Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't let Bunn write Extermination since I was always under the impression that Teen Cable was somehow from the future where Teen Iceman died in the present. That would've explained why his outlook was different from OG Cable.
    still cannot get over brisson describing it as being in the room with panic or somesuch being like "what do we do with these kidz?!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I really don't see the difference. He seems to have the same memories as his adult self. Proably just a way to have Cyclops and Jean have some bonding time with a teen rather than an adult. But the character itself i don't see where the line is between young cable and old cable. In X-force he seemed to just be Cable.
    Wait how did he get cables memories...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Wait how did he get cables memories...
    Allegedly, he has most of Nathan's memories up to after Askani'Son. He also has access to OG Cable's files.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm surprised they didn't let Bunn write Extermination since I was always under the impression that Teen Cable was somehow from the future where Teen Iceman died in the present. That would've explained why his outlook was different from OG Cable.
    I never thought much of it but you bring up a good point. He's not from that timeline so why would he feel he neded to fix it? There are an infinite number of timelines and he just happened to go to one where teen Iceman died. What made that future timeline any different from DOFP? BoTA? Bishop's timeline, etc....?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I never thought much of it but you bring up a good point. He's not from that timeline so why would he feel he neded to fix it? There are an infinite number of timelines and he just happened to go to one where teen Iceman died. What made that future timeline any different from DOFP? BoTA? Bishop's timeline, etc....?
    Because that's were "our" timeline was going if the O5 didn't go back home. At least I think it was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Because that's were "our" timeline was going if the O5 didn't go back home. At least I think it was like that.
    The same can be said about almost any bad future timeline. Why not go back to the trigger point for DoFP or any of the other futures I mentioned? Why is he staying here instead of going around fixing those? Its contrived

And he doesnt know that anything was fixed. He brought adult Cyclops back from the dead before he sent the kids back and Scott's presence could have changed things for all we know. Theres also the way timelines work in the MU and he may have simply just created a new timeline; not fixxed anything

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Brisson's X-Force explains that Blaquesmith informs Teen Cable about Bunn's Teen Iceman dies timeline and gives him Old Cable's data to go fix it.

"
    Blaquesmith returned to an early point in his past when Cable was much younger in order to recruit him due to the crumble of time itself. He took Nathan to a safehouse that was built by the older Cable to show him a visual of the X-Men who traveled to the present but did not return back to their own world which resulted in the death of Iceman and created the time divergent reality were all mutants were killed by the Sentinels.

Blaquesmith incorporated a temporal device in Nathan's techno-organic arm known as Graymalkin which would allow him to travel to the past and correct the timeline that his older self was to foolish to handle himself.[13]"
    "Cable was right!"

Brisson's X-Force explains that Blaquesmith informs Teen Cable about Bunn's Teen Iceman dies timeline and gives him Old Cable's data to go fix it.

"
    Blaquesmith returned to an early point in his past when Cable was much younger in order to recruit him due to the crumble of time itself. He took Nathan to a safehouse that was built by the older Cable to show him a visual of the X-Men who traveled to the present but did not return back to their own world which resulted in the death of Iceman and created the time divergent reality were all mutants were killed by the Sentinels.

Blaquesmith incorporated a temporal device in Nathan's techno-organic arm known as Graymalkin which would allow him to travel to the past and correct the timeline that his older self was to foolish to handle himself.[13]"
    but that works if he simply came back, returned them and left but he affected the timeline before any of that happened and he's stayed since. It will never make any sense to me

I gotta say, I didn't have strong feelings on young Cable until people started calling him Wi-Fi, which has increased my affection for the character greatly. I want them to make that name canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. What’s left to do with Cyclops or Storm for that matter? Or Wolverine? My God, he’s been trod to death. Seems like a silly argument to make about a character who has been around since 1989 versus many who’ve been around much longer and are far more “well-trod.”

I’ve always thought there was tons of untapped potential in Cable’s past, particularly the time between his first coming back to the modern era and him linking up with the New Mutants. What was he doing? We know he ran into Moira and helped with the formation of the X-men. In light of recent revelations in House of X/Powers of X, that might paint their meeting in a whole new light. And could completely change what we thought we knew about his mission and what he was doing between that time after first coming back and hooking up with the New Mutants.

It’s possible he could be inadvertently responsible for the time accelerating technology that created the Children of the Vault on their ship, who I think to be connected to and an early version of the Weapon Plus Super Sentinels like Fantomex, Huntsman, and Ultimaton who were created in the World facility (next generation of that prototype technology on the CotV’s ship). My fan theory is that he lost one of his bodyslide devices, capable of both teleportation and temporal jumps, on a black ops mission somewhere in Central America. It was discovered, sold on the black market and got into the wrong hands. From there came the CotV and, eventually, The World.

Stuff like that could be cool to explore. And in the present day, I’d go back to what worked in the 90s and especially in the Churchill and Ladronn runs. Cable interacting with the broader Marvel Universe, from his fellow X-men to the Avengers and the Hulk and Black Panther in Wakanda. Stuff like that. The new “time cop” angle they tried in his last solo sucked, mainly because it took him out of the present day Marvel U and removed him from everything. He’s better when he’s a vital part of it IMO. Much like Logan.
    I forget the name of the one shot, but I love the issue where Cable and Wolverine first met. I would love to see a continuation of that alone.

Edit: Guts and Glory back in 99
    Last edited by cable guy; 08-22-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I forget the name of the one shot, but I love the issue where Cable and Wolverine first met. I would love to see a continuation of that alone.

Edit: Guts and Glory back in 99
    If they could bring back Stephen Platt, then I'd be totally on board for this.

Larraz's Cable is so beautiful!!!
    I loved Uncanny Avengers
    D6NKckQV4AE_961.jpg
    D6NKckQU0AAvWyb.jpg
    D6NKckPUcAEVw5s.jpg
    (the first pic is from Extermination I know)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-26-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Larraz's Cable is so beautiful!!!
    I loved Uncanny Avengers
    D6NKckQV4AE_961.jpg
    D6NKckQU0AAvWyb.jpg
    D6NKckPUcAEVw5s.jpg
    (the first pic is from Extermination I know)
    Uncanny Avengers was really cool.

Old Cable appears a few times in Marvel Comics #1000, and it was just so nice seeing him again. T^T
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-08-2019 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.