Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Is Jonathan Hickman taking over?

There's an interesting teaser in today's Marvel comics.

Oliver Sava thinks this confirms that Jonathan Hickman is taking over as writer, which has been rumored for a while.

If so, I'm really looking forward to it, given his impressive runs on Fantastic Four and X-Men. It's about time for X-Men to have something similarly ambitious.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

He took over my heart long ago

BASED GOD EMPEROR AND INHUMANS FAN HICKMAN CAN USE THIS TO UNDO THE CHARACTER ASSASSINATION
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

This rumour pops up at least twice a year and it's not going to happen.

Good teaser.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm not buying anything the X-Line is currently producing, not with any regularity. Jonathan Hickman would likely insure the continuation of that.

I don't think it's likely to happen though, that rumor comes and goes every six months. I don't know what the ad is indicative of.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I’m not against Hickman taking over but I want the Age of X-Man talent to have had an impact first.

Hickman on X-Books is like wandering through the desert on the verge of anti-alive and seeing the oasis, but then you get there and it's always just a mirage hiding uhhhh, a Pepsi machine.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't see what this teaser would have anything to do with Hickman, as much as I'd like to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hickman on X-Books is like wandering through the desert on the verge of anti-alive and seeing the oasis, but then you get there and it's always just a mirage hiding uhhhh, a Pepsi machine.
    Are you sure you don’t mean an RC Cola machine?

Hickman would be interesting on an X-book, but at this point after multiple “Is Hickman taking over” rumors, I don’t care too much.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This definitely has to do with the X-Men, at least. It sounds interesting and it's invoking feelings of Morrion's run - so Hickman may well be an option. I'd be down for it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Didn't Bleeding Cool say there was a big Magneto event coming? Or was that bishop66?

BANNED

This place would hate Hickman, so I don't know why the hell some of you want him to take over. He's known for sometimes using characters as plot devices, despite never getting to the point of character assassination, and I already saw fans of certain characters having disproportionate reactions to stuff tamer than that. He's a god amongst writers, but I wouldn't wish a X-Book gig on him. I like him too much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I don't see what this teaser would have anything to do with Hickman, as much as I'd like to think otherwise.
    Critics might be plugged into the industry enough to know if there's any truth to a rumor, especially one that would involve a lot of artists and major lead-time. It is relevant that this is Oliver Sava's immediate conclusion, and that Abraham Reisman (NY Magazine) thinks that sounds right.

https://twitter.com/abrahamjoseph/st...37858814939148

Hickman has a style of big statements on white blank space.

He had minimalist teasers for the Death of Johnny Storm.

Obviously, Sava could be wrong, and Hickman might stick to creator-owned stuff, while this could be an announcement for some mini-series by creators we haven't heard of, or for something we already know is coming (Grand Design Year 3) but this also fits as a teaser for Hickman.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This isn’t even the first time that Sava’s waiting for Hickman.

I like Hickman but he often write fow few characters and often they are male characters. So I odn't think I would likehim on x-men