Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sunspot went from minor X-men character to leader of the Avengers and main responsible for ending AIM as a threat. Cannonball became a husband and father. Hyperion (granted, a creation of his) had a good arc as well.

T'challa and Namor were well developed in NA as well.
    Sunspot was all Spencer and Ewing. Cannonball isn't development. Panther and Namor's development in NA happened almost entirely off-panel.

Hickman is all about big concepts and complicated plotlines that you need a diagram to follow it. So i don't really expect much charactherization on his part, outside the basic.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

I'm excited for this. I love Cyke, but I hope Storm gets the kind of amazing character arc/development Scott had from Morrison to AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Tyke lost any promise he had in the X-books a long time ago, no one should point to him when the question of Scott’s absence is raised.
    He was good in Champions. Though that's an Avengers office book!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was good in Champions. Though that's an Avengers office book!
    Yep, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Illuminati and most of the Avengers were Bendis hand-me-downs and he made that much less white, so there is no way to tell what characters he would choose to focus on now that he can just start from scratch. Maybe wait until tomorrow for covers.

Editorial let Rosenberg's team through, so they're certainly not helping.
    I mean sure it went from 6/6 white folks to 6/7, so I guess thats progress

But then he added Black Swan and Maximus so it became 8/9

Hickman's Avengers is fantastic... up to the Infinity crossover. After that there's some pointless dimension/time travel stuff, things introduced in the first half of his run don't really get any interesting pay-offs and to cap things off 'Time Runs Out' just turns everything into Civil War I½: Electric Boogaloo. It's a good read though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, we had 4 years without Cyclops and 5 without Wolverine and people are still complaining. There were plenty of chances for other characters in this mean time, and the books did not get any better without them.
    If Cyclops was killed today and revived after 100 years, I guarantee you the same posters would rise from the depths of Earth to complain about him here.

Also, counting Tyke as Cyclops is some BS. By that same measure, Jeen was OG Jean and was here for six years as a dominant force in the O5 dynamic but that so doesn't count.

Anyway, I doubt Hickman would have that much focus on Wolverine. He clearly has an interest on Scott, because he's a man of culture, but I'm not sure who else beyond him and Sunspot would catch his interest in the current status quo.

The Biblical Revelation is Cyclops coming out of the pages to bring the faithful into heaven while the Earth becomes a Phoenix-flavored hell.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wolverine and Cyclops were killed and just came back, they also are on a whole different universe and people still complain.
    some people will never be happy
    also is not their fault other characters are not important.
    Which is exactly why I put the onus on the writers and 95% of x-office writers have a cockeyed focus on making Scott and Logan as the most important component of the X-Men, they weren't from their inception nor should they be. The X-Men are about a group/team that also can function like a family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Hickman's Avengers is fantastic... up to the Infinity crossover. After that there's some pointless dimension/time travel stuff, things introduced in the first half of his run don't really get any interesting pay-offs and to cap things off 'Time Runs Out' just turns everything into Civil War I½: Electric Boogaloo. It's a good read though.
    Infinity really was a shitshow. It’s very beloved, but it was a complete nonsense event that had more narrative shortcuts than a Bendis lifetime.

oh wait i forgot beast is an x-man hick'll write more beast, that good boi, that absolute unit
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Which is exactly why I put the onus on the writers and 95% of x-office writers have a cockeyed focus on making Scott and Logan as the most important component of the X-Men, they weren't from their inception nor should they be. The X-Men are about a group/team that also can function like a family.
    And that's exactly what marvel has given you since both of them died and are giving you right now on a whole different universe.

edit: i'm not saying everything should be about these two, i would hate that but blaming them for every character problems is just not fair.
    i too would love to see Jean or Storm having huge roles. Equal or greater than the boys
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-22-2019 at 04:04 PM.

BANNED

For the X-Lady fans, the more I think about it, it would probably be best to have the important XX characters away from the main books. This coming stat quo is bound to be Fractionesque...sometimes not appearing at all is better.

Kelly Thompson or Leah Williams could do an Adjetiveless X-Men of only were, as there already were.