Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My dark lord Cates predicted this, i should have never doubt of his wisdom.
    He knew it from the very start. May the God of the Abyss bless him

Also, why in hell did that image come out duplicated, godammit

so how do you guys feel with marvel basically saying new x-men 114 was last milestone of franchise?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

edit: wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    so how do you guys feel with marvel basically saying new x-men 114 was last milestone of franchise?
    I see no lies.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    He knew it from the very start. May the God of the Abyss bless him

Also, why in hell did that image come out duplicated, godammit
    Bless him indeed, now if Cates is the next Wolverine writer, he shall ascend to a new plane of existence.

Lol, it happen sometimes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Fairly accurate, particularly for me. I find the Utopia/Messiah//Time Travel O5/ Inhumans stuff as something to be put down as a whole, even if there were some bright spots.

This teaser doesn't make it seem like this new era will be worth anything either though, so I'm not sure why the big talk about milestones.

I love how they made Havok a little kid to match his whiny personality.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I laughed ahaha

Makes sense, love it or hate it, Morrison's run was the last time than the franchise feel interesting (even if i disagreed with a lot of his ideas).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

No lies. It doesn't mean what came after wasn't good, but it was definitely a result of Morrison's influence. After him, the franchise never had any change of the same level.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Looks to me like Havok from the X-Babies of Art Adams fame?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Each series will be released on an alternate weekly schedule, starting with HOUSE OF X, followed by POWERS OF X. Fans will be able to follow along each week this summer and witness history unfold."
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nd-powers-of-x

Pic with good quality:
    In the background, from left to right: Warlock, Mr. Sinister, Gateway, AOA Blink, Iceman, Sikorsky (on Apocalypse's shoulder), Apocalypse, Cable, Toad, Archangel, Master Mold, Rachel (as Phoenix)

In the middle, from left to right: Vulcan, Jean (as Marvel Girl), Thunderbird (could be John or James, but IMO probably John), Emma, Jubilee, Logan (in his Morrison-era gear), Cyclops, Magneto, Dazzler, Storm, Firestar, Beast, Bishop, Lilandra, Nimrod

In the front, from left to right: New character #1, Storm (from her kid pickpocket days), Logan (as Weapon X), Bill the Lobster (from Fallen Angels; at Moira's feet), Moira MacTaggert, Morrison-era Cerebro helmet, Professor X, Nightcrawler, X-Babies Havok, Wolverine, New character #2

New character #1 looks like Azazel, but his costume design more resembles Kurt. New character #2 looks like a female version of Colossus carrying Illyana's Soulsword. My guess is we're looking at alternate future kids--Kurt's son and perhaps Kitty and Peter's daughter. The other possibilities are simply alternate versions of Nightcrawler (if he'd been red like Azazel instead of blue like Mystique) and Colossus (if he'd been a girl).

Different characters from different periods of the franchise. In some cases, multiple versions of the same character, each from a different time period. This would also fit with the ongoing theme of altered reality, alternate timelines, and alternate versions of characters that's been playing out in the books over the last year--Extermination (Ahab and the Hounds, the O5), Disassembled (Legion and X-Man), Age of X-Man, and (coming soon) Major X, and now this. Looks to me like some kind of big, cross-time, Exiles-like multiversal event--Crisis of Infinite X-Men?

Or, of course, this poster could just be a general-purpose X-Men pic showing various characters from throughout franchise history and have no meaning whatsoever for Hickman's storyline.

I suppose we'll find out in July.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 03-23-2019 at 04:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Well Age of X-man matters because it's a great story...
    That's right, continuity isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Man, AoXM really was just killing time until Hickman's master plan was ready...
    Or it's part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    O hewll. age of x-man is just a filler. ...
    Like Uncanny?

Mighty Member

Perfectly fitting. All the creative teams since have been working from the template that Morrison established. The last 15 years of stories have been extensions of his run moreso than extensions of what came before it. Morrison de-aged the characters (e.g. Emma went from late 30s/40ish to 25, Scott and Jean went from mid-30s to mid-20s, and so on), deconstructed and reset many of their personalities and relationships, made the X-Men's identities public, came up with "secondary mutations", and jacked up the size of the mutant population by a couple orders of magnitude (pre-Morrison, X-Men creative teams proceeded on the assumption that there were, at most, only a few thousand mutants worldwide).

All the post-Morrison creative teams have been playing in the X-Men "world" that he built.

Now, if Hickman's really being given that level of creative control, he's being given the chance to reset the franchise to a similar extent--another soft reboot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Looks to me like Havok from the X-Babies of Art Adams fame?
    It does/is.