Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    There isn't an obvious person I can think of to connect all these together*, but I think Jason Macendale would be reasonably straightforward to retcon into caring about the items he doesn't necessarily fit into. He's made deals with demons before so resurrection powers aren't entirely off the table, I guess (2), he was part of a number of gang/mob stories (3, maybe 4 via Kingsley?) and was on the Sinister Six with Mysterio (2). It's pretty easy to say he found out Peter's identity while he was dead (while I dislike Mephisto-adjacent Spidey stories, let's just say Mephisto let it slip while they were playing Hell poker**). I can't think of any big Macendale/Black Cat interactions that would result in (5), but it's not hard to create a backstory that takes place between the pages of other stories during the black costume period when Macendale was running around as Jack O'Lantern and Black Cat got her powers from Kingpin.

*Richard Fisk also works as well as Macendale, I guess, in terms of limited retcon-ability

**which is like strip poker, only instead of taking off an article of clothes to reveal a body part, you're naked the whole time and a demon gnaws on a body part
    wouldn't Macendale be kind of a letdown though? he's kind of small potatoes. i could buy it being Ezekiel. but he would have apparently traded in his spider-totem for something creepier. he did have an 'investment' in Peter's life. and he was at least aware of the occult. he might have resurrected these villains to test Peter/make him stronger.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-13-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Don't lowball the guy who came up with based Hydra Cap. Centidad is prolly Uncle Ben and the burglar fused together via the wedding rings cloned by Jackal who is actually Peter's dad from Osborn's DNA with all of the powers of Judas Traveler
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wouldn't Macendale be kind of a letdown though? he's kind of small potatoes. i could buy it being Ezekiel. but he would have apparently traded in his spider-totem for something creepier. he did have an 'investment' in Peter's life. and he was at least aware of the occult. he might have resurrected these villains to test Peter/make him stronger.
    Depends on the story, I guess. If Spencer revitalizes Macendale and turns him into a new type of foe for Spidey, then it'll be a letdown as a mystery, maybe, but a big deal for the property - you can have a big Goblin war with him, Kingsley, Norman; Mephisto is far too powerful to be a Spider-man foe day to day, but as a sort of step above Demogoblin and well below Mephisto, he'd fill a void in the Spidey villains gallery; or he could become a bigger Marvel villain who moves over to Dr Strange.

Ezekial makes some sense, too, but I just don't care about him as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Don't lowball the guy who came up with based Hydra Cap. Centidad is prolly Uncle Ben and the burglar fused together via the wedding rings cloned by Jackal who is actually Peter's dad from Osborn's DNA with all of the powers of Judas Traveler
    He's also symbiote powered and has some spider-slayer tech
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As for the FCBD story, since its being written by Tom Taylor & Saladin Ahmed, I don't think it has anything to do with Spencer's book, and instead is just setting up a crossover story between Friendly Neighbourhood and Miles Morales.
    Yeah, I agree. FCBD is unrelated to this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I agree. FCBD is unrelated to this.
    I know, but I was really hoping it could tie in!
    That said, having read issue #17, I'm so psyched for this story to play out!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’ve been leaning toward Ezekiel too.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’ve been leaning toward Ezekiel too.
    Ezekiel would be insane, and makes so much sense.

I'm still throwing around my off the wall choice of the Burglar lol.

maybe Mephisto himself. but we'll see. I just don't want them having the final victory.

One thing I have been thinking about, because throughout the past issues of this series, it seems clear that the Centidemon and Kraven's plans have been pretty separate of each other, so do you think Hunted may end up concluding revealing the Centidemon was behind it all, or will he just simply use all the events that just happened to his advantage.

Personally, I prefer the latter, just because I'm kind of sick of stories where EVERY SINGLE BAD THING THAT HAPPENED is because of one dude, but if he ends up going with the former I hope the execution is done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    One thing I have been thinking about, because throughout the past issues of this series, it seems clear that the Centidemon and Kraven's plans have been pretty separate of each other, so do you think Hunted may end up concluding revealing the Centidemon was behind it all, or will he just simply use all the events that just happened to his advantage.

Personally, I prefer the latter, just because I'm kind of sick of stories where EVERY SINGLE BAD THING THAT HAPPENED is because of one dude, but if he ends up going with the former I hope the execution is done well.
    I agree. I don't think Kraven is involved with the Centidemon/Spider-Hush character. But I think he will be involved somehow.

spoilers:
    I think he may be behind who hurt Mary Jane.
    end of spoilers

You guys know what's even creepier? Look at the creature's lettering and clothes: when it first appeared, it had normal speech bubbles and darker clothes. Then, in issues #7 and #10, it had white clothes and more sinister speech patterns, with the latter looking more and more inhuman. I wonder if that's intentional? And if so, is this thing experiencing a metamorphosis? So many questions!!

Amazing Member

I was thinking this new bad guy was Flash Thompson and the real story is what happened to him to make him this new creature. No real reason why I think this other than noticing that a lot of Spencer's run has been about reestablishing classic Spider-Man elements or flat out undoing previous characterizations: Mary Jane's back in a prominent role, Black Cat's knows who Peter is, Jonah possibly back as a newpaper man; but on the way out Slott had Flash killed and maybe Spencer wants to undo that too

I cannot see it being Flash. Reason being, Flash was alive when Mysterio was resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I agree. I don't think Kraven is involved with the Centidemon/Spider-Hush character. But I think he will be involved somehow.

spoilers:
    I think he may be behind who hurt Mary Jane.
    end of spoilers
    Oh yeah, I think that he's definitely responsible for that, though whether it is something he's planning independent of Hunted or as part of the next step in a master plan we'll have to see.

What I really like about him is he's not just a traditional "master manipulator" who's just generic-ly evil, but has a personality. He's very cocky and sarcastic, but also shown with the Black Cat reveal, he's emotional and impulsive too.

And yeah, I don't see it being Flash, because Mysterio was resurrected sometime during the BND era, so at the latest it has to be around then, and also turning Flash evil I think would just be going way too far.