Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This is gonna be awesome! Please get Meryl Streep, SonyGod!
    this guy gets it
    troo fan or death

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I strongly disagree with this statement. The hero's journey of Ben Reilly in the 1990s from drifter looking for his place in the world, through a reluctant hero, to replacement Spidey who sacrificed himself to save the original was very well done, compelling and tragically moving.
    Thought experiment, can you remember a good Ben Reilly story that doesn’t feature Kaine? Kaine role in spider-island, grim hunt, and his own series prove that he doesn’t need Ben, can the same be said of Ben?

Honestly I rather the whole Sonyverse have less Spider-people than more. But i dont know how good their bench is and beggars can't be choosers.

As for villains and supporting cast, you can use their existing cast, make new ones or do what this guy did-

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-27-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Amazing Member

I get Black Cat and Venom.

But seriously, who in the **** cares for a solo Morbius movie? Even less so for a Madame Web movie?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCampy89 View Post

But seriously, who in the **** cares for a solo Morbius movie? Even less so for a Madame Web movie?
    Who cared about Guardians of the Galaxy before their movies? Just saying.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCampy89 View Post

Nobody would've cared about a Blade movie too.

Also keeping Civil War in mind, I'd bet not many would care about an Iron Man movie either.

A well written story that looks cool matters more than brand recognition, so a Morbius and Madame Web movie can work, it might not, and from what I hear the people involved in those movies haven't done much good ****, but who knows? A miracle might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    “because you demanded it, true believers” is obviously not sony’s approach to greenlighting
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Thought experiment, can you remember a good Ben Reilly story that doesn’t feature Kaine? Kaine role in spider-island, grim hunt, and his own series prove that he doesn’t need Ben, can the same be said of Ben?
    Spider-Carnage
    The Sentinel fight with Peter
    Amazing 400

Kaine's role in the series you listed doesn't really prove anything beyond your enjoyment of them.

Regardless, I find Ben and Kaine to be compelling characters, and I think both are stronger when they play off of each other. It's obviously easy to hate on Ben's latest series, but I think Kaine's series suffered from not having Ben as a foil for Kaine (and vice versa).

Plus, as was already stated, Ben's journey during the Clone Saga was incredibly powerful in a way that no story focused solely on Kaine has ever been.

-Pav, who also liked Ben in Marvel vs DC...
    Last edited by Pav; 09-27-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Spider-Carnage
    The Sentinel fight with Peter
    Amazing 400

Kaine's role in the series you listed doesn't really prove anything beyond your enjoyment of them.

Regardless, I find Ben and Kaine to be compelling characters, and I think both are stronger when they play off of each other. It's obviously easy to hate on Ben's latest series, but I think Kaine's series suffered from not having Ben as a foil for Kaine (and vice versa).

Plus, as was already stated, Ben's journey during the Clone Saga was incredibly powerful in a way that no story focused solely on Kaine has ever been.

-Pav, who also liked Ben in Marvel vs DC...
    it's always stuck out to me that dematteis used kaine in both "lost years" and "redemption" and while i get it (thats how sequels work), i kinda wish he hadn't. i personally think tying the two too tightly together is a mistake. also, try saying that last part out loud.

and original kaine worked as a foil for ben in ways that current kaine can't.

it's kinda an unfair thought experiment though- the lion's share of reilly stories happened during the clone saga 90s which both characters featured heavily in. there haven't been many attempts to tell a ben without kaine story at all, quality notwithstanding.

funnily enough, i wasn't originally sold on ultra confident "good parker luck" earth-94 ben reilly from spider-verse but that take has really, really grown on me since.
    Last edited by boots; 09-27-2019 at 10:16 PM. Reason: you’re not my mum
    troo fan or death

I have to admit, I'd watch a Morbius film if the talent involved was good.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member

And this is exactly why Star Trek should start making solo movies on each of the popular characters. If Sony can make Morbius, why can't there be a solo Spock? Kirk? Bones McCoy? Sulu?

Why waste an ensemble cast when each character can support their own movie? Follow the path of Sony.

Amazing Member

That's different, though.
    Guardians of the galaxy had the MCU brand recognition.

Sony does not have any kind of brand recognition.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Nobody would've cared about a Blade movie too.

Also keeping Civil War in mind, I'd bet not many would care about an Iron Man movie either.

A well written story that looks cool matters more than brand recognition, so a Morbius and Madame Web movie can work, it might not, and from what I hear the people involved in those movies haven't done much good ****, but who knows? A miracle might happen.
    Another unfair comparison.
    Blade was the first (or one of the first) M-rated high-budgeted superhero movie (although the word superhero is ambiguous in this case), so there was curiosity.
    Unexpected success and word of mouth and, more importantly, good quality in both production and acting did the rest.

Iron man was never an A-lister like Spider-Man, but was popular enough to have his long running series, videogames, a cartoon show (which was popular, although not as much as the Spidey and X-Men ones). So the notion that an Iron man movie was supposed to be deemed to fail is one of those internet lies that became truth once they are spread and repeated thousands of times.

But Morbius?
    He never had a "craze" like Venom had in the 90s.
    Personally I don't find him a very compelling villain worth of a solo movie. I can see him work in an ensemble movie (Sons of Midnight, interacting with Ghost Rider, Blade, Doctor Strange, etc), but not in a solo, especially if there is no Spider-Man in it.

Madame Web is the typical example of "damsel in distress", the few memorable stories she had, she was to be saved by Spider-Man. She is a decent support character, but not a compelling protagonist.

Could these movies be successful? Yes, they could.
    Will they succeed? This is a question only time will answer. For now I have my doubts.
    Last edited by AlexCampy89; 09-28-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

Madame web might work if they tie it with Ezekiel and set it in the past

Now that Holland's dads are kissing again, I will watch Morbius on the condition that half-way through the movie Leto trips and smashes his face against a public bathroom urinal, giving him the iconic Morbius ugly mawfucka nose.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate