Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For folks who might not be aware...

Hickman writes a creator-owned title at Image(The Black Monday Murders).

After the last arc, the creative team let folks know that the next arc would be the final one. They also said that they weren't even going to bother with soliciting it until their work was finished. The idea being that doing things that way would provide a final arc without any publishing delays between issues.

The interesting part?

(Assuming this takes) the books final arc hits the stands in April.

Make of that what you will.
    That series is on my pull list and it comes out so sporadically that I really can't follow it any more. It's too bad because when I went back and did a re-read of a few issues it was really good. I wonder what ever happened to his book The Manhattan Project.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

I think this is a X-Men #1 1991 style launch

Hickman and Larraz on X-Men

Uncanny stays the same

X force gets new artist

Generation X

I think this isn't a end of the world for X-Men event but maybe humans are forced to accept mutants and the X-Men finally become the premier heroes in The MU and celebrated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Hmm. I can actually believe that.

If Hickman was allowed to do his own thing more or less while Uncanny was the primary driver of the X-franchise, I can see that happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I feel like Eternals as a comic book property would flop even harder than Inhumans.

I'm honestly surprised Marvel Studios is forging ahead with this nonsense considering they get hundreds of characters back in a week.
    Yeah, it's almost like they know what they're doing and have a proven track record and have developed plans for The Eternals that they have full confidence in.

At first glance, The Eternals as a movie property definitely does seem like a head scratcher, but I think it's safe to say that when we see more about what's actually going on with it, the reaction will be "Oh, ok - I get it now."

BANNED

God, i hope that is true.
    Hickman is exactly what the doctor ordered for the X-Men right now.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So did Zac Thompson. Get ready for another weekly Uncanny X-Men event.
    And I recall JDW liked or retweeted it. Maybe it's happening.

I can't be excited or worried, since I am not familiar with Hickman. So Idk what to expect from him.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

God I hope not. Not because I think it would be bad but I want him to finish East Of West and Dying and the Dead first. Oh and Black Monday as well. I’d also like to see Frontier finally come out.... so yeah. Let him do his own thing for a while.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

Hickman and Larraz on X-Men

Uncanny stays the same

X force gets new artist

Generation X

I think this isn't a end of the world for X-Men event but maybe humans are forced to accept mutants and the X-Men finally become the premier heroes in The MU and celebrated.
    This sounds plausible.
    I'd definitely buy a Hickman/Larraz X-book...with just two caveats:
    1. They don't do any weekly publishing schedules (I barely tolerate double-shipping and only when writer and artist are on point).
    2. Larraz is the ongoing and regular artist...with the inevitably occasional artist fill-in issues. (The minute they pull an XMR/Asrar scenario...I'm out. I refuse to pay good money for inconsistency).

The mention of Hickman and Opena got me super pumped. I just want to know how this is all going to go down if it's true.

So we know that we're going to have a big BIG reunion w the end of Age of X-Man that coincides w whatever is going to happen in Uncanny X-men.

Also Hickman does epic long form stories so I'm hoping X-Editorial doesn't try to reboot and make an event every year. And that's what excites me most about him coming on. I remember going into the Avengers forum or F4 forum just to see what was going on during his runs. So although I don't know how he writes it does bring me a little excitement to see what he'd do with the X-Men. Especially with all the heavy hitters that are around.

I most excited about what artist he'll be bring to the X-Office and also I'd love him to be the X-Architect for the next 3-5 years.

Hickman is typically paired with great artists... so that's something.

I'm more than happy to spend these next couple months in the Age of X-man. I'll worry later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That series is on my pull list and it comes out so sporadically that I really can't follow it any more. It's too bad because when I went back and did a re-read of a few issues it was really good. I wonder what ever happened to his book The Manhattan Project.
    Without trying to drag this too far off-topic, it's solid enough that I have to suggest not throwing in the towel on it.

The first two arcs are out in trades, and the final arc is supposed to come out without any delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Question1987 View Post
    God I hope not. Not because I think it would be bad but I want him to finish East Of West and Dying and the Dead first. Oh and Black Monday as well. I’d also like to see Frontier finally come out.... so yeah. Let him do his own thing for a while.
    If what the pair said is on the level, The Black Monday Murders is done. Just a matter of it winding up on the shelves.

Hickman can't be much worse than the past few groups of X-writers, or the current crop. I say bring him on, please.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

You know what, that'd be sorta kinda poetically fitting. Secret Wars and all its nobody-gives-a-efff-omg AUs pretty much screwed over every single Marvel book that wasn't the SW main book. It's only right Hickman would help out a franchise after an AU-ish event that didn't sell particularly well.

Edit: Or run into the ground, I suppose. I could totally see the A-office pulling a Jedi mind trick on the X-office.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 03-15-2019 at 10:55 PM.

X-editorial went to hell after Molecule Man and Franklin rebuilt the universe so there is a karmic debt to be paid.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Jonathan Hickman writing the X-Men would be quite interesting for sure.