Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I like Hickman but he often write fow few characters and often they are male characters. So I odn't think I would likehim on x-men
    His Fantastic Four was definitely balanced enough but I generally agree that if he's just going to write about "DA MENZ" I'd rather not.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Are you sure you don’t mean an RC Cola machine?
    Is there a difference between Lucifer and Satan?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

If true, it'd be good in the fact that we would be able to rely on a degree of stability in the direction of the books. Whether or not I liked that direction is TBD.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    His Fantastic Four was definitely balanced enough but I generally agree that if he's just going to write about "DA MENZ" I'd rather not.
    Lineup of Beast, Nemesis, Forge, Captain Britain and Exodus.

Lineup of Beast, Black Bolt, Dark Beast, Karnak, Quake, Medu-- wait.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If Hickman is taking over, it only makes sense that Sunspot would be on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah, x-men strenght is with the women. Unless Hickman change his modus operandi, I don't want him on a x-men book

Extraordinary Member

I like Hickman, I do. And I do think he would be someone to make use of Age of X-Man. And Hickman has made himself rather legendary at Marvel for his epic stories.

But would this work for X-Men the way it worked for Fantastic Four and Avengers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I like Hickman, I do. And I do think he would be someone to make use of Age of X-Man. And Hickman has made himself rather legendary at Marvel for his epic stories.

But would this work for X-Men the way it worked for Fantastic Four and Avengers?
    It didn't even work for the Avengers.

Hickman hates Gambit so I don`t want him on X books. His Avengers were great story but it was a story about a few characters with a lot of wallpapers.

Hickman's original Avengers team (before many changes over the years) was:

Captain America
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Wolverine
    Hulk
    Cannonball
    Black Widow
    Thor
    Sunspot
    The Falcon
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Spider-Woman
    Spider-Man

Def a big disparity between men and women although the run was very good. Hopefully we can have more of a balance if he's on the X-books

Please be true. He's the only person who's in a position contract wise to take over and do a great job, IMO. My dream would be if Kurt Busiek could take over instead, but I think he's DC exclusive still? I'd also welcome a Scott L/Fabian N return but I don't see that happening, nor do I see lord Chris Claremont coming back in his writing prime. So yeah, Hickman would have to be the best we could hope for, which sounds worse than it sounds. I'm hoping it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This place would hate Hickman, so I don't know why the hell some of you want him to take over. He's known for sometimes using characters as plot devices, despite never getting to the point of character assassination, and I already saw fans of certain characters having disproportionate reactions to stuff tamer than that. He's a god amongst writers, but I wouldn't wish a X-Book gig on him. I like him too much for that.
    In the 6 years I've been here, literally every X-story has been disliked by at least 55-60% of the people and that's me being generous. The X-books is hands down the most critical forum in this site, only the Wonder Woman forum really comes close. It doesn't matter if it's Hickman or Alan Moore, a majority of the posters will not like it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Please be true. He's the only person who's in a position contract wise to take over and do a great job, IMO. My dream would be if Kurt Busiek could take over instead, but I think he's DC exclusive still? I'd also welcome a Scott L/Fabian N return but I don't see that happening, nor do I see lord Chris Claremont coming back in his writing prime. So yeah, Hickman would have to be the best we could hope for, which sounds worse than it sounds. I'm hoping it's true.
    Busiek would be a nightmare since he primarily cares about the O5 era.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It didn't even work for the Avengers.
    Really? I had fun. Mostly towards the end, but it was a fun run.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hickman's original Avengers team (before many changes over the years) was:

Captain America
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Wolverine
    Hulk
    Cannonball
    Black Widow
    Thor
    Sunspot
    The Falcon
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Spider-Woman
    Spider-Man

Def a big disparity between men and women although the run was very good. Hopefully we can have more of a balance if he's on the X-books
    His problem is that there are just more female characters than male ones when it comes to the X-Men. If he uses only or mostly male characters, it will be noticed.