Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Hype for Hickman's charts to show up as Easter Eggs on Cerebro or whatever.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    ThatÂ’s the conversation. DoesnÂ’t necessarily mean thatÂ’s whatÂ’s in store for us. I canÂ’t wait until next month to hopefully find out more in the solicits. IÂ’m more pumped for the X-men books and whatÂ’s coming than IÂ’ve been in a decade. I have a feeling itÂ’s going to be good (though many fans on here will gripe; thatÂ’s a given), and that it will prepare the X-men for their MCU film debut.

This is definitely about streamlining the franchise and cleaning it up in my view. For sure. The timing just aligns too perfectly with the FOX acquisition, which has been coming for a long time. Just like this Hickman relaunch, which apparently has been in the works for months. Plenty of time to align with Marvel Studios ideas and to move the comics to where they can prime the pump for that. Maybe my expectations are too high, but as someone who loved the Grant Morrison New X-men run IÂ’m hoping for that kind of an advancement of the franchise. Hopefully this time they donÂ’t spend the subsequent decade pretty much wiping it all out, though.
    I just miss the time when I read the X-men and was surprised at every page or did not know what to expect. Hope I am wrong but when I see this panel it is as if I have managed to anticipate what will happen mainly because of the title. It's the same with Age of X-man, I can not read it without getting bored because I can anticipate most of the events.

I was never a fan of Bendis because to achieve his goal he made the characters act out of their normal personality but that was precisely why he sold more than others because no one could predict what he would do with them for a long time until the readers realized the pattern he used in his work. Chris Claremont on the other hand succeeded without having to change most of the essence of the characters, while applied small and big changes and was not limited to standards. I could hardly predict what would happen in his stories and even when I did he always added some surprising factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Hickman on X-Men would get me buying Marvel comics again.
    In case anyone was curious... it did!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He took over my heart long ago

BASED GOD EMPEROR AND INHUMANS FAN HICKMAN CAN USE THIS TO UNDO THE CHARACTER ASSASSINATION
    BASED GOD was Jesus of Nazareth based on?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This rumour pops up at least twice a year and it's not going to happen.
    Amusing to see the reactions like this now that DoX is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    To be fair I think most of us had lost faith in X-Men editorial once they decided to do a AU event focusing on X-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    In case anyone was curious... it did!
    He brought me back. And I'm quite happy so far.

True. Some fans were so full of certitude, like nothing but the truth could come out of their "predictions"... It's quite amusing, I agree.

yeah especially since we now know that Hickman's run was in development long before we got confirmation

Hype for Hickman's charts to show up as Easter Eggs on Cerebro or whatever.
    oh look at me, so young, they don't even know that charts would become life
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

oh look at me, so young, they don't even know that charts would become life
    I love these trips down memory lane. I wasn't even posting yet, just lurking like a creep. Cheers!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Reading some of the early replies in here sure is funny in hindsight. It's really hard to forget how cynical a lot of us were before this DoX era kicked off lol

I recall believing the Hickman rumors early on even when Marvel was still denying it. This was before Rosenberg's Uncanny and before Age of X-man. If I recall Bleeding Cool and a few other sources were reporting that Hickman was going to take over the X-line.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know I was a somewhat skeptical back then...what a huge difference a few months have made. If nothing he got me from reading/buying one x-book (X-Men Red) to reading and buying six and more.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I recall believing the Hickman rumors early on even when Marvel was still denying it. This was before Rosenberg's Uncanny and before Age of X-man. If I recall Bleeding Cool and a few other sources were reporting that Hickman was going to take over the X-line.
    As I understand it, Age of X-Man was invented to fill the gap created by the delay in the Hickman era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I remember being really ecstatic about the rumor and hopeful that it was true and then as the weeks wrote on it started looking more and more likely until it was finally confirmed. I remember I practically punched the air I was so happy that Hickman would be taking over the reigns of X-men and he hasn't disappointed me yet lol

HoX/PoX was really the drastic change the X-line needed. A very big dose of adrenaline.