Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

If in the end what Hickman does is about Eternals I'll be sad.

Astonishing Member

Jordan white retweeted the Hickman teaser twice, 1 with the onginal marvel ad and 2 with the corrected add by hickman himself which say Hickman is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Jordan white retweeted the Hickman teaser twice, 1 with the onginal marvel ad and 2 with the corrected add by hickman himself which say Hickman is.
    That's not the corrected ad. It's a joke (a reference to Grant Morrison's Darkseid mythology).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    All will be revealed at Saturday's Next Big Thing Panel at C2E2.
    Thanks for always posting such info.

If Hickman is coming, I hope he has a relatively small roster. A lot of his Avengers team just felt like they were there. I still remember this funny image about it

That's not the corrected ad. It's a joke (a reference to Grant Morrison's Darkseid mythology).
    tbh whenever i think of the Eternals, I think of the New Gods and Apokolips.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    If Hickman is coming, I hope he has a relatively small roster. A lot of his Avengers team just felt like they were there. I still remember this funny image about it
    I'm already excited for Illuminating Comics' version of Hickman's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    tbh whenever i think of the Eternals, I think of the New Gods and Apokolips.
    Whenever I think of the Eternals, I draw a blank.

Whenever I think of the Eternals, I draw a blank.
    Ikaris and Sersi. That's it, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If in the end what Hickman does is about Eternals I'll be sad.
    I will be crushed. Hickman should write every X-Men title for 5 years at least.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if he wrote the Eternals.
    I'm really tired of the never ending "hate-fear-fight-for-existence/Evil Mutants are our own worst enemies" trope of the X-Men (unless he was bringing something completely new and different). I'd love to delve into something much more grand and outer-wordly like the Eternals mythos which is absolutely in Hickman's wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

Hyperion and thor, my two gay dads

I'm 99.9% sure that it is Eternals.

1) Hickman tweeted this cryptic gif: https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1105883705296515078 The Deviants are derived from ape-men. It just doesn't work for X-Men.

2) Marvel is starting work on a Eternals movie this year, which is going to put the spotlight back on that franchise. They need a big name author to relaunch the comic to coincide with that.

3) DC has been doing cool stuff with Kirby properties. Marvel almost certainly wants in on that action.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Kinda hoping it's for Eternals, tbh. Can't help but think of Hickman as the GTA4 of comic book writers. I know it's an objectively great game, but holy hell was it not fun.

For a first time in a loooooong while I’m kinda excitedly waiting for X-Men news. I really want to believe that this book will be X-Men and the whole thing about it potentially being Eternals is a clever coordinated misdirect with that ensemble Eternals movie that Marvel Studios is working on actually being a disguised X-Men movie. I wouldn’t put it past Marvel to do this to keep things under wraps until the Disney-Fox merger is officially finalized (which it now is!). And I just find it hard to believe that they would actually try to introduce Eternals into the MCU before X-Men & F4 now that they have them back. And there were a lot of rumors about Hickman wanting to do X-Men after Avengers but not being allowed to around the time he left Marvel. So maybe Marvel called him up and asked if he was interested now that they want to push X-Men again.

But it’s equally likely that I’m just reaching and grasping at straws with the theory and the Eternals will be the next big MCU film and this Hickman project will be about the conflict between Eternals & Deviants. Knowing Hickman’s style and affinity for the grandiose it would make sense that he would be writing Eternals. And if Marvel Studios is making an actual Eternals movie then it makes sense for this to be an Eternals book since Marvel loves that movie-comic synergy.

But if that turns out to be the case and Hickman won’t be taking over X-Men then I’ll probably once again loose any interest in X-Men for a while because that means that the current direction for the X-Men will continue for the foreseeable future and I’m seriously uninterested in it. Age of X-Man is a pointless & time wasting alt reality story with the main reality characters and the tired trope of a utopia that is actually a dystopia while UXM and X-Force just seem pretty bland or focus on characters I don’t care about anymore or never have.

So I really, really, really wish that this Hickman project will be about X-Men but I guess we’ll have to wait a little while longer to see.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 03-20-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Marvel doing house ads hyping up the return of a creator as if they're Christ like DC's "Imao Bendis is about to bust" promotion and then saving the announcement for a big panel at a con over the Eternals would be something else. The last time they made this big of a stink with the announcements of announcements and whatnot was what? Fantastic Four coming back?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate