Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default The Gold Saints vs the Tournament of Power

Due to a clerical error, one universe gets to send twelve competitors to the Tournament of Power, so all twelve of Athena's gold saints show up, meaning: Mu, Aldebaran, Saga, Deathmask, Aiolia, Aiolos (on loan from the afterlife), Shaka, Milo, Shura, Camus, Dohko, and Aphrodite. Are they strong enough to meaningfully compete? How do they do, and how does it affect the overall tournament?

If there were any rules against armour, they get ignored for the saints.

Second scenario for fun: As above, but all narrative hyperbole in Saint Seiya is considered absolute truth
    Last edited by BitVyper; 03-13-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This involves working out a speed difference.

And since i haven't read Saint Seiya and didn't watch the Tournament of Power, I don't have to do it. :P

At the very least, Gold Saint speed should be at a competitive level, since a lot of their plot hinges on them being FTL. Depending on your view of things like crossing the hyperdimension, this potentially gets to silly places like billions of times the speed of light (travel speed on this one, but it corroborates some of the narrative on non-travel speed things). Personally, with the narrative being very fixated on the "faster than light" thing and the esoteric nature of a lot of their feats, I think the best that can be said for them speedwise is that they're some place comfortably FTL. There's a fairly clear couple with Shun being trapped in Saga's Another Dimension and sending his chain across multiple light years to strike Saga... somehow, and then Saga reacts to it when it comes out.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160913090906
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160913091312

Outside of speed though, I don't think they're really rocking the kind of damage dealing power that the upper end characters are. They have scads and scads of esoteric crap though.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 03-16-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This involves working out a speed difference.

And since i haven't read Saint Seiya and didn't watch the Tournament of Power, I don't have to do it. :P
    The ToP gives us our first explicitly* FTL character in dragon ball, which should help for any speed scaling

* IE they actually state that he is FTL in Universe

Yep, really depends on the speed difference. How did Goku overcome Hit's time stop BTW, I don't have time to look for it right now?

Assuming they are fast enough, main threats here are Saga, Shaka, Deathmask and Mu, due to their esoterics: sense removal for Saga and Shaka, Saga's dimension dump (though I guess the upper level characters could scream their way back, like Gotenks did), Deathmask's soul rip, and Mu's TK and teleportation abilities (get in range of the non-winged characters, teleport them above the edge of the arena, rinse and repeat).

For Scenario 2, Saga's Galaxian Explosion is only on the level of... galaxies exploding, which is not enough at this point to deal with the top level characters. However, there are twelve Gold Saints, which means potentially 4 Athena Exclamations, with the power of the Big Bang, at a time.

Honestly, while I think he's in the class of characters that's probably beyond the ability of the gold saints to beat, I still want to see Frieza get dicked around by Shaka's bullshit. There are few people more deserving.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Yep, really depends on the speed difference. How did Goku overcome Hit's time stop BTW, I don't have time to look for it right now?

Assuming they are fast enough, main threats here are Saga, Shaka, Deathmask and Mu, due to their esoterics: sense removal for Saga and Shaka, Saga's dimension dump (though I guess the upper level characters could scream their way back, like Gotenks did), Deathmask's soul rip, and Mu's TK and teleportation abilities (get in range of the non-winged characters, teleport them above the edge of the arena, rinse and repeat).

For Scenario 2, Saga's Galaxian Explosion is only on the level of... galaxies exploding, which is not enough at this point to deal with the top level characters. However, there are twelve Gold Saints, which means potentially 4 Athena Exclamations, with the power of the Big Bang, at a time.
    SSB Kaio-Ken X 20 basically made him powerful enough to resist/break the time stop, IIRC, as well as later allowing him to tear a hole into the overlapping pocket dimension that Hit created using the time he stored up from his time stops (which he used to allow him to simulate phasing).

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    SSB Kaio-Ken X 20 basically made him powerful enough to resist/break the time stop, IIRC, as well as later allowing him to tear a hole into the overlapping pocket dimension that Hit created using the time he stored up from his time stops (which he used to allow him to simulate phasing).
    I might be wrong, but wasn't it KKX10 for the first thing, and no Kaio Ken at all for the second?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure