Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    We need like an annual about all of the angry mob people with mutie signs who are now unemployed.
    Classic!
    1010wins
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm still rolling my eyes how the AoXM writers blatantly lied when they said the stuff that was happening in that event would matter and have repercussions once they returned to 616. A year later, none of that mess mattered
    I think the AOXM books still did a pretty good job in paving the way for what was to come. Establishing that the long fight has exhausted the X-Men physically, mentally and emotionally. They're scarred in many ways, and were just in a cycle. We know now that AoXM and Uncanny was filler to tide us over until HoXPoX was ready to launch, so in some ways it isn't as essential to the characters and the X-Men narrative, but that's not to say it didn't have value. I do wish that more elements had been long-lasting, and certain dynamics had been followed up on, but I can appreciate that the stories, for the most part, were pretty good on their own.

Mike Carey's Age of X, probably my favourite alternate take on the X-Men, made a lot of the same mistakes. Only a small handful of plot-threads mattered beyond the event, and everything else was abandoned. When it comes to AOXM I'd be all for Kurt & Meggan discussing their short******d relationship (while Meggan was still technically married) and Nature Girl to be elevated as a character, among other things, but we're just gonna have to trust that eventually somebody will pick it up

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think the AOXM books still did a pretty good job in paving the way for what was to come. Establishing that the long fight has exhausted the X-Men physically, mentally and emotionally. They're scarred in many ways, and were just in a cycle. We know now that AoXM and Uncanny was filler to tide us over until HoXPoX was ready to launch, so in some ways it isn't as essential to the characters and the X-Men narrative, but that's not to say it didn't have value. I do wish that more elements had been long-lasting, and certain dynamics had been followed up on, but I can appreciate that the stories, for the most part, were pretty good on their own.

Mike Carey's Age of X, probably my favourite alternate take on the X-Men, made a lot of the same mistakes. Only a small handful of plot-threads mattered beyond the event, and everything else was abandoned. When it comes to AOXM I'd be all for Kurt & Meggan discussing their short******d relationship (while Meggan was still technically married) and Nature Girl to be elevated as a character, among other things, but we're just gonna have to trust that eventually somebody will pick it up
    AOXM was not a good run and really shouldn't matter. I hope most of the stuff from the last few years doesnt matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    AOXM was not a good run and really shouldn't matter. I hope most of the stuff from the last few years doesnt matter anymore.
    Most of the stuff from recent years does matter. We have already seen plenty of stuff referenced and play directly into the current era

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    AOXM was not a good run and really shouldn't matter. I hope most of the stuff from the last few years doesn't matter anymore.
    Speak for yourself. I happen to have really enjoyed parts of AOXM, and I know many fans who did too. It shouldn't be discredited by any means, and I think the creators did brilliant work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Most of the stuff from recent years does matter. We have already seen plenty of stuff referenced and play directly into the current era
    ^^Both good and bad, our current creative teams are plucking bits and pieces from all over X-Men history and weaving them into the Krakoan tapestry and I am 200% here for it