Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Kid Cable wont be permanent and he opens up the possibility for new stories. There's potential here if Marvel actually utilizes it

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    It makes it easier for writers. You don't have to write good tactics, strategy or plans when you can just say 'he's young and inexperienced'.
    except thats not how he's written. He's written as young an experienced with the good strategy and planning that the original had. He was far more effective in Extermination than any of the current X-men

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Old Cable is a mess, how can he be older than his father?

Kid Cable is more realistic, he actually should be younger than a teenager but this is still more acceptable than being old.
    Sure, only if you ignore everything about what makes Cable, Cable

Everyone knows why Cable is old.

It's dumb, but we know.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Everyone knows why Cable is old.

It's dumb, but we know.
    Its not dumb. It makes perfect sense and works for the character, his concept and the stories he's placed in

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's only dumb if you apply real-world logic to it but you can say that about everything in X-Men and comics as a whole.

For example: why does Rogue still like that fake frenchie with the trench coat fetish? That's dumb.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not dumb. It makes perfect sense and works for the character, his concept and the stories he's placed in
    The concept of Cable
    is dumb
    and has nothing to do with the concept of X-Men

Cable's cool, though

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

How does the concept of Cable not have anything to do with X-Men? His traditional story beats both precede him and get steeped in the lore going forward.

Lengthy and convoluted, sure. But most Cable runs are good enough that you don't have to know all that much, like the most recent series.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The concept of Cable
    is dumb
    and has nothing to do with the concept of X-Men

Cable's cool, though
    The most distilled basic premise behind him is coming back to the past to prevent a dark future. Thats been one core concept of the X-men going back to the iconic DoFP story nearly 4 decades ago. The stuff they do is to prevent times from getting bleak for mutantkind, and its something that Cable embodies

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    I have also got a soft spot for Loeb and Churchill, Weinberg's run, lots of Fabian stuff, especially in Cable and Deadpool, and Duane Swierczynski.
    My personal favorite is the JRJR version from Blood and Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The most distilled basic premise behind him is coming back to the past to prevent a dark future. Thats been one core concept of the X-men going back to the iconic DoFP story nearly 4 decades ago. The stuff they do is to prevent times from getting bleak for mutantkind, and its something that Cable embodies
    The basic premise of the character is entirely about time travel in a franchise with a basic premise that has nothing to do with time travel until the release of a two-issue story that other people took as the go-ahead to start regurgitating the same idea with the same theme.

The basic premise of the character is entirely about time travel in a franchise with a basic premise that has nothing to do with time travel until the release of a two-issue story that other people took as the go-ahead to start regurgitating the same idea with the same theme.
    There were only about 140ish issues back then. Its been close to 40 years and thousands of issues later. Things evolve. This franchise has evolved and time travel has been a recurring staple since then. Even ignoring the time travel aspect (which isnt something thats always core to Cable), he is trying to make the present day better to prevent things from being horrible for mutantkind in the future. THAT is a core element of the X-men that is their basic premise. So many of their stories rely on that and its what Cable is about. The difference is that he comes from the future so he has first hadn experience with the bad outcomes.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Anytime someone says it goes against the basic premise I just shake my head. The X-Men are not ALL about fear and discrimination. They deal with super science, aliens, magic, non mutant threats, ect. To say time travel is not a part of the X-Men lore is just flat out wrong. Days of Future past, Rachel Summers, Bishop, Cable, Nate Grey, and all the other time travel stuff over the years proves that.

Cable's whole deal is he is the mutant son of Scott Summers and Maddy Pryor who was sent into the far future to save his life after he was infected with the TO by Apocalypse. Nat grows up int his far future fighting to save his world. He latter time travels back to the present day to try and stop Apocalypse before he can rise to power. That is not hard to understand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Casey/Ladronn Cable, please come back.
    Oh those were the days!

Astonishing Member

I miss the Liefeld version of Cable.

Amazing Member

Still not back then

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    I am really hoping he will be back, anyone else in the same boat? Bring back the original old Cable!
    Yes, yes, yes... 1000x yes. Kid Cable is super lame. We already have X-man. Cable as a kid just doesn’t work for me. At all.

Did you see that gorgeous 90s X-men Molina cover!? OG Cable has never looked better. We need that guy back.