Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I honestly didn't think that Cable would be a character that I would miss. And here we are. I find myself longing to see the grizzly Summers back in action.

I thought that Kid Cable/WiFi conceptually was stupid when he first debuted, especially when he came into existence during a storyline where they were supposed to be culling all the unnecessary alternate and duplicate characters. And I was right. He's been nothing but a nuisance since his introduction. He has none of the history with the X-Men that our Cable had, and therefore none of the interesting character dynamics.

I rather had that Kid Cable was another son of Cable, so that they can co-exist. I like the new one!

But since he's not, I rather have the old dude.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    In this context what is a twink?
    A girly boy.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kingdom Hearts.
    Wasn't that Squeenix's writers & crew? All Disney did was give worlds to explore-- worlds that aren't all that original, anyways, since they're all re-imagined versions of older stories.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Old Cable is a mess, how can he be older than his father?

Kid Cable is more realistic, he actually should be younger than a teenager but this is still more acceptable than being old.
    To me, that was part of the appeal. Cable literally has more experience than Cyke, combat especially. The only X-Force member you could trust to lead the field team is Wolverine.

Wifi comes off as a cheap knockoff, in contrast.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Cable was a knockoff of a million other pop culture archetypes to begin with, lol. Liefeld's wet dreams were never built on some font of originality. What Cable developed into in other hands is what made him a half-decent character later on.

I have no problem with Kid Cable if it allows Scott a new way to connect to his son. It's also a different take on the Nathan character. But I hold no illusions that it's forever.

All we need is wifi to start smoking cigars....then old man cable comes back after he quits
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

It’s it wrong that I want a 12 year old Cable, but with the mind, memory, and personality of old Cable.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s it wrong that I want a 12 year old Cable, but with the mind, memory, and personality of old Cable.
    If i remember correctly Brisson wanted kid Cable to be even younger!
    that would have been fun

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Since this will be Cable's appreciation thread, I'll go ahead and add a few images:

Agreed. Both Churchill's Cable & Ladronn's Cable are favorites of mine as well:

Churchill gets a slight nod over Ladronn in my book.

Loved them both

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Basically, you want Five from the Umbrella Academy?

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Churchill gets a slight nod over Ladronn in my book.

Loved them both
    Totally agree. I'm also rather partial towards Sam Kieth:

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Cable was a knockoff of a million other pop culture archetypes to begin with, lol. Liefeld's wet dreams were never built on some font of originality. What Cable developed into in other hands is what made him a half-decent character later on.

I have no problem with Kid Cable if it allows Scott a new way to connect to his son. It's also a different take on the Nathan character. But I hold no illusions that it's forever.
    It's sort of ridiculous, really. Cable fans are acting like Kid Cable is the end of Cable as they know it, and they'll never get the original back. But it seems they missed the memo, this is comics where nothing is ever permanent. The fundamental concept behind Kid Cable, and other time/alternate universe displaced characters, is that they have to go back to their rightful place for order to be maintained. Kid Cable is but a little phase in Cable's history, That Jean, Scott and the rest of the O5 went through. Unlike others I can actually enjoy Kid Cable, for the reason you mentioned, he'll get to interact with his family, especially Scott and Jean, in a different way, not as an adult, older than his parents with plenty life experience himself, but a boy, who's transitioning into a man. It's intriguing for me, at least. And allows Scott and Jean to have more time as parents with Nathan after they left him when he was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It's sort of ridiculous, really. Cable fans are acting like Kid Cable is the end of Cable as they know it, and they'll never get the original back. But it seems they missed the memo, this is comics where nothing is ever permanent. The fundamental concept behind Kid Cable, and other time/alternate universe displaced characters, is that they have to go back to their rightful place for order to be maintained. Kid Cable is but a little phase in Cable's history, That Jean, Scott and the rest of the O5 went through. Unlike others I can actually enjoy Kid Cable, for the reason you mentioned, he'll get to interact with his family, especially Scott and Jean, in a different way, not as an adult, older than his parents with plenty life experience himself, but a boy, who's transitioning into a man. It's intriguing for me, at least. And allows Scott and Jean to have more time as parents with Nathan after they left him when he was 12.
    Agreed! He doesnt have the same history with old Cable but so what? We can get brand new interactions that werent possible before. I love the idea of seeing Scott and Jean interact with him as a kid bc all we have is the 4 issues of their mini 25 years ago (not counting any flashback stuff). He's slightly older now so it'll be a different dynamic. I don know if they will do it but I really want to see him with Hope bc that would also be interesting as you cant do the same stuff with them if he was older.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I agree
    I love old Cable, more than kid Cable but i think there is something that could be done with kid Cable for a while, Old Cable will come back eventually, that's 100% sure

The issue is that things are temporary... until they're not. Emma's heel/face turn was temporary... until it wasn't. Jean's death (the second time) was temporary... until it wasn't. Scott being "evil" was temporary... until it wasn't. Wi-Fi basically means that the OG won't show up for as few as 12 months and as far out as several years. All for a character that shares his name and nothing else.