Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My personal favorite is the JRJR version from Blood and Metal.
    You, sir, have impeccable taste! That was a great series. Gritty art, and made Cable really interesting with all his future tech and safehouses, his secrets agenda and willingness to sacrifice anything and anyone for the mission... good stuff.

Being that Cable is my favorite comic book character period, yeah I want him back asap.

I mean, look at that Cable...

6280D934-DC05-443D-91D1-50D7F2A4390A.jpg

Larger version: https://i.redd.it/k90ac5rqdxg31.jpg

We need him back ASAP. Bad MFer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You, sir, have impeccable taste! That was a great series. Gritty art, and made Cable really interesting with all his future tech and safehouses, his secrets agenda and willingness to sacrifice anything and anyone for the mission... good stuff.
    Thanks ever so much, Jackraow21. I'm aware the majority looks down upon it, but it's nice to know there are some who recognize the few favorable occurrences that came about during the 90's.

Amazing Member

Hmmm, don't like Leifield & didn't particularly enjoy B&M. Favourite Cable(s) - Loeb / Churchill & Niceza / Zircher :-). I also liked Tichman / Kordey - tho' that really is a (small, small, small) minority opinion.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    Hmmm, don't like Leifield & didn't particularly enjoy B&M. Favourite Cable(s) - Loeb / Churchill & Niceza / Zircher :-). I also liked Tichman / Kordey - tho' that really is a (small, small, small) minority opinion.
    Kid Cable is the only Cable I haven't liked. Soldier x is probably my least favorite after, but then I liked it. Churchill's Cable is really how I still picture him. The run from Loeb/Churchill, Casey/Landronn, and then Weinberg/Ryan was fantastic, then we had the great story in Cable and Deadpool with Niceiza. Miss those days.
    Last edited by markdienekes; 08-18-2019 at 09:42 AM.

So Im guessing this is the Cable Appreciation thread? There doesnt seem to be one for 2019

This was a sweet panel of father and daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So Im guessing this is the Cable Appreciation thread? There doesnt seem to be one for 2019

It is a miracle that Cable was allowed to be a good dad on a company like Marvel.
    He is a treasure.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There should be one but this one is anti kid Cable and one Cable thread should count him too.

But given that this is the closest thing we will probably have then...
    Cool pictures of Cable!
    tumblr_inline_ptmlltVrwu1ts8l87_400.jpg
    tumblr_np8urfjOet1qi0sr1o1_1280.jpg
    cute1.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-18-2019 at 04:34 PM.

He is the best dad and also best son and brother too.
    tumblr_mvne4l01nx1qjdaaso1_500.jpg
    D1mJtcMU4AA1DQ4.jpg
    _______utf.jpg

I really liked Josh Brolin as Cable. I hope he can continue on the role for at least other movie.
    4e9ae72bbe4b87f01c2a09ceccd5a458.jpg
    deadpool-2-cable.jpg
    photo-2-15268347726531286479669.jpg

Since this will be Cable's appreciation thread, I'll go ahead and add a few images:

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Kid Cable is the only Cable I haven't liked. Soldier x is probably my least favorite after, but then I liked it. Churchill's Cable is really how I still picture him. The run from Loeb/Churchill, Casey/Landronn, and then Weinberg/Ryan was fantastic, then we had the great story in Cable and Deadpool with Niceiza. Miss those days.
    Agreed. Both Churchill's Cable & Ladronn's Cable are favorites of mine as well:

Loved Churchill’s Cable. That was an awesome run which really cemented him as a core X-men character IMO. As for the Casey/Ladronn run, well, like the Tischman/Kordey run, I didn’t appreciate it at the time. The art was too non-mainstream for me so I kind of dismissed it back then. But going back and reading those runs I definitely appreciate them more now.

Amazing Member

Yep, still not a fan of Casey/Ladronn run - disliked the art as much as Leifield's 'art'. Not a huge fan of DP2 Cable - felt JB was too short ( I know, I should get over this :-P ) but I really did not like the overall portrayal of Cable - willing to murder a child & being less moral than DP - not the Cable I know.

Cable was pretty ruthless back in the day. He shot Black Tom in the face while he was clinging to an elevator shaft and giving himself up, shot Sauron in the back, and he was willing to sacrifice his teammates for the mission always. In Blood and Metal, that’s how Hammer ends up paralyzed if I’m not mistaken and he blames Cable for it when he shows back up in later issues of X-Force.

So when he first burst on the scene, that’s how he was. I think the portrayal in DP2 was very in line with that. It wasn’t until the 90s as he spent more time amongst the X-men, and with his parents, that he started to soften. And, as the film goes on, we see Brolin’s Cable even starting to soften, eventually leading to him sacrificing his trip back home to instead use his last jump to save Wade.

My guess is that the X-Force film which was under development at FOX would’ve continued the character’s evolution. Too bad that film is unlikely to happen now. Maybe Disney will let it go forward. Fingers crossed.