Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m not against Hickman taking over but I want the Age of X-Man talent to have had an impact first.
    Technically all the writers and artists (sans Seanan rip) I loved on this event ended up working on Dawn of X.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    He brought me back. And I'm quite happy so far.

True. Some fans were so full of certitude, like nothing but the truth could come out of their "predictions"... It's quite amusing, I agree.
    Yeah it has been mostly great, a couple of really nice surprises.

X Force is my number one book, then Marauders, X Men is up there but a couple of really dodgy issues brought it down a notch.

Half of New Mutants is good too, disappointed with the other half and with Excalibur. Fallen Angels was pretty but failed to hit the right beats.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...and thank the Goddess he did.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...and thank the Goddess he did.
    Amen to that.....

Technically all the writers and artists (sans Seanan rip) I loved on this event ended up working on Dawn of X.
    Im still rolling my eyes how the AoX writers blatantly lied when they said the stuff that was happening in that event would matter and have repercussions once they returned to 616. A year later, none of that mess mattered

Prisoner X works well enough as a stand alone piece that it's okay.

Sometimes things don't have to matter, they can just be good.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Prisoner X works well enough as a stand alone piece that it's okay.

Sometimes things don't have to matter, they can just be good.
    They dont but thats not what the writers said. They lied and said it would matter as a way to justify people reading them. They were intentionally misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im still rolling my eyes how the AoX writers blatantly lied when they said the stuff that was happening in that event would matter and have repercussions once they returned to 616. A year later, none of that mess mattered
    They didn’t say anything about repercussions, the only thing I remember hearing was Leah saying that they get to keep their memories and experiences of the event. And that Blob and Northstar will still be friendly with each other because of how they bonded during X-Tremists.

They didn’t say anything about repercussions, the only thing I remember hearing was Leah saying that they get to keep their memories and experiences of the event. And that Blob and Northstar will still be friendly with each other because of how they bonded during X-Tremists.
    The Marvelous X-men writers did especially Zach Thompson or whatever his name was. He said the some of the X-men liked being celebrated or seen as gods and that would carry over which I guess you can argue that it did with Magneto. The whole Age of X-man was hit or miss with me. I did like Prisoner X and Xtremists, but the rest fell flat especially Marvelous X-man. The event had some real ideas and could have been great but it just was bland and wasn't successful in what it was trying to do because the writing was so mediocre.

Incredible Member

They dont but thats not what the writers said. They lied and said it would matter as a way to justify people reading them. They were intentionally misleading
    From a thematic standpoint it very much mattered, providing such a clear contrast to House of X, which also seems to be carrying out a bit of the "what would you sacrifice for your dreams" idea.

To be fair I think Evan is still dead, so that's at least one repercussion

I dunno if I think that’s very important.

IDA with AoX mattering. One could have never read that and come into all of these DoX books and not miss a thing. There are zero references and none of the characters have changed as a direct result of what happened in AoX

I do think Age of X-Man did three important things that prepped the X-Men for Krakoa:

1) The X-Men achieved their dreams.

-Well, not exactly Charles’ dream but they’ve been given a world where they’ve won. A collective vision from all the mutants that amounted in a world with all mutants. It highlights that even if they can’t admit it, the X-Men cannot imagine a world where they don’t face persecution without humans being removed from the board entirely. Not that this means human genocide, just that they know they’ll be safer in a community of their own. The Age of X-Man also provides them with the mutant culture that they’re now developing on Krakoa.

2) Brought attention to the fact that they’re stuck in a cycle of never winning.

3) A bunch of the X-Men are tired as sh!t of fighting an unwinnable fight

-I think this feeds into how easily the mutants were able to adapt to the new dream. They know their old ways don’t work and haven’t worked otherwise they wouldn’t have had humans protesting on their doorsteps after decades of struggle. So when Xavier offers a way out that gives them a much-needed win PLUS the ability to still protect mutants, they would logically be jumping over tables to accept his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The Marvelous X-men writers did especially Zach Thompson or whatever his name was. He said the some of the X-men liked being celebrated or seen as gods and that would carry over which I guess you can argue that it did with Magneto. The whole Age of X-man was hit or miss with me. I did like Prisoner X and Xtremists, but the rest fell flat especially Marvelous X-man. The event had some real ideas and could have been great but it just was bland and wasn't successful in what it was trying to do because the writing was so mediocre.
    That’s actually pretty cool! Do you have a link to it?

We need like an annual about all of the angry mob people with mutie signs who are now unemployed.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate