Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Young Justice issue 3 preview (The Kid is back)

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Seems like Conner being raised on the Kent farm was still a thing...maybe? Either that or they're just treating farming as an "in the blood" thing (as in his Superman blood).

Bart seems like a good fit for Bendis' writing style, if only because his teen heroes are generally motormouths who talk too much.

Incredible Member

Love the attention to detail. Top right of pg 4 shows Tim and Amethyst crashing into WG and the rest. As long as Conner keeps that hair cut, he can keep the 90s hair.

Don't know why Conner gave up buut he better snap out of it because I don't need that suicidal New 52 Kon act here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Love the attention to detail. Top right of pg 4 shows Tim and Amethyst crashing into WG and the rest. As long as Conner keeps that hair cut, he can keep the 90s hair.

Don't know why Conner gave up buut he better snap out of it because I don't need that suicidal New 52 Kon act here.
    Well... does he even has his super-power here ? I mean, does Gemworld even has a sun ? ANd a yellow one if it has ? Isn't it possible that here, Conner is powerless ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well... does he even has his super-power here ? I mean, does Gemworld even has a sun ? ANd a yellow one if it has ? Isn't it possible that here, Conner is powerless ?
    That’s one possibility yes. I just hope they don’t re try that whole depressed weapon angle again. I am interested to see how they answer all these questions about Kon. I’m betting that he and YJ4 have their complete Pre FP history intact and nothing from New 52 till Pre YJ #1 is canon

Also, the preview site lists the book being released Next week but the actual date is for tomorrow.

Based on the way the shot where Bart and Conner embrace on page one (the sun is red), and Conner hitting the monster on the last page (the sun is yellow), I'd say Gemworld has a sun, but it's red.

I think the fact that Bart comments on the fact that Conner is growing facial hair (issue 1) is a clue. In pre-crisis Kryptonians couldn't grow their hair or nails under a yellow sun. This changed with the post-crisis reboot, but after a while it was put into question. Given the fact that Bendis said "Clark goes undercover in issue #1010 of ACTION COMICS. He grows facial hair by flexing his jaw muscles. I am not lying!Undercover Clark's name is Chaz and he looks exactly like Bradley Cooper in AMERICAN HUSTLE. Lois loves Chaz." I'd say he may be the type to employ such a characteristic.

You heard it here first
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-05-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Well seen for the suns, I hadn't even seen them when I read the preview the first time !

I think that Bendis won't totally erase the New 52 version of the TT. At some point, I think Young Justice will confront them. It's just too perfect a storyline to not be used by him, really.

After all, Bendis introduced the idea that the Crisis not only happened but are actually a series of seven historical moment of the DCU history, instead of reboots or quasi-reboots. I can see him playing with the impact of those crises both at an external level (the current arc) and then internal level (facing down "echoes" or twisted versions of themselves).

Astonishing Member

Is 90's Conner college age? Looks good though, I like the stubble.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

After all, Bendis introduced the idea that the Crisis not only happened but are actually a series of seven historical moment of the DCU history, instead of reboots or quasi-reboots. I can see him playing with the impact of those crises both at an external level (the current arc) and then internal level (facing down "echoes" or twisted versions of themselves).
    If the first Crisis still happened then how would that explain Supergirl still being alive and younger?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    That’s one possibility yes. I just hope they don’t re try that whole depressed weapon angle again. I am interested to see how they answer all these questions about Kon. I’m betting that he and YJ4 have their complete Pre FP history intact and nothing from New 52 till Pre YJ #1 is canon

Also, the preview site lists the book being released Next week but the actual date is for tomorrow.
    I don't think Pre FP history of YJ4 history will be intact.

I mean Conner couldn't live with with Ma and Pa Kent in the current continuity, since they died before Conner's creation.

Not to mention that Cassie mantain the Zeus as grandfather origin.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yellow sun? I don't so much mind the Johns origin, but I'll be disappointed if he has generic powers instead of TTK to boot. Basically, I'd be disappointed if this is just the Lemire version in a 90s get up.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    If the first Crisis still happened then how would that explain Supergirl still being alive and younger?
    She died and I guess was then "not-dead" because of a subsequent crisis ? It hasn't been fully explained by Bendis how the peoples of Opal and Earth know about the Seven Crises.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yellow sun? I don't so much mind the Johns origin, but I'll be disappointed if he has generic powers instead of TTK to boot. Basically, I'd be disappointed if this is just the Lemire version in a 90s get up.
    Well, there is a cover of YJ where Conner uses heat vision, so he has Kryptonian powers.

I was also wondering about TTK. I don't know if Bendis will mantain this power.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't know if it's too much to ask of Bendis to actually have Kon at the matured state of having both rather than just Kryptonian. He was supposed to develop those sun based powers regardless, but it the pre flashpoint version abandoned all that iirc
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES