Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

So, like... everyone is so sure it's about X-Men. It probably is because of that language!

But, why is everyone so convinced it's also about Hickman?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman love to troll, I remember one time he said that he was on DC offices and everybody thought he was writing for DC
    I hope so. Hickman is good, but his stuff is a slow burn and we don't really need more "cataclysmic, world-ending" arcs that he tends to long-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    So, like... everyone is so sure it's about X-Men. It probably is because of that language!

We’re not sure. Just hoping really. I guess the “species” language does kind of allude to mutants. And the timing would make sense, with Age of X-men wrapping up and whatnot. But my gut tells me it’s a bait and switch and it’s Eternals related. Or maybe I just don’t want to get my hopes up for an awesome X-men relaunch, with new writers and costumes and a new creative direction.

Hickman is cool and all... But I'd rather see Ewing take point on X-books (while still getting to write books with Monica ad blue marvel and Hercules).

Just check out No Road home and no surrender. That's how you do a weekly 10 Issue series. Not that Disassembled nonsense that we had to put up with.
    Avengers are knocking it out of the park twice, while Xmen failed to do it right at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Hickman is cool and all... But I'd rather see Ewing take point on X-books (while still getting to write books with Monica ad blue marvel and Hercules).

Just check out No Road home and no surrender. That's how you do a weekly 10 Issue series. Not that Disassembled nonsense that we had to put up with.
    Avengers are knocking it out of the park twice, while Xmen failed to do it right at all.
    That's exactly what I had said. I think he would make a great addition to the X-Mythos. His work in Ultimates was really cool(IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There's an interesting teaser in today's Marvel comics.

Oliver Sava thinks this confirms that Jonathan Hickman is taking over as writer, which has been rumored for a while.

If so, I'm really looking forward to it, given his impressive runs on Fantastic Four and X-Men. It's about time for X-Men to have something similarly ambitious.
    Hickman writing the X-Men? I'm all for that, but I'm not convinced he'll take over yet. It's a rumor, but a very good one. It's well-documented that he had an idea for the X-books prior to Extraordinary X-men, but editorial nixed it in favor of a different direction. Maybe now they're ready to give him another chance. I hope they do. Hickman is a great writer and really knows how to play the long game, with respect to telling a story. He would definitely give the X-book some A-list talent at a time when everything seems to be transitioning into a new status quo.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel like it’s going to be Eternals and we are all going to be let down.
    I would not be let down at all by Hickman doing The Eternals. I'd actually much prefer that to him doing X-Men.

reasons why I don't think it's the Eternals:

-White RTed it. He could very well be editing it, but I think they'd give an Eternals book to the Avengers office since that's where all the ambiguous stuff goes (plus that's where they got killed off).

-They just got killed off. They have a movie coming out soon, so they'll be back obviously; I think Marvel would do a "Return of Eternals" thing first or reintroduce them in the Avengers in a major way and then give them a new book.

-The whole motif is off. The Eternals were basically god farmers for humans. But the X-Men definitely fit the evolution bit more.
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-13-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post

It's been rumored for a while.
    The specific ad fits his design sensibilities.
    He did just tweet about evolution.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Ugh not looking forward to it. Find Hickman’s work to be tedious
    Yes, me too but then again, I find most of my own posts tedious too. Still, yes, thank you for reminding me that in actuality as much as I admire Hickman's talent for design...the interiors, once I'm inside, are always a bit too clean, barren and kinda intimidatingly institutional. Like all the characters would um, be put out if I got too emotional about things...or accidentally applauded or moved.

I love the fluid improvisational flow of X-Books right now and Hickman really doesn't seem like a good fit for something so conversational and interactive...but maybe everything is all planned to stop being like that at a said date and maybe then, Hickman would be perfect.
    Last edited by sungila; 03-13-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

If this rumor is true i'm cool with it, wanted Hickman on X-men because he seem good at plotting the course for a title or franchise for long satisfying runs. Him on the flagship
    Uncanny book with Ewing on a Astonishing book would be a great combo combined with a few other teams by some other creators on some satelite team books could be a great start to a X-men ressurgence.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I like Hickman but he often write fow few characters and often they are male characters. So I odn't think I would likehim on x-men
    He had the largest Avengers team ever. Also, his Sue Storm was great.

I’m very happy with the current writers.
    I’ve really been enjoying Brisson & Rosenberg. They’ve world building and i would be gutted if all that was snatched away for ANOTHER new writer. Nobody gets time to breathe these days and tell their stories.

I would absolutely love a Hickman-written X-Men that featured Magneto as one of the leading characters.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's been rumored for a while.
    It fits his design sensibilities.
    He did just tweet about evolution.
    I wouldn't count much on that. Hickman loves to troll, even if the teaser really looks like somethingt of his work