same old Cable for a year or two at least. It's something new. People who just want to watch an old man play at cliches with a big gun will get him back someday.
    All characters have undergone development & Cable has probs undergone more development than most - convoluted background with the Askani, mytholigical mutant Messiah (Askani son), dad to a mutant messiah, x-men leader, mercenary & GI Jesus. So, yeah, all cliches related to big guns, not mentioning the pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Totally agree. I'm also rather partial towards Sam Kieth:
    I don't remember that, but that pic of Cable is pretty damn cool!

The issue is that things are temporary... until they're not. Emma's heel/face turn was temporary... until it wasn't. Jean's death (the second time) was temporary... until it wasn't. Scott being "evil" was temporary... until it wasn't. Wi-Fi basically means that the OG won't show up for as few as 12 months and as far out as several years. All for a character that shares his name and nothing else.
    Yep i'm afraid this one is going to be a while. Cable already died and came back not too long ago. Here he has totally been replaced by his younger self, which I'm sure they are going to run with for a while. I'm sure they have grand plans for him. Wonderful. I'm not interested

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    All characters have undergone development & Cable has probs undergone more development than most - convoluted background with the Askani, mytholigical mutant Messiah (Askani son), dad to a mutant messiah, x-men leader, mercenary & GI Jesus. So, yeah, all cliches related to big guns, not mentioning the pouches.
    I'm not denying he developed. I just don't see why we need another few rounds of Future Rambo right now. Old Cable is pretty well-trod.

I mean - they all were, though? Jean is alive. Scott is not "evil". Emma is not evil either.

Jean was dead for 14 years (as certain posters will CONSTANTLY remind us). Scott was "evil" for 6 years. Emma was evil from 1980 to 1988, then good from 1990 to 2014 then evil but kinda but evil but editorial since.

That was my point. Many large events that affect characters aren't that temporary. They last for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I don't remember that,
    This was the back cover of Marvel Comics Presents #90 (depending on how you look at it, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    but that pic of Cable is pretty damn cool!
    Agreed. My all-time favorite Sam Kieth (Marvel) cover artwork.

Amazing Member

I'm not denying he developed. I just don't see why we need another few rounds of Future Rambo right now. Old Cable is pretty well-trod.
    Huh, would have to say most (if not all), the main x-men characters are pretty well-trod, so I don't understand this comment re Cable, given what he's done - but to each their own.

Astonishing Member

I miss the original Cable. I wish we could have seen Liefeld's vision of Cable. It was disappointing when Cable was revealed to be Nathan Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    Huh, would have to say most (if not all), the main x-men characters are pretty well-trod, so I don't understand this comment re Cable, given what he's done - but to each their own.
    Agreed. What’s left to do with Cyclops or Storm for that matter? Or Wolverine? My God, he’s been trod to death. Seems like a silly argument to make about a character who has been around since 1989 versus many who’ve been around much longer and are far more “well-trod.”

I’ve always thought there was tons of untapped potential in Cable’s past, particularly the time between his first coming back to the modern era and him linking up with the New Mutants. What was he doing? We know he ran into Moira and helped with the formation of the X-men. In light of recent revelations in House of X/Powers of X, that might paint their meeting in a whole new light. And could completely change what we thought we knew about his mission and what he was doing between that time after first coming back and hooking up with the New Mutants.

It’s possible he could be inadvertently responsible for the time accelerating technology that created the Children of the Vault on their ship, who I think to be connected to and an early version of the Weapon Plus Super Sentinels like Fantomex, Huntsman, and Ultimaton who were created in the World facility (next generation of that prototype technology on the CotV’s ship). My fan theory is that he lost one of his bodyslide devices, capable of both teleportation and temporal jumps, on a black ops mission somewhere in Central America. It was discovered, sold on the black market and got into the wrong hands. From there came the CotV and, eventually, The World.

Stuff like that could be cool to explore. And in the present day, I’d go back to what worked in the 90s and especially in the Churchill and Ladronn runs. Cable interacting with the broader Marvel Universe, from his fellow X-men to the Avengers and the Hulk and Black Panther in Wakanda. Stuff like that. The new “time cop” angle they tried in his last solo sucked, mainly because it took him out of the present day Marvel U and removed him from everything. He’s better when he’s a vital part of it IMO. Much like Logan.

Cable doesnt need to be alive or around to go into that past stuff. What you mention seems in line with what Liefield did with Major X

I really don't see the difference. He seems to have the same memories as his adult self. Proably just a way to have Cyclops and Jean have some bonding time with a teen rather than an adult. But the character itself i don't see where the line is between young cable and old cable. In X-force he seemed to just be Cable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm surprised they didn't let Bunn write Extermination since I was always under the impression that Teen Cable was somehow from the future where Teen Iceman died in the present. That would've explained why his outlook was different from OG Cable.
    "Cable was right!"