Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I'm 43 and at an all time low for comic interest. I buy maybe one trade a year and read my old stuff now and then. I hope I can get more interested in it again someday but right now the films and books just aren't my cup of tea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I was just wondering if there were any posters in here of a similar age to me. I'm 41. I loved comics as a kid... but unlike many of my peers I never grew out of them. My youngest kid thinks it's cool that her Dad is still an avid DC fan and my wife supports my hobby - let me cover the bedroom wall in superhero posters and stuff.

Anyone else? Please don't tell me I'm the oldest one here...
    Very much my age group

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    My parents will turn 77 by the end of the year, so you're basically the same age as them. I hope you kept your Golden Age comics better than my father did, who wound up with a few boxes of mildewed paper by the early '80s.
    Alas, I didn't start saving my comics until everyone else did, and the prices went down. I coulda made some serious cash, if only....
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Incredible Member

Huh. I remember buying “Robin Dies at Dawn” off the newsstand when I was a little boy. So I’ve got you well and truly beaten, mon frere.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Huh. I remember buying “Robin Dies at Dawn” off the newsstand when I was a little boy. So I’ve got you well and truly beaten, mon frere.
    I think the first comic I can remember looking at was one of the John Byrne post crisis Superman Man Of Steels. Before that I only knew the Christopher Reeve movies. I do remember wondering suddenly why Lex Luthor was a shady billionaire industrialist rather than the underground gangster I knew him as.

Of course now I know why!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

This forum skews a lot older than I thought.

I'm 19. I have been reading since I was 10/11 but with cheap trades, libraries, Marvel Unlimited and Comixology I have got a lot of reading done.
    Last edited by KC; 03-17-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post

I'm 19. I have been reading since I was 10/11 but with cheap trades, libraries, Marvel Unlimited and Comixology I have got a lot of reading done.
    It may be just who's responding to this thread.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    It does now, but when CBR first started during the mid-1990s, the vast majority of the early members were then in their twenties. I'm coming up on 47, but I was 24 when I made my first CBR post.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It does now, but when CBR first started during the mid-1990s, the vast majority of the early members were then in their twenties. I'm coming up on 47, but I was 24 when I made my first CBR post.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yeah, when The Pantheon first coalesced on the message board of Jonah's old Kingdom Come fan page, I was 31. I do miss the old collaborative stories we used to write.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I'll be 76 next week, and I have a huge backlog of unopened boxes of comics because I want to read them in order. I'm trying to figure out which issues I'm missing.
    I'm 65--hey there from a fellow old poot! I gave up trying to organize all those slippery comic books ages ago and started mostly going for trades. Whoever would have thought, while we were spinning the "Hey Kids! Comics" rack that someday we could read them right off the computer? I still haven't gone THAT far for a collection, but I've got more trades than my local comic shop does.

47 here, my interest is at an all time low at the moment. Maybe my wife is right, maybe its time to start a new hobby. The problem is that its not easy giving up after 30years plus, but DC writers give you no option.

I'll be 49 this month and I'm just as much of a DC fanboy as I was in 1989 when I started collecting seriously (around the Batmania craze)! Of course being a small child in the 70's is what got me started (watching '66 Batman, the Superfriends, and playing with my huge MEGO doll collection).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    47 here, my interest is at an all time low at the moment. Maybe my wife is right, maybe its time to start a new hobby. The problem is that its not easy giving up after 30years plus, but DC writers give you no option.
    Hey, dont give up. Just dont read DC anymore, there are tons of other good book from other publisher.

I am 41 by the way, and started reading with 5 years old.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I'll be 49 this month and I'm just as much of a DC fanboy as I was in 1989 when I started collecting seriously (around the Batmania craze)! Of course being a small child in the 70's is what got me started (watching '66 Batman, the Superfriends, and playing with my huge MEGO doll collection).
    Ahem!

I believe you meant "action figure" in your post, Rick.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I was just wondering if there were any posters in here of a similar age to me. I'm 41. I loved comics as a kid... but unlike many of my peers I never grew out of them. My youngest kid thinks it's cool that her Dad is still an avid DC fan and my wife supports my hobby - let me cover the bedroom wall in superhero posters and stuff.

Anyone else? Please don't tell me I'm the oldest one here...
    I'm a few years older than you.....I stopped reading comics by the time I was around 20, started reading again after my son was a few years old and he was really into Spider-Man. He was also into the Justice League cartoon (Timmverse), and I decided to start buying comics for him, but then I got sucked back in, myself, moreso than I was into it as a teen. The positive side is I've been reading higher quality comics than I did when I was younger.