Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Damn right! What a wonderful news, I can't wait!!!!!!!
    Damn, that was fast, i didn't expect you until much later lol
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I liked the way the books felt so connected during Bendis era. I miss that. So I'm totally fine with the idea of Hickman doing two connected books. Especially cause it's essentially one weekly run.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Hickman: I'm sorry for what's about to happen. [laughs] I feel you . Change is good. And I do like Cyclops."

These are good things.
    I disagree. No offense, but threatening the fans, even in jest, is juvenile. Why should people pre-order these comics? I hate when anyone does this, but most entertainment businesses do not promote a new movie or show by saying, "You fans are going to suffer and it's too bad."

Anyway, where are Gambit and Rogue? Where is Polaris? Some substantial X-characters are still missing.

So, these are alternating miniseries?

Astonishing Member

I have 2 theories

The woman next to Charles is a resurrected Moira McTaggert

The woman next to Charles is Magda

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    So there's Present day Logan, Weapon X Logan, and Morrison Logan? Did I get that right?
    Yeah you did, you could even make an argument that they are Wolverine's best versions.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Lol they are apparently using words like "new", "different", and "radical" to describe this, but the first piece of art for it indicates time-travel/Battle of the Atom stuff.

Oh Marvel, never change.
    AU characters again...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

House of X and Powers of X will each be twice-monthly, alternating weeks, for at least 10 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I disagree. No offense, but threatening the fans, even in jest, is juvenile. Why should people pre-order these comics? I hate when anyone does this, but most entertainment businesses do not promote a new movie or show by saying, "You fans are going to suffer and it's too bad."

Anyway, where are Gambit and Rogue? Where is Polaris? Some substantial X-characters are still missing.

So, these are alternating miniseries?
    For what JDW say Rogue and Gambit are going to be in a nln-X-Men team apparently. Don't know anything about Polaris.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

maybe this will be like x-men disassembled?
    a short story to set up the next relaunch?

BANNED

Many people are dissatisfied that there are more AU characters, but i'm afraid that original will be dead and we will never see them.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    maybe this will be like x-men disassembled?
    a short story to set up the next relaunch?
    it 100%, I doubt he is just completely changing the x-men landscape then dipping...

Hickman says New Mutants X-Men/Asgard stuff reallt "hit him hard". And the three issues Jim Lee and Chris Claremont with Rogue in Savage Land and the X-Men back in Shi'ar territory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hickman: Again, we're keeping alot of this under wraps. Let me just say that we have radical, radical plans for all of you. I grew up primarily a DC Comics guy; the only book I read of Marvel growing up was the X-Men. All the books I've done at Marvel up to this point, those were fantastic jobs -- but they were jobs. This is was the first book I've loved before I started doing."
    Kind of surprised that wasn't FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Each series will be released on an alternate weekly schedule, starting with HOUSE OF X, followed by POWERS OF X. Fans will be able to follow along each week this summer and witness history unfold."
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nd-powers-of-x

Pic with good quality:
    So are these going to be the "flagship" X-Men books when read together, ala Avengers and New Avengers, with no Uncanny, or will these eventually end and segue into the flagship book?

I wonder if all these characters are indications of stuff that will be in the book or just what the general X-Line will look like under Hickman's tenure.

I hope "past, present, and future" means less time-travelling X-Men or AU's and more just Hickman's story involving many different time periods for the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Expect focus on Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine.

Now we got the perfect version of a lover for Kitty
    How'd you get that out of it lol?

That said, Hickman's books are always very conceptual and plot driven as opposed to character driven and imo that's fine. We haven't had a great long-running narrative in the X-books in a while. I think many characters will be used to drive the plot but it's the shake up of the entire line he's teasing that I'm excited for

Well I'm glad I'm not picking up Age of X-Man. Just a time killer for Hickman's x-books.