Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amazing Spider-Man: Post-Hunted

"Hunted" has already begun, but Marvel has posted this new story about what comes next!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-spider-man-24

Here's what we know: the mystery villain will play some role in issues #24 and #25. #24 will be drawn by Ottley, while #25 will be done by Ramos as a celebration issue. The cover for #24 is below.

asm2018024.jpg

Nick Lowe has said "we've known that someone has been working behind the scenes in Peter's life, and we've been coy. Now, we're done being coy. Strap in and prepare to be scared."

Sounds ominous. Peter can't catch a break, huh? What do you think this all means?
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 03-13-2019 at 12:08 PM.

BANNED

I can hardly wait.

My feeling is that this will open a new can of worms and new series of stories going forward. It's not an end but a new kind of beginning. Know what I'm saying.

I hope we get an official name for the villain soon : Centidemon or Spider-Hush aren't acceptable for long. And if this is a new villain it's the longest any new bad guy has gone without getting a name. Which might be one hint and indication that this is not supposed to be a new villain or new character, but someone already known returned.

I have seen guesses online, this is the anthropomorphic personification of the marriage, some crazy demon connected to Mephisto, Pre-OMD Peter. My personal out-there guess is Gwen Stacy.

Oh, no post-event break, my mans ain't screwing around, it is just, it's just on, man.

CentiDaddy is clearly the personification of every other human on the planet, struggling to live up to Supreme High Leader Spencer's greatness, remember--

"And someone who knows what it's like to live in another man's shadow."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Oh, no post-event break, my mans ain't screwing around, it is just, it's just on, man.

CentiDaddy is clearly the personification of every other human on the planet, struggling to live up to Supreme High Leader Spencer's greatness, remember--

"And someone who knows what it's like to live in another man's shadow."
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I can hardly wait.

My feeling is that this will open a new can of worms and new series of stories going forward. It's not an end but a new kind of beginning. Know what I'm saying.

I hope we get an official name for the villain soon : Centidemon or Spider-Hush aren't acceptable for long. And if this is a new villain it's the longest any new bad guy has gone without getting a name. Which might be one hint and indication that this is not supposed to be a new villain or new character, but someone already known returned.

I have seen guesses online, this is the anthropomorphic personification of the marriage, some crazy demon connected to Mephisto, Pre-OMD Peter. My personal out-there guess is Gwen Stacy.
    Whoever they are, we know a few things:
    1) They know Peter is Spider-Man
    2) They brought Mysterio back from the dead.
    3) They made a secret deal with the Kingpin (possibly for Vanessa?)
    4) They made a deal with Mendell Stromm and killed him to send Peter a message.
    5) They hate the fact that Peter re-revealed his identity to Felicia.

So that's quite a lot to go on, despite the villain not appearing often. And even then, it's something supernatural. But why now? Why not before?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Damn, ASM really isn't planning on letting up any time soon, is it? ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Damn, ASM really isn't planning on letting up any time soon, is it? ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN
    Heck yeah! Kraven, the mystery villain, and then Venom and Carnage??? I'm so psyched I could cry.

It's really good to hear that they're not wasting anytime and immediately jumping into confirming who or what this guy really is. Gonna start Year 2 with a BANG! And yeah, my main predictions are either "weird crazy personifcation" or "demon connected to Mephisto"

As for the FCBD story, since its being written by Tom Taylor & Saladin Ahmed, I don't think it has anything to do with Spencer's book, and instead is just setting up a crossover story between Friendly Neighbourhood and Miles Morales.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Whoever they are, we know a few things:
    1) They know Peter is Spider-Man
    2) They brought Mysterio back from the dead.
    3) They made a secret deal with the Kingpin (possibly for Vanessa?)
    4) They made a deal with Mendell Stromm and killed him to send Peter a message.
    5) They hate the fact that Peter re-revealed his identity to Felicia.

So that's quite a lot to go on, despite the villain not appearing often. And even then, it's something supernatural. But why now? Why not before?
    There isn't an obvious person I can think of to connect all these together*, but I think Jason Macendale would be reasonably straightforward to retcon into caring about the items he doesn't necessarily fit into. He's made deals with demons before so resurrection powers aren't entirely off the table, I guess (2), he was part of a number of gang/mob stories (3, maybe 4 via Kingsley?) and was on the Sinister Six with Mysterio (2). It's pretty easy to say he found out Peter's identity while he was dead (while I dislike Mephisto-adjacent Spidey stories, let's just say Mephisto let it slip while they were playing Hell poker**). I can't think of any big Macendale/Black Cat interactions that would result in (5), but it's not hard to create a backstory that takes place between the pages of other stories during the black costume period when Macendale was running around as Jack O'Lantern and Black Cat got her powers from Kingpin.

*Richard Fisk also works as well as Macendale, I guess, in terms of limited retcon-ability

**which is like strip poker, only instead of taking off an article of clothes to reveal a body part, you're naked the whole time and a demon gnaws on a body part
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    There isn't an obvious person I can think of to connect all these together*, but I think Jason Macendale would be reasonably straightforward to retcon into caring about the items he doesn't necessarily fit into. He's made deals with demons before so resurrection powers aren't entirely off the table, I guess (2), he was part of a number of gang/mob stories (3, maybe 4 via Kingsley?) and was on the Sinister Six with Mysterio (2). It's pretty easy to say he found out Peter's identity while he was dead (while I dislike Mephisto-adjacent Spidey stories, let's just say Mephisto let it slip while they were playing Hell poker**). I can't think of any big Macendale/Black Cat interactions that would result in (5), but it's not hard to create a backstory that takes place between the pages of other stories during the black costume period when Macendale was running around as Jack O'Lantern and Black Cat got her powers from Kingpin.

*Richard Fisk also works as well as Macendale, I guess, in terms of limited retcon-ability

**which is like strip poker, only instead of taking off an article of clothes to reveal a body part, you're naked the whole time and a demon gnaws on a body part
    wouldn't Macendale be kind of a letdown though? he's kind of small potatoes. i could buy it being Ezekiel. but he would have apparently traded in his spider-totem for something creepier. he did have an 'investment' in Peter's life. and he was at least aware of the occult. he might have resurrected these villains to test Peter/make him stronger.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-13-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Don't lowball the guy who came up with based Hydra Cap. Centidad is prolly Uncle Ben and the burglar fused together via the wedding rings cloned by Jackal who is actually Peter's dad from Osborn's DNA with all of the powers of Judas Traveler
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate