Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I'd love Hickman on the X-Men. His story telling is interesting, usually big scope and big build up, and his character work is good. When he used Cyclops in Avengers, I liked his tone and characterization.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I generally do like Hickman's writing my main issue is that his stories just go on and on and on...to the point where reading becomes tedious. He basically doesn't know how to edit his own work down to its important elements.
    That said, he would certainly bring something different to the X-mythos...if the editors allow him to do so. Sadly, based on what's going on in the X-books now, I seriously doubt they'll allow anything new, different and truly innovative in terms of direction and story-telling. If he's going to be "told" to do the same extinction/hate/fear/misery themes we've had ad nauseum then, as much as I would welcome Hickman on the X-Men, I definitely won't be reading.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-13-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Is there a difference between Lucifer and Satan?
    There is a subtle difference my friend.

Didn’t Hickman himself say that he wouldn’t want to do another massive run like he did with Avengers?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There's an interesting teaser in today's Marvel comics.

<SNIP>

Oliver Sava thinks this confirms that Jonathan Hickman is taking over as writer, which has been rumored for a while.

If so, I'm really looking forward to it, given his impressive runs on Fantastic Four and X-Men. It's about time for X-Men to have something similarly ambitious.
    No.

It's about the Carnage/Venom/Avengers event: https://www.cbr.com/venom-carnage-marvel-universe/

This thread can be closed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    No.

It's about the Carnage/Venom/Avengers event: https://www.cbr.com/venom-carnage-marvel-universe/

Don't think so, as that event already has its own just-released-teaser, in a completely different style...

BANNED

Hickman is boring but at least it will be more interesting than Age of X-Man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There's an interesting teaser in today's Marvel comics.

Oliver Sava thinks this confirms that Jonathan Hickman is taking over as writer, which has been rumored for a while.

If so, I'm really looking forward to it, given his impressive runs on Fantastic Four and X-Men. It's about time for X-Men to have something similarly ambitious.
    I'm certain that Hickman will be doing something with Marvel this year. I don't believe it's the X-Men, though - at least not in any central capacity. He'll never be the guy driving a whole line at Marvel again like he did with The Avengers. I think he could do a solo book or a mini but he's not going to be the new guy on, say, Uncanny.

And that's fine with me. I'm really digging what Rosenberg has been doing on Uncanny so I'd like him to stay and put in a long run.

As for Hickman, I'm eager to see what he's got cooking. I believe Tom Brevoort tweeted awhile back that he received a new script from Hickman so whatever he's doing, it appears to be for a book Brevoort edits.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    No.

I don't think they would create such drastically different marketing strategies for important events. It's usually formulaic in some way, and this does look sort of like Hickman's doing....something? Maybe Inhumans?

Hickman would be a dream coming true.
    He is one of the greatest names nowadays, he proved be capable of writing big teams of heroes with his Avengers run and he is a big fan of the X-men.

But I don't think he'll be writing for Marvel anytime soon.
    He is too busy saling his authorial work for other medias:

Jonathan Hickman's EAST OF WEST and TRANSHUMAN Becoming Amazon Series
    https://nerdist.com/article/jonathan...series-amazon/

Hickman has now tweeted a clip of the sequence from 2001: A Space Odyssey where the ancestors of man encounter the monolith.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1105883705296515078
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Hickman is boring. I'd rather see Ewing on a flagship X-book. And more from KThompson, Williams, Ayala, ZThompson, and Nadler.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I'd love Hickman on the X-Men. His story telling is interesting, usually big scope and big build up, and his character work is good. When he used Cyclops in Avengers, I liked his tone and characterization.
    Agreed. Cyclops only appeared in a few pages, but I loved the tone and how he wrote Scott. His Cyclops was tactical. I'd love to see Hickman do an X-Men Book

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hickman's original Avengers team (before many changes over the years) was:

Captain America
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Wolverine
    Hulk
    Cannonball
    Black Widow
    Thor
    Sunspot
    The Falcon
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Spider-Woman
    Spider-Man

Def a big disparity between men and women although the run was very good. Hopefully we can have more of a balance if he's on the X-books
    Most of that lineup was actually inherited from Bendis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Hickman is boring. I'd rather see Ewing on a flagship X-book. And more from KThompson, Williams, Ayala, ZThompson, and Nadler.
    Ewing seems to be a more and more popular pick for the X-books. An old friend of mine is really loving his Immortal Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'd rather see Ewing on a flagship X-book. And more from KThompson, Williams, Ayala, ZThompson, and Nadler.
    Kelly, Zach and Lonnie are boring as heck while Leah just isn't good