Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If he's coming to the x-office it will be great to have a writer with talent and creativity, that doesn't have to fall back on just make a half wack story, jammed with either Scott or Logan. He can flesh out and give depth to other cast ..and make it believable. This current arc is displaying what's been wrong with X-Men for a while.
    You could def be right but even though others got decent amounts of attention, Cap and Tony were by far the most important characters in his Avengers run so it might be too early to say he won't use Scott and Logan in the same role here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    You could def be right but even though others got decent amounts of attention, Cap and Tony were by far the most important characters in his Avengers run so it might be too early to say he won't use Scott and Logan in the same role here lol.
    Hickman used a bunch of characters but his focus was captain america and iron man. Very few characters were really developed in his runs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If he's coming to the x-office it will be great to have a writer with talent and creativity, that doesn't have to fall back on just make a half wack story, jammed with either Scott or Logan. He can flesh out and give depth to other cast ..and make it believable. This current arc is displaying what's been wrong with X-Men for a while.
    I don’t remember a single Avengers character he developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The mass culling where they kill and retire every character created before 2000
    I want a mass culling where they kill and retire every character created after the y2k
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

I really chalk his writing problems in New Avenger up to FF. His Avengers run was basically just a continuation of his FF run. He certainly made Franklin and Valeria more interesting in there.

The last thing x-men need is a over arching run that centers on Logan and Cyclops. And I really think with Hickman chances are high to get something like it

Hickman loves chronology and Earth X.

So I think it must be something like an origins of the (Marvel Universe) species involving Celestials, Eternals, Deviants, Mutants, etc.

Maybe with some big retcon revealing the mutants origins in MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman used a bunch of characters but his focus was captain america and iron man. Very few characters were really developed in his runs
    Namor and T'Challa had more focus than Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Namor and T'Challa had more focus than Iron Man.
    That doesn't make it much better. Still make it 100% male centered. still iron man was much more important to the story,

That doesn't make it much better. Still make it 100% male centered. still iron man was much more important to the story,
    Yes, I agree that he did not seem very interested in writing female characters. The Illuminati was a sausage party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Hickman loves chronology and Earth X.

So I think it must be something like an origins of the (Marvel Universe) species involving Celestials, Eternals, Deviants, Mutants, etc.

Maybe with some big retcon revealing the mutants origins in MCU.
    That's not likely, considering Mark Waid is doing something similar.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...universe-c2e2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wolverine and Cyclops were killed and just came back, they also are on a whole different universe and people still complain.
    some people will never be happy
    also is not their fault other characters are not important.

HICKMAN is an ad for a future advertising campaign from a future in which the product is pre-orderable in deluxe
    Last edited by sungila; 04-06-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

The last thing x-men need is a over arching run that centers on Logan and Cyclops. And I really think with Hickman chances are high to get something like it
    i disagree. i want to see a huge arc that focuses on the essential characters. I want to see scott and logan interact with jean. realistically, scott, logan, jean and storm are the most popular and important x-characters to the mythos. why shouldn't they get a mojority of the spotlight. having said that, i'm not agaionst other characters getting love either, but to quote dwight shcrute, you put your best beets up front

BANNED

I don’t like Hickman...I feel like he has good big ideas but he doesn’t spend enough time on the individual parts