Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hickman took over Avengers like he did so that he could bring the story that he'd been telling since his Fantastic Four run. He doesn't HAVE an overarching narrative he's building right now. Him just getting Adjectiveless or Astonishing or whatever and working alongside Rosenberg or whoever the writers of Uncanny and the rest of the line are seems rather likely.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Imagine if it's Great Lakes Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Imagine if it's Great Lakes Avengers.
    Ahahahah, or Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Hype is always real, but will it deliver. Seems they hyped up their last con too, and we got lackluster info that didn't give too much.

Lets wait & see if this is just another overhype job.I wanna be excited, but I am wary. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hickman getting Adjectiveless because of thos juicy #1 sales sounds likely. If Rosenberg does leave Uncanny, Thompson and Nadler will probably take over. Or Hickman gets both, Avengers/New Avengers style and things get real dope.
    Rosenberg may be on for limited time. The BC rumors mentioned new artists were coming from Uncanny.
    BC Rumor.jpg
    On another site, someone mentioned the rumors being untrue due to Rosenberg saying he only had one artist on his run. But that's the key. HIS run. When he goes, a new artist will be coming, and it may be Land next.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-19-2019 at 06:48 AM.

To read Uncanny right now knowing that Hickman may be in the future is like this:

D1fROGiXcAEe_r1.jpg

Whatever it is, it’s coming in July. And it’s Hickman.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...el-comic-july/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't think the Whedon/Morrison approach of doing just the one book and ignoring the rest works for the X-Men - it's the reason why, aside from a couple of X-Men-titled books and Wolverine, no team or single character seems to be able to sustain an ongoing series for long anymore. I think the X-books work really well with a Claremontian plotmaster approach (also used by Lobdell/Harras and Warren Ellis for Counter-X), with a writer working on at least a couple of books and a handful of spin-offs written by talent of their choosing, with connectivity across all series.

Hickman / Ayala / Thompson / Ewing could be cool tbh.

Although the Hickman leg would be my least favorite part, I would hope an assignment to the xBooks means he has a big vision to fulfill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I don't think the Whedon/Morrison approach of doing just the one book and ignoring the rest works for the X-Men - it's the reason why, aside from a couple of X-Men-titled books and Wolverine, no team or single character seems to be able to sustain an ongoing series for long anymore. I think the X-books work really well with a Claremontian plotmaster approach (also used by Lobdell/Harras and Warren Ellis for Counter-X), with a writer working on at least a couple of books and a handful of spin-offs written by talent of their choosing, with connectivity across all series.
    Morrison worked pretty well actually, because a lot of other writers at the time expounded on ideas he introduced.

Remember Hickman's Avengers wasn't a problem for Remender's Uncanny Avengers. So it doesn't necessarily need to affect the others X-titles.

What I'm really think about is that Marvel's original plan for Uncanny X-men relaunch last year was Hickman, but something got wrong and they were forced to find an alternative, so Disassembled and Age of X-man were just a fill-in before the real thing.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Morrison worked pretty well actually, because a lot of other writers at the time expounded on ideas he introduced.
    You are not wrong but that was more down to the other writers and editors wanting to link to Morrison's work - I think we can all agree it works way better for the satellite books if the main book/s reference them back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm sorry.Where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    In cases like this the image URL can be helpful.

"oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2018/05/venom-red-god.png"

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    First issue of Cates and Stegman's Venom run from last year.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

All will be revealed at Saturday's Next Big Thing Panel at C2E2.