Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Disney lacks the Big D*ck Energy to pull off a X-Force movie.
    "Cable was right!"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What is the edgiest thing Disney has ever done?
    I honestly can't remember anything

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What is the edgiest thing Disney has ever done?
    I honestly can't remember anything
    Kingdom Hearts.
    "Cable was right!"

Ha. That’s a pretty good way of putting it. Having said that, it’s possible they keep an R-rated imprint in FOX, possibly calling it something else. Like Miramax once upon a time when they owned that and did films like Pulp Fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Kid Cable is the only Cable I haven't liked. Soldier x is probably my least favorite after, but then I liked it. Churchill's Cable is really how I still picture him. The run from Loeb/Churchill, Casey/Landronn, and then Weinberg/Ryan was fantastic, then we had the great story in Cable and Deadpool with Niceiza. Miss those days.
    I'm with you on everything. I miss those days as well.

They can do an X-Force movie but it wont be the modern day version that many people would expect. The one we are getting in Dawn of X could probably serve as a template for what Disney would od

Spectacular Member

Young Cable is a kick in the balls for long time Cable fans and even Nate Grey fans (Yes there are some). With him, young makes Nate grey's concept not needed and it just doesn't feel the same for us old Cable fans. I will go even further Fallen Angles seems to be the inferior version of characters that people like. I willing to bet if that book was with the real Psylocke, Wolverine and old Cable it would be a success while I doubt that book makes to 12.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable was pretty ruthless back in the day. He shot Black Tom in the face while he was clinging to an elevator shaft and giving himself up, shot Sauron in the back, and he was willing to sacrifice his teammates for the mission always. In Blood and Metal, that’s how Hammer ends up paralyzed if I’m not mistaken and he blames Cable for it when he shows back up in later issues of X-Force.

So when he first burst on the scene, that’s how he was. I think the portrayal in DP2 was very in line with that. It wasn’t until the 90s as he spent more time amongst the X-men, and with his parents, that he started to soften. And, as the film goes on, we see Brolin’s Cable even starting to soften, eventually leading to him sacrificing his trip back home to instead use his last jump to save Wade.
    To me Cable was at his best when he was the outsider. It was when they kept trying to make him and X-Man is when his character started to slide. Cable was always meant to be the older man who grew up seeing everything go wrong and came back in time ready and willing to do whatever he had to make things right. He was the middle ground between Magneto and Xavier in he tried to do the right thing, but if push came to shove he was not afraid to get his hands dirty. The more they tried to force him into the X-Men mold the more he just became and older version of Cyclops with all his rough edges smoothed over until he was just like any other member of the team.

Young Cable is just a bastardazation of everything though in it misses the whole point of Cable. A key part of his character is he IS older than all the X-Men and he has had years of living and fighting. He is closer in age to Xavier than the rest of the 20-30 year old X-Men.

Well said. I tend to agree. 100%.

I think the reason I enjoyed Old Man Logan so much, and especially the recent Lemiere/Sorrentino series, is because he basically took Cable’s whole schtick in that regard. Which is okay I suppose, since Nathan has been softened so much that he’s no longer using it.

OML came across as too much of a curmudgeon and I dont think its a role that fit him. He had me begging for Logan to get back

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    Young Cable is a kick in the balls for long time Cable fans and even Nate Grey fans (Yes there are some). With him, young makes Nate grey's concept not needed and it just doesn't feel the same for us old Cable fans. I will go even further Fallen Angles seems to be the inferior version of characters that people like. I willing to bet if that book was with the real Psylocke, Wolverine and old Cable it would be a success while I doubt that book makes to 12.
    I'll agree with Kwannon and Wi-Fi, but X-23 is extremely popular. She doesn't have Wolverine Publicity, but no character short of Batman does.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    OML came across as too much of a curmudgeon and I dont think its a role that fit him. He had me begging for Logan to get back
    OML bugged me because it severely lessened any impact Wolverine's death had, and completely stole the spotlight from other characters. If there was more of a difference between OML and Logan besides "is old with white hair", it might have gone better.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Kid Cable will be the first version we see in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Kid Cable will be the first version we see in the MCU.
    Ugh. That doesn’t bode well for MCU X-men if so. Hopefully they don’t make them all twinks. With Bryan Singer gone now, there’s less chance of that thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ugh. That doesn’t bode well for MCU X-men if so. Hopefully they don’t make them all twinks. With Bryan Singer gone now, there’s less chance of that thankfully.
    In this context what is a twink?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.