Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    All-New Member

I’m 50 and have been reading comics since about ‘72.
    I must say I’m kinda surprised by the number of folks around my age bracket.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Hey, dont give up. Just dont read DC anymore, there are tons of other good book from other publisher.

I am 41 by the way, and started reading with 5 years old.
    I know that there tons of good books, but I don't have the energy to start all over again at my age.

Quote Originally Posted by cj619 View Post
    Awesome!
    if you take out our age bracket, comics sales will drop by half

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I was just wondering if there were any posters in here of a similar age to me. I'm 41. I loved comics as a kid... but unlike many of my peers I never grew out of them. My youngest kid thinks it's cool that her Dad is still an avid DC fan and my wife supports my hobby - let me cover the bedroom wall in superhero posters and stuff.

Anyone else? Please don't tell me I'm the oldest one here...
    I'm 51. I still collect comic books as it gives me something to look forward to.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cj619 View Post
    Awesome!
    Isn't it just! Was amazed myself. Wonder if those in our age bracket also collect the various lines of action figures and collectables?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Isn't it just! Was amazed myself. Wonder if those in our age bracket also collect the various lines of action figures and collectables?
    I only buy the books and watch/buy the movies/films. I'm not against the other stuff or consider it juvenile in any way, but, I haven't dabbled in it since I was a kid (though I have had immense satisfaction in buying it for the younger set of my family over the years ).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Ahem!

I believe you meant "action figure" in your post, Rick.
    Haha... yeah, the 3" Mego figures I had were "action figures"...but the 8" were definitely "dolls"!! (and I'm ok with that!)
    I had most of the 8" Megos (Marvel/DC) and the Planet of the Apes! Many hours were spent playing with them. Good times for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Rest easy, you're not. I turned 60 in January and I'm still as avid a comic book reader as ever, though I don't read quite as many today as I had a couple of decades ago. And yes, it's still an enjoyable pastime.
    You turned 60 in January? I turned 60 in January! And I'm an unpaid moderator on a comic book website. Pretty cool!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I have some collectible statues, not many as they aren't cheap.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Haha... yeah, the 3" Mego figures I had were "action figures"...but the 8" were definitely "dolls"!! (and I'm ok with that!)
    I had most of the 8" Megos (Marvel/DC) and the Planet of the Apes! Many hours were spent playing with them. Good times for sure!!
    I had the Batman figure from Mego, while my three brothers had between them Superman, Aquaman, and Spidey. One of my brothers had some of the Planet of the Apes figures, too. My first action figures, though, were the astronaut G.I. Joe and one of Geronimo from Marx.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    It may be just who's responding to this thread.
    That is true. The replies in this thread skew older than I thought.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I was just wondering if there were any posters in here of a similar age to me. I'm 41. I loved comics as a kid... but unlike many of my peers I never grew out of them. My youngest kid thinks it's cool that her Dad is still an avid DC fan and my wife supports my hobby - let me cover the bedroom wall in superhero posters and stuff.

Anyone else? Please don't tell me I'm the oldest one here...
    I'm 48 and have been reading comics since I was 6 years old.
    Please Remain Calm

Wow. This thread has made me so happy!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    You turned 60 in January? I turned 60 in January! And I'm an unpaid moderator on a comic book website. Pretty cool!
    My birthday was on the 12th. What date was yours? Walt Disney was spot on....it IS a small world after all!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I just turned 58. I've reading comics (primarily DC) since sometime in the late 1960s. I just can't remember for certain what my first comic was.

And it goes beyond the four-color world. I looked at CBR's list of 24 live-action comic book TV shows and realized that I watch 18 of them...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

34 in 1 month. Been reading since around 30... tho had original collection from 9-15, not big tho... my collection is getting bigger now but also trade books I don't wanna reread...

I gave up comics originally cause I got into parties, snowboarding, bmx, skate boarding, film making, girls...

Now I'm older all I do is work, hang with my gf, read comics, and train at the gym... just more time to read then I had in my 20s