Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The second volume of Rosenberg's run indeed ends with July's #22.
    Age of X-Man ending.
    Rosenberg’s run ending.
    War of the Realms ending (not all that important but the post-event status quo is already set for a new x-book)

There’s too many things for it to actually be X-Men. We don’t get gifts like this, especially when it makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Bleeding Cool could be trolling us.

I will wait until Wednesday releases before freak out.
    BC trolls, but they don’t troll like this.

Am I the only one who doesn't love Hickman?

His Fantastic Four run to me was, eh, okay, better than average.

I may catch hell for this, but I preferred Remender's Avengers to Hickman's.

While bringing Hickman to the X-Men at least shows Marvel cares again about the title and characters, I'm not going to lie. My expectations aren't super high.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I don't see Marvel putting Hickman on X-men when there is an Eternals movie coming. As an X-men fan I do not expect the marvel comics division to do anything spectacular with the x-men until marvel/disney release their first x-men movie. They are going to spend this year and next year adjusting the marvel universe in such a way that the x-men will be back where they started. A small group of x-men led by Xavier from the mansion trying to protect a world that hates and fears them, with only a handful of mutants spread out over the entire world. Once that is set up, it will be another year or two before marvel will bring them into the wider marvel universe (read "marvel wide " crossovers). And then we will get someone as Hickman taking over the books to do something special with the x-men. Between now and then, we will see a lot of stories like X-man altering part of reality ,just to bring the x-men back to what they were 60 years ago. So that it will reflect the reboot in movies.
    The X-Men are in War of the Realms, Uncanny has a separate Tie In Book, Adult Cyclops is helping the Champions and Wolverine is in the Main book
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No way they will give Cates God venom story to other writer.

I am sure Bleedingcool already knows what Hickman is writing. It seems they have some kind of agreement not to spoil things. They knew that Cyke will return monthes before announcements and were teasing it. They knew averything about Uncanny relaunch too but told nothing about it. They just were telling which rumours from reddit were wrong.

So this is really X-Men or Eternals.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I will wait for a confirmation before completely freaking out. I will say that even if it's not X-Men, I'd still be happy to have Hickman back at Marvel, one step CLOSER to the X-Men. But I will totally lose my mind if it's them.

A teaser talking about Evolution, and then another in the same font that just says Hickman? Sure sounds like he's taking over X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If it's the Eternals I will be beyond disappointed.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I get the feeling that disappointment is the only way this whole thing is gonna end.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    What do Eternals have to do with evolution though? They are, after all, eternal.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm trying really hard not to freak out... but it all lines up pretty well with the end of The Age of X-Man, the completion of Disney's acquisition of Fox tomorrow and the official announcement of a renewed focus on the X-Men line to be made this weekend at C2E2. But we've been burned before by hype only to be ultimately let down, so I'll try not to raise my hopes too much.

Ugh I don't really care about the Eternals. Although I'm sure I'd enjoy it, I don't want Hickman to make me care about the Eternals, not if there's the X-Men on the plate, too.

The teaser makes more sense for the X-Men than the Eternals. The Eternals specifically don't evolve further, are not aggressive, and they don't even share the same environment as the Deviants because they're a pretty bland utopia that has no need to adapt or dominate.

If it is Eternals, I will tar and feather myself with cheap blue fur to cosplay Beast.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Eternals are closely related to evolution and in some regards are a close approximation of the X-MEN. they are described as an offshoot of the evolutionary process that created sentient life on Earth brought about by the alien Celestials, who intended the Eternals to be the defenders of Earth, which leads to the inevitability of war against their destructive counterparts, the Deviants. thus the conflict reflects the same struggle that plays out between good and evil mutants in the X-MEN. like them they keep their existence mostly secret and the uni mind could be regarded as their cerebro like plot device. then again they share the same progenitors in the celestials who ultimately were also responsible for enabling the phenomena of mutation. Anyways this might be a series where the Eternals meet a race that has surpassed them and now threaten to takeover the world which could force them to evolve further through X means for facing the threat so it can be a announcement regarding a series about eternals or the X-MEN
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-19-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't love Hickman?

His Fantastic Four run to me was, eh, okay, better than average.

I may catch hell for this, but I preferred Remender's Avengers to Hickman's.

While bringing Hickman to the X-Men at least shows Marvel cares again about the title and characters, I'm not going to lie. My expectations aren't super high.
    No, you're not. I actually liked his take on the F4, but I think his Avengers are really overrated. He had a huge cast and only really focused on Cap, Tony and a convoluted plot.
    I do think he's a good writer who's capable of writing some awesome comics (mostly his creator-owned stuff like East of West), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I think the X-books need a huge shot in the arms and someone willing to take them on new directions like Morrison did. The current runs feel stale and pointless, it's all been done before. And done way better.
    I do think Hickman has the capacity to do it IF he also manages to connect with the characters. Rosenberg seems like he's just killing time before a new direction truly starts.

BANNED

Hickman has an eye for artists so at least the title will look good