Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 665
  1. #646
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Iím not against Hickman taking over but I want the Age of X-Man talent to have had an impact first.
    Technically all the writers and artists (sans Seanan rip) I loved on this event ended up working on Dawn of X.

  2. #647
    Mighty Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    He brought me back. And I'm quite happy so far.



    True. Some fans were so full of certitude, like nothing but the truth could come out of their "predictions"... It's quite amusing, I agree.
    Yeah it has been mostly great, a couple of really nice surprises.

    X Force is my number one book, then Marauders, X Men is up there but a couple of really dodgy issues brought it down a notch.

    Half of New Mutants is good too, disappointed with the other half and with Excalibur. Fallen Angels was pretty but failed to hit the right beats.

  3. #648
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    ...and thank the Goddess he did.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  4. #649
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...and thank the Goddess he did.
    Amen to that.....
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  5. #650
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Technically all the writers and artists (sans Seanan rip) I loved on this event ended up working on Dawn of X.
    Im still rolling my eyes how the AoX writers blatantly lied when they said the stuff that was happening in that event would matter and have repercussions once they returned to 616. A year later, none of that mess mattered

  6. #651
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Prisoner X works well enough as a stand alone piece that it's okay.

    Sometimes things don't have to matter, they can just be good.

  7. #652
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Prisoner X works well enough as a stand alone piece that it's okay.

    Sometimes things don't have to matter, they can just be good.
    They dont but thats not what the writers said. They lied and said it would matter as a way to justify people reading them. They were intentionally misleading

  8. #653
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im still rolling my eyes how the AoX writers blatantly lied when they said the stuff that was happening in that event would matter and have repercussions once they returned to 616. A year later, none of that mess mattered
    They didn’t say anything about repercussions, the only thing I remember hearing was Leah saying that they get to keep their memories and experiences of the event. And that Blob and Northstar will still be friendly with each other because of how they bonded during X-Tremists.

  9. #654
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They didn’t say anything about repercussions, the only thing I remember hearing was Leah saying that they get to keep their memories and experiences of the event. And that Blob and Northstar will still be friendly with each other because of how they bonded during X-Tremists.
    The Marvelous X-men writers did especially Zach Thompson or whatever his name was. He said the some of the X-men liked being celebrated or seen as gods and that would carry over which I guess you can argue that it did with Magneto. The whole Age of X-man was hit or miss with me. I did like Prisoner X and Xtremists, but the rest fell flat especially Marvelous X-man. The event had some real ideas and could have been great but it just was bland and wasn't successful in what it was trying to do because the writing was so mediocre.

  10. #655
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They dont but thats not what the writers said. They lied and said it would matter as a way to justify people reading them. They were intentionally misleading
    From a thematic standpoint it very much mattered, providing such a clear contrast to House of X, which also seems to be carrying out a bit of the "what would you sacrifice for your dreams" idea.

  11. #656
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im still rolling my eyes how the AoX writers blatantly lied when they said the stuff that was happening in that event would matter and have repercussions once they returned to 616. A year later, none of that mess mattered
    To be fair I think Evan is still dead, so that's at least one repercussion

  12. #657
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They dont but thats not what the writers said. They lied and said it would matter as a way to justify people reading them. They were intentionally misleading
    I dunno if I think that’s very important.

  13. #658
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,855

    Default

    IDA with AoX mattering. One could have never read that and come into all of these DoX books and not miss a thing. There are zero references and none of the characters have changed as a direct result of what happened in AoX

  14. #659
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,390

    Default

    I do think Age of X-Man did three important things that prepped the X-Men for Krakoa:

    1) The X-Men achieved their dreams.

    -Well, not exactly Charles’ dream but they’ve been given a world where they’ve won. A collective vision from all the mutants that amounted in a world with all mutants. It highlights that even if they can’t admit it, the X-Men cannot imagine a world where they don’t face persecution without humans being removed from the board entirely. Not that this means human genocide, just that they know they’ll be safer in a community of their own. The Age of X-Man also provides them with the mutant culture that they’re now developing on Krakoa.



    2) Brought attention to the fact that they’re stuck in a cycle of never winning.



    3) A bunch of the X-Men are tired as sh!t of fighting an unwinnable fight



    -I think this feeds into how easily the mutants were able to adapt to the new dream. They know their old ways don’t work and haven’t worked otherwise they wouldn’t have had humans protesting on their doorsteps after decades of struggle. So when Xavier offers a way out that gives them a much-needed win PLUS the ability to still protect mutants, they would logically be jumping over tables to accept his vision.

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The Marvelous X-men writers did especially Zach Thompson or whatever his name was. He said the some of the X-men liked being celebrated or seen as gods and that would carry over which I guess you can argue that it did with Magneto. The whole Age of X-man was hit or miss with me. I did like Prisoner X and Xtremists, but the rest fell flat especially Marvelous X-man. The event had some real ideas and could have been great but it just was bland and wasn't successful in what it was trying to do because the writing was so mediocre.
    That’s actually pretty cool! Do you have a link to it?

  15. #660
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    We need like an annual about all of the angry mob people with mutie signs who are now unemployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •