Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Spectacular Member

Any former Toys-R-Us kids / toy collectors in here?
    Mego 3.75, Super Powers, Infinite Heroes, etc.
    Check out my new thread on these new DC toys here!!!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Just discovered this awesome thread and will edit my post later. 38 by the way. Batmania hit me hard in 89

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

61, and I've been a DC fan since I was 15. However, I haven't much liked the bulk of what the company has churned out since Flashpoint. At present, I'm only reading Flash and The Green Lantern and only just got back into Justice League after Scott Snyder finished his run and Robert Venditti brought back the kind of straightforward superhero stories I loved in my teens.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just saw this thread. Am glad someone posted to but it on the front page.

I am 38 (Going to be 39 in three weeks) and read comics pretty much every day. I read 5 to 15 issues a day unless something is going on. I know I am luckier then most in my free time. I take care of my disabled father and other then attending to his needs I have some good free time. I also dont work because of a mental health disorder and comic help me cope.

I was into them as a kid but couldnt really afford them. I read them on and off as an adult but didnt really get heavy into reading them until about two years ago where I got an insane amount of trades and graphic novels.

I always was a Marvel guy staying away from Dc for the most part. I liked Batman and Superman and watched the cartoons but stayed away from the comics. When I was in prison my cellmate had some DC Showcase Presents trades. (We could have family order us books to be sent in from approved online bookstores) and he let me read them. They were pretty cheesy but they were a great escape and I loved them. That is how I started to love the cheese.

Now I love the older stuff more then the newer. Am reading golden age right now and am loving it.

I am lucky that my dad supports my love of comics and collecting action figures as he sees how this helps me cope with my mental health disorder. I have a friend with a large collection that he shares with me. and I have the online comic books apps.

I dont know what I would do with out my hobby. I am glad to see there are so many other older people who enjoy it as well.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Grew up with German editions of Superman, Batman and Marvel altogether. Some He-Man and Transformers and of course The Phantom. Started with 6 years old and never stopped reading. I sold massive amounts of my collection because I vowed only to keep the best stuff, as I realized keeping stuff that I don't like is redundant. I want to be a collector and not a hoarder or messy.

I collect Masters of the Universe 80´s Toys too, and some other 80´s stuff like Marshall BraveStarr and so on.

My pull list shrank over the years, because I grew out of Marvel and DC (still buy some of them) but my independent list is still growing. So much good stuff these days out there if you take a look away from the big two.

I have a room filled with toys and comic books, it looks like a comic book shop.

I will die a comic book reader that's for sure.

I’m 41 and grew up reading comics. Still read quite a few comics. My wife is very supportive of my hobby too. She even let me decorate our finished basement with my Superman statues, superhero art and autographs. I have a two year old son who I seem to have passed the superhero bug to. My office at a former job was even decorated with Superman and Batman. I posted pictures of that office here years ago. So you’re definitely not alone. Plenty of us older crew still love our comics and heroes. I’m loving reading this thread.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    61, and I've been a DC fan since I was 15. However, I haven't much liked the bulk of what the company has churned out since Flashpoint. At present, I'm only reading Flash and The Green Lantern and only just got back into Justice League after Scott Snyder finished his run and Robert Venditti brought back the kind of straightforward superhero stories I loved in my teens.
    Whilst I luv Scott's work, his jla was a meandering mess from about half way through imo

I am really enjoying the current arc too